James' Journal

I haven’t been following the discussions about the flow charts and other things. My current thinking is that as long as I am enjoying and appreciating as I have been then I don’t need a diagram.

3 Likes

I am enjoying and appreciating what I used to call addictions. I am experiencing what deliciousness is.

Can your elaborate on both sentences, @jamesjjoo?

I used to call thc and masturbation addictions. Now I quit thinking of them as addictions and thoroughly and sensuously enjoy and appreciate them. It is so sensuous that they seem delicious. I am also sensuously enjoying other things like cheap greasy tacos at Jack in the Box. I think what happened was I quit thinking of these things as wrong and started enjoying and appreciating them. I am wondering if this is what happens when one becomes actually free. I am thinking of Richard enjoying tobacco.

4 Likes

I totally dig what your saying man :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes I have had similar thoughts, somehow the basic precept of morality is that suffering is good for you, that we are not here to enjoy and have fun but rather to be striving to be ‘good’. That somehow it is wrong to simply delight in things like sex or food or just pottering about doing nothing or what have you. It’s like it’s all flipped on it’s head! It’s awesome to discover that actually there is no god or ultimate authority that will somehow punish me if I dare to simply delight in existing on planet earth.

6 Likes

Yeah!

2 Likes

Yes, I liked the way you emphasized delight. It seems new to me to simply delight in just being here doing what I’m doing.

3 Likes

Richard says in TMOBA that " Note: asking how one is experiencing this moment of being alive is not the actualism method; consistently enjoying and appreciating this moment of being alive is what the actualism method is. And this is because the actualism method is all about consciously and knowingly imitating life in the actual world. Also, by virtue of proceeding in this manner the means to the end – an ongoing enjoyment and appreciation – are no different to the end itself."
James: By taking him at his word I take this to mean that as long as I am enjoying and appreciating then there is nothing else to be done.
Am I overlooking that I still need to take action to self-immolate?

1 Like

Yes, see the yellow note here for example:

3 Likes

@claudiu Yes thanks, I see. Enjoying and appreciating is what I do in the meantime.

3 Likes

Enjoying and appreciating ‘in the meantime’ is great. However, to go further is going to take some kind of action. I think what’s missing is pure intent and altruism. Does it take pure intent to have altruism? I have a clear memory of pure intent from a pce but I’ve never experienced the kind of altruism that wants to do it for humanity.

I would highly recommend establishing that “golden clew” and experiencing that pure intent on an ongoing basis, outside of a PCE, like it appears me, @Kub933 and @cross.chrono are doing!

It is really transformative and makes everything way easier and more fun!

Regarding altruism there is certainly a sense and knowledge that I’m doing this not just for myself but for everyone … I don’t know if this is of the sufficient quality or caliber yet so I can self-immolate. What I understand is it comes when necessary, so I am not so worried about it.

2 Likes

I went to a serene spot at a small lake this morning with the intention of tapping in to pure intent. I was looking for some kind of energy and then I realized what pure intent actually is. Pure intent is actually a purity. When I realized this I then got a taste of the purity which is still lingering.

3 Likes

I don’t know if sensuousness tunes one in to pure intent or if pure intent tunes one in to sensuousness.

1 Like

Wonderful stuff. @jamesjjoo

1 Like

My ex-wife called me and I went to see her. The only thing I can do now is keep my hands in my pockets. Love is already creeping in.

2 Likes

well there are some other places you could place your hands James that would fit under “enjoying and appreciating this moment of being alive”. :slight_smile:
A-ron

1 Like

Yes, I did that and it was too enjoyable. Now I am hooked. The challenge now is to enjoy and appreciate it w/o love gumming up the works and then shutting down and retreating.

3 Likes

What’s working so far is that I am helping her with the help she needs with her house and not worrying about what can ‘I’ get out of it.

1 Like