James' Journal

@jamesjjoo What is it like when are feeling closer to the actual world?

@Andrew Good question Andrew. For me being close to the actual world is like being in the actual world but not completely because there is still a ‘me’ present although it seems thin. Hence, there is not the same purity as there is with no ‘me’.

3 Likes

Wow, that sounds really great. I have a picture in my head of you wandering around the lake.

:+1:

James - I have a foggy memory of you mentioning that you clinically died at one point. You would be one of the rare few who can say they know what death is like. If you wouldn’t mind, may you recount that event to the best of your ability?

1 Like

rick, I don’t know about being clinically dead. My experience of death was that it was the end, kaput. There was nothing but total darkness. Like Richard said it was.

Thanks, James. May I ask, what the cause of death?

1 Like

I od’d on some mushrooms.

Psychedelic mushrooms?

Your heart stopped then for a period of time? How long were you dead for, do you remember?

Yes, they were psychedelic mushrooms.
My heart stopped and I stopped breathing. I never knew how long I was dead for.

I do have a memory of right before I died that everything turned green and there was ‘the shape of death’ hovering over me and then it swooped down on me and took my breath away.

Interesting. Toxicity death from magic mushrooms is reportedly extraordinarily rare. Did emergency medical treatment revive you, or was your body able to regain its breath and heartbeat on its own?

1 Like

The body regained its breath and heartbeat on its own. It was like something clicked and I came to desperately gasping for air.

I see. Were you alone or were there others there with you when this occurred? Who let you know later on that your heart had stopped beating?

I was alone. Nobody let me know that my heart stopped beating. I know that I stopped breathing and there was no consciousness or nothing so I assume that my heart stopped beating.

Understood. I appreciate you taking the time to share what must have been for you a very traumatic experience. If you remember anything else later on related to that event that you think may be interesting, please don’t hold back. Thanks for taking my questions.

1 Like

I do remember that for about a week afterwards everything seemed very strange including my so called life.

1 Like

That’s perfectly understandable.

Interesting and strange, yes…
And there was something that makes you think/feel/perceive that it wasn’t just a blackout/fainting, right?

Yes, it could have been a blackout I suppose. It’s just that it seemed like death to me.

1 Like

In any case, the most important thing with respect to what the event produced later in your life is precisely that subjective perception, how you experienced it.