Combating the wisdom of the real world

That’s why I always set alarms every 30 minutes at night. Going through life well rested would be too easy!!

What makes me giggle is the almost guaranteed fact that those who post this tripe are definitely not going through life on “hard mode”.

It reminds me of the preachers growing up. “Earning” a living by talking about made up shit they have only their mental instability to reference as “proof”.

Yeah that’s like when I’m driving to my 9-5 listening to gangster rap :joy: the life on the streetzz bro

Who wants to tell them?

2 Likes

:joy:

Little does he know he can ‘end’ ‘them’.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnKvGLOpDen/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

A clear articulation of the illusion of self if there was one! Except what he is actually demonstrating by his statements is different to what he believes is being demonstrated.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnUJMWqJaU8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This is an interesting one I wanted to write about. It all started when I spoke to @geoffrey via zoom and we got onto the topic of smoking. He mentioned that in his opinion it is clear that cigarettes do have some kind of negative effect on the body.
However that in actuality this does not matter. The reason it does not matter is because this thing of ‘keeping the body healthy’ as an axiom is only required for the soul which exists inside of the body. No soul no problem.

This planted a really nice seed in me, initially it seemed almost too obvious to have any further implications.

Eventually it started unfolding though as I started noticing something that is off when talking to my mum (who is a huge proponent of all things health related), whatever was going on in her was most certainly not sensible.

I just watched this instagram video yesterday and it finally clicked clear as day. In the video the guy starts talking about how he does not care about the weather, the emotions, the mental etc that nothing will distract him from looking after his ‘human body’. That this is the core of his ‘survival protocol’. I thought this was a really lovely way of summing up exactly the point that @geoffrey was making.
The point could also be summarised in the saying - ‘my body is a temple’, a temple for who?

So it clicked that having separated ‘myself’ from everything (physical, mental, emotional) ‘I’ become Pure Being. Unfortunately for ‘me’ though ‘I’ am still trapped in this damned body, which becomes ‘my’ vehicle. Of course ‘I’ will do anything to avoid death and so ‘I’ am driven above all to survive. Which necessitates keeping the vehicle healthy, not for any other reason but ‘my’ ability to escape death. This is the core of it, this is why all the health things eventually circle back to some spiritually-tinged belief systems, because they are sourced in the spiritual, along with notions of for example bad foods being some kind of ‘dirt’ which is staining the holiness that ‘I’ try to maintain. This is the thing I observed in my mum that was off and I can see why in actual freedom all of this silliness stops.

That is not to say that actions do not have consequences, but that ultimately it does not matter because the body does not need to remain a clean temple so that the ‘I’ can continue it’s self centred drive to escape death at all cost.

4 Likes

I gonna roll a smoke, then head to the gym at 10:45pm, probably sleep by 1am.

Temple of Doom. Unlocked.

.:joy:

1 Like

This is a fun one that I’ve always observed in myself. Why is it that I wake up ‘tired’ on a Monday and yet I wake up the same time on a Saturday feeling great before going off to training.

How much of the ‘I’m tired cos I didn’t get sleep’ blah blah is actually resentment plain and simple.

I have noticed the same thing with being sick, being in pain and the rest of it, that the overwhelming majority of the apparently physical discomfort is feelings in disguise.

And experientially nowaydays I wake up feeling less ‘tired’ than I did when I was 10 years younger haha.

3 Likes

Some portions of a thank you note from a guy (who worked for 21yrs) laid off from Microsofts recent mass layoffs :

“However, the things I’m most grateful for are the relationships I have formed over the years with the people I have worked with”

" Through the good times and the challenging times, they have stuck by me, and have truly become my extended family. Whether we worked together for a few months or many years, it’s these relationships that I’ll cherish. They have taught me important life lessons, how to look for the goodness in others, how to lead with grace, how to be a better human being. To all those, THANK YOU. You have impacted me in the most meaningful ways, and for that I’ll always be grateful"

Yet another from layoff notes…quite an understandable real world scenario :

“Companies are organizations - of people - working together for common cause. Cutbacks will happen, but human connection needs to be part of the process.”

1 Like

Which process? The working together for a common cause process, or the lay-off process? If working together, connection is already implied. But to disconnect someone from the firm while maintaining connection, that’s a tough needle to thread. I think they are saying, from hereon you need to look the individual you are killing in the eye. It makes the condemned feel a little better about the whole thing. So no more mass layoffs by email or text message.

@Shashank Are these notes from your employment? Have you been assigned the unpleasant task of executioner during this period of downsizing? That’s a difficult role to fill for most people, I imagine. I deal with independent contractors mostly so if I’m not pleased with their work, I simply stop calling them for future jobs.

Oh @rick , these are the kind of notes flooding my Linkedin profile of those who are part of the recent massive layoffs at Microsoft n Google

So I woke up this morning just now with this thought that the incessant need to prove that I am special as an identity (to stand out) is because I sold out my uniqueness to begin with. And I was looking at my life, how I have been doing all these things to prove that ‘I’ am special, all starting from this fundamental error of becoming a group member to begin with and thus being ‘lost in the sea of others’. So here I am contemplating all this and scrolling through Facebook to be faced with the most perfect example of what I am trying to comprehend :joy::joy: :

1 Like

This is what ends up happening when the root cause goes on unnoticed :joy:

1 Like

I just saw this and thought how weird that a theory can apparently be discovered? Isn’t it a fact that can be discovered and a theory is generated.

I was watching some science podcast and they mentioned that nowadays in science what we call a theory is called a hypothesis, whereas they take a theory to have some kind of universal truth/facticity to it already.

I guess the point is that the accepted theories are accepted because they can be used to practically predict things, yet it seems there is like a ‘jump’ that is done here, that at this point it apparently becomes some ‘truth’ implying it to be a fact, that can be discovered ‘out there’.

1 Like

1 Like