Combating the wisdom of the real world

Oh dear… :laughing:

2 Likes

No being happy allowed!!!

1 Like

Other people’s hate, mine is fully justified. :wink:

1 Like

Homer: He said I was an accident. He didn’t want to have me.
Marge: You didn’t want to have Bart.
Homer: I know, but you’re never supposed to tell the child!
Marge: You tell Bart all the time - you told him this morning.
Homer: But when I do it, it’s cute!

1 Like

Aaand we see why blind instictual behaviour might be silly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In all seriousness though this kind of showcases what Richard mentions about people getting trampled to death in fires etc The mass panic builds and all of a sudden it is chaos, in this case over a few cross-fitters jogging, kind of like when Poncho barks at that shadow :joy: - Kub933's Journal - #270 by Kub933

Although re-watching the video it does not look like cross-fitters unless they are doing it with dogs now :thinking:

Oh actually there’s a few guys running in vests towards the end so that’s even funnier, the initial guys ran cos they were being chased apparently :laughing:

-Chris McCandless (still from movie “Into the Wild”)

It’s actually not silly here, as it is a self-preservation act to a highly likely danger. I saw this video and in the comments of the reddit thread people provided the context: that this happened some place in Brazil (if IIRC) where hit and run robberies and shootings are commonplace, and running is the thing you are supposed to do there in such occasions, and locals know it and tend to do so. It’s more a testament of how greed and malice conditions the environment and produces fear.

1 Like

It’s interesting how much of the traditional approach always revolves around some degree of splitting, of dissociating, of belief.

Also interesting just how accurate the statement of - 180 degrees opposite - is. On the wide and wondrous path there is none of what is suggested in this picture, it is exactly the opposite direction.

Becoming your own best friend as opposed to going to war with yourself, patiently removing bits of identity and replacing those with facts as opposed to manufacturing yet another identity. All marked by sincerity as opposed to a process of separation, negation and belief.

3 Likes

That’s a doozy.

This video changed my life n relationships…will rent a projector n show to the whole village :smiley:

What one piece of advice would you give YOUR kids? I have 1 daughter and 5 sons. I’m often asked what advice I’d give to my own kids. Here’s the most important piece of advice I give them. #marriage #marriageadvice #marriagetips #marriagehelp #marriageworks #marriagegoals #marriagecounseling #marriagetip #marriagematters #divorce #relationshipadvice #relationshipproblems #relationshiptips #marriagecoach #drmatttownsend | Matt Townsend | Matt Townsend · Original audio

Can’t play the video for some reason :confused:

1 Like

Oh actually it does work if I watch on Facebook

Ha this is a good/sly one! Indirect revenge and yet it is still revenge in the end :smile:

I won’t be doing the revenge and yet I will take pleasure in seeing them fall, so malice is still there.

2 Likes

Haha spot on!

Similar to this is the “I have moved on” or “I have forgiven them” with your ex but secretely expecting that misery falls on them…I have had firsthand experience with this often :grin:

But the identity is so twisted n cunning - for some reason if they were to die, then there is a feeling of sadness :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Do we tell them?

It’s about the journey, not the destination. Ah, and the journey must be insufferable too, btw. :pray: