Combating the wisdom of the real world

Ah, the old implied immortal soul learning lessons.

Funny though isn’t it; if a soul is immortal, then it didn’t have a beginning. How can it be that there is any lessons left to learn? I would have thought eternity was more than enough time to learn an infinite number of lessons.

I hated school anyway. Why would I want life to be a lesson?

Oh oh, I actually did this exercise months ago!

I went back over all those moments with women in my life, and all I found was happy moments. There was so much turmoil at the time, yet my memory of it was happy. I guess the difference was I am no longer trying to get somewhere.

Only someone who is on a mission to get something will call people “lessons”

Oopsie, guess I forgot I am meant to be feeling frustrated and insecure for my healthy relationship :grimacing:

1 Like

3 Likes

I never knew the only reason my conversations with men were civil was because of the underlying threat of physical violence!

Learn something new every day

He’s an interesting guy, old Jordan, heh?

So full of anxiety, so sure of his proclamations.

1 Like

Weird… It seems better that they cannot be controlled in that way, right? Otherwise if crazy women could be physically combated when a discussion “moves past the boundaries of civil discourse”, hospitals and cemeteries would add more female tenants to the now more often physically combated male ones… :grimacing:

No no you don’t understand. If men could beat up women with cultural impunity , then the women would know that and the discussions would stay civil before it gets there! And everything would be great. :wink: /end real world wisdom

Also if everybody had a gun then everybody would be a lot more polite!

1 Like

My dad had no qualms about being aggressive to women. In the past he had hurt women including his ex wife and had hurt my sister when she challenged his behaviour at times. Though he did feel shame for these things he seemed incapable of not controlling his aggression once he reached that red mist level. He really seemed ok with the consequences of where his anger would take him. Its weird how people are drawn to aggressive people though, women too. I’m sure a lot of aggressive men and crazy women have been drawn to each other.

Lol, shit if there were more guns here in the UK how much more polite can we get. I still find myself saying sorry when something wasn’t my fault. I could probably get shot and I would apologise to the shooter for being in the way of their bullet.

Ah the good ol’ days.

Another Peterson living his life in public. As @son_of_bob says, just because he is inhibited hitting women, doesn’t mean others are.

Controlling crazy women? There is a clue in this sentence. Two infact.

I was just thinking this morning that there are basically 2 political factions where I live in the USA:

“Everything is the fault of ‘freaks’ (problems coming up from below), men should be in ‘charge / power is in the right place, the freaks are just acting up’”
/
“Everything is the fault of ‘those in power’ (problems coming down from above), women should be in ‘charge / the power is in the wrong place, those in power must be removed’”

Notice everything has a gender bent, but really it’s two ways of looking at power

1 Like

Authority and Love.

“Women should be in charge”

A ladies-only compartment in a suburban train in Mumbai…no man in sight, but… :laughing:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/502900034823505?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

1 Like

Link didn’t work for me!

Oops…here is the same gone viral on twitter…hope it works !

https://twitter.com/RoadsOfMumbai/status/1581696259240300546?s=20&t=bAE_nvxTiMXqraMugvHd0g

I’ve had people tell me in all seriousness that situations like these are also because of men / ‘the patriarchy’

Belief is an amazing thing

1 Like

One of the strongest wisdoms of the real world…read as a comment from someone and it had already got 40+ likes…that part in bold :man_facepalming:

“to love is to suffer. So to avoid suffering one must avoid love but not to love is to suffer from the lonliness of not loving. So to be happy one must love to suffer or suffer from loving not being loved. I hope this all makes sense”

1 Like

Well, that settles it then.

“Looking for someone who loves to suffer”

Going on my dating profile now. :rofl: