Combating the wisdom of the real world

Yeah. When one looks at how much time and effort has gone into building places of worship, humans could have cured every disease, feed everyone, built homes for everyone…etc etc.

All these sacred structures. From the pyramids, to Machu Picchu, to Stone Henge, St Paul’s Cathedral and the millions of other useless structures.

All for what?

More usually, serving the loins of whomever is top dog.

When I was a kid, I used to read up on the abuses of the Catholic church.

The amount of sexual abuse, hidden tunnels, sex trafficking, brothels disguised as nunneries,

Then there is the embezzlement. The mansions, property leveraged to enrich the hierarchy.

Oh, then the lies about contraception. Actually telling the faithful that it’s a sin to use a condom. All to keep the number of Catholics high.

Fun |Dance |Wholesome Content on Instagram: "I can’t even leave my Amazon package unattended 😂 . Via @annieineventyrland" - this one only for the instagram folk. “Imagine feeling this safe in a country”… Indeed with the human population being actually free this is exactly how safe it would be.

Is it really that crazy to conceive of a world where a baby will not be stolen for organs if I leave it unattended in the park? (Whether leaving your baby in a park is a sensible decision in general is a different convo tho :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Here we go again, at least this time it’s a bear and not a wolf :grin: Just the good old ‘suffering is good for you’. A desperate coping mechanism because we have not managed to find a way out of suffering…So instead we made a virtue out of it ?!:melting_face:

1 Like

Also in that one is “life” equals thoughtful agency , god in other words.

That life is deciding who gets fucked over the hardest today based on the strength of the soldier.

“Chin up two year old brave little soldier, today you get to be beaten, raped and will go hungry! You should be grateful that life has chosen you!”

It’s also victim blaming.

Relevant Petersons:

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a good one @Felipe, the amount of MMA/BJJ guys that keep sharing this over and over…

Jordan Peterson be fighting some internal demons.

1 Like

Chuck Norris got nothing on Jordan Peterson.

He’s like everyone’s battered ego trying to be tough.

“Yeah, I am dangerous but under control!”

Benzo Man.

Heard this latest one while talking to a friend :

" I’m at a happy place now. Just 40% of the time I’m down"

“Me n mom fight like cats n dogs”

Eventually I gave up combating the wisdom of real world with her :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been told;

“It’s impossible to be happy all the time” X 3

“You are following someone else’s happiness”

“We need to have anger and sadness! It’s not healthy to be happy too much”

"It’s your job to be the leader " X 2. Then they completely ignore anything I say.

“Wow, such a connection!” Without ever having spoken, text only. (Confirms ‘Connection’ is an imaginary projection)

“I love you” times too many to count, times multiple relationships. Proceeds to list demands in all cases.

2 Likes

“You cannot have (or enjoy) the ups without the downs of life.”

Alternatively: “How can you know you are feeling good if you don’t ever feel bad?”

1 Like

How can you ever know what it’s like not getting constantly hit with a hammer until you get constantly hit by a hammer?? :smile:

2 Likes

That is a pretty ingrained and recalcitrant intuition, I’ll tell you.

I remember discussing with a friend (drunk on a plane mid-flight, funnily), who was adamant on preferring a conflictive relationship rather than a 100% happy and harmonious one. That sweet, sweet feeling of release and reconciliation (mostly with reconciliation sex for men).

At some point the conversation devolved to another example:
Me: “For instance, do you find pooping pleasurable, to be a pleasure in life?”
Him: “Yeah”
Me: “That’s because you need the release in the first place, but what if you didn’t have to release anything at all?”
Him: “Doesn’t matter.”
Me: “Well, I’d rather not having to poop at all (if I got to choose) than craving for the release/relief aspect of it.”

So surely super fun times for the rest of the passengers, lol.

2 Likes

Funnily enough I am reading your post doing just that! :joy:

This friend who mentioned that she’s at a happy place threw in another gem of the wisdom of the real world after she had an incident…this is amongst the top ones for me :

The trash collector guy had parked his truck right outside her gate and soon enough she got into quite an angry fit with lots of heated verbal exchanges with the trash collector fellow. She says it was his fault(which is technically correct) and her righteous anger was justified.

I didn’t tell her much but she knows of my actualist stance and has a passing interest in Actualism, so I refrain from talking much unless she explicitly seeks some perspective

This “justified righteous anger” is one hard one to see and even as an actualist for many years I was continuing it…even now once in a while it raises its ugly head but in a far milder way and its quickly recognised and nipped in the bud…All I got to remember is what Richard said - Too many people have been killed because of what is considered as ‘right’

1 Like

It’s also such a silly way to resolve an issue… great, now you’re mad at someone, does it do anything to help?

People often will make the argument that that’s the only way things would ever change, is with anger.

2 Likes

Damn nothing like a good dose of doom and gloom on a Tuesday morning, things like this are like a snapshot of ‘reality’ where so many people are trapped with no way out apparently. It’s great to see that I am no longer firmly ‘there’ just more like one foot in actuality and one foot in that grim reality.