Bubs b2wf journal

Also I was usually not able to, or willing to, explain clearly what I was being emotional about. Telling the whole story of my ‘upset’ would take away the mystery that secured my power, and often the man would put down my emotional reaction as inappropriate and irrational, thus adding fuel to the fire. So I wouldn’t talk about the actual issue and consequently didn’t bother to find out for myself what exactly were my emotions and what were the reasons that triggered them. I can now understand and acknowledge how I had used my psychic and emotional power in all my relationships to win the ‘battle’, if only temporarily, and to take revenge for hurts, disappointments and frustrations.

Since I had already agreed to discard battling as the solution, it was obvious that I had to give up the fight first. If I want peace I can’t wait for the other to start to lay down his arms. This does not work. I have to give up battling because the battle itself is the problem. The solution is not to try and change somebody else, but to look into the very cause of my own unhappiness. Once this condition was understood and agreed upon, we could both cease battling, sit down and talk about any situation that caused disagreement.

Now I would not only ask myself, ‘how do I feel?’ but also question the very necessity of having this feeling. Understanding that emotion itself was a major component of my (female) identity, and of my ‘self’, allowed me to explore what lies behind any upcoming emotion – what thought, what belief, what investment, what instinct. By examining the validity of the underlying cause I was then able to eliminate the subsequent emotions, one by one, including the greatest and holiest of them all: Love itself.

Now I just find the most sensible way of being happy and harmless which, of course, includes considering everyone who is part of the particular situation. For me, this also involves cleaning myself up so I can be free of misery and malice – not contributing to the chaos people usually create for each other. Everybody seems to live everybody else’s life, perpetuating the cycle of misery by consolation, sympathy, empathy and compassion – thus helping people to stay helpless. I can supply practical help if someone asks me to, but I am not responsible for anybody else’s happiness and neither is anybody else responsible for my happiness. It makes life much less complicated if I stop trying to find the solution for ‘S.E.P.’, ‘Someone Else’s Problem’ and focus my intent and effort on becoming happy and harmless.

I remember my last disagreement with Peter nine months ago. I had just come back from overseas and, although I still had rented a house to live in, I decided to live with him. I had shifted my belongings into his flat, but one evening I got the wind up! Scared of the new adventure ahead of me I felt the ‘poor victim’ of being trapped in a place where I suddenly didn’t want to be. What I wanted was the solace of Peter’s love, which should bridge the expected difficult times, and his reassurance that everything would be all right. I used all my old manipulation skills to convince Peter to see the situation my way and offer me comfort and sympathy.

But he simply responded, ‘Look, I know you are an independent woman and perfectly capable of looking after yourself. If you don’t want to be here this evening, you could go. The car is downstairs, you still pay rent for the other place – you are free to go there any time!’ This simple stating of the facts switched on my intelligence again. Well, this was obviously the case. It meant I had a choice in the situation; I was responsible for myself, instead of being a victim of the circumstances. I could change the situation without his help. Out of this clarity I realised that I chose to be with him because I wanted to be! It brought me straight back into the actual situation, and all need for comfort, compromise, manipulating and changing the other simply disappeared into thin air.

And what a relief it was, that I had no power over Peter, no way to make him do what I wanted! I could not bend him in any direction because he wasn’t afraid to be on his own. Thus, my tools in the power battle had failed and could finally be thrown out of the window. Also, I discovered that I wasn’t afraid to be on my own either. So in our relationship we do not need to win the battle of ‘dependency’, we can focus on each of us being here – where we can meet freely and enjoy each other’s company whenever we want to.

My traditional response to the feeling of being trapped had been that the man should give me his love and reassurance. But the way to the intimacy that I had already experienced and wanted to have with Peter all the time, was that I had to question, examine and eliminate the notorious bunch of feelings called love. Peter’s description of our adventure into freedom and intimacy is certainly not just a male point of view. Did he love me enough or not, or did I love him enough or not, was not the question – I discovered that love was not the solution but the problem itself!

The answer again lay 180 degrees in the opposite direction to what I had come to know up to now. I had expected or assumed someone was to love my ‘grotty self’, when even I could not stand those parts of me! A person who ‘loves me’ is supposed to accept all those ‘quirks of my personality’, which no intelligent human being would be able to put up with without blind nature’s intoxication known as ‘being in love’. And for years I had tried the same with the men I had ‘loved’, without success or happiness, let alone lasting intimacy. Intimacy can only happen when there is no emotion, no feeling or projection in the way between us. So, one of the first things that we discovered to be in the way of actual intimacy were the feelings of love – that sweet syrup that was usually poured over the spiky, malicious, miserable ‘self’, which I was most of the time!

I decided there and then to face the challenge, to abandon the love-dream and go for the actual experience – meeting another human being as intimately as possible instead of looking up to him and waiting for him to be the ‘hero of my dreams’.

That very evening the situation changed. My pining stopped. The fog in the head cleared. My expectations disappeared. I could again stand on my own feet and equally enjoy the time when I was by myself. I had recovered my autonomy – my autonomy in the sense that I am the only one in my life who is responsible for my happiness.

Detecting and debunking the romantic dream placed the first big dent into the wobbling monster of love. Now it was much easier to look at what it was in my ‘self’ that cried out for this love. It has been quite scary at times, to rid myself of the very identity I had as a woman. What would be left of me when I didn’t feel love? How could I relate both to Peter and other people, if not with emotion or intuition? What would I have to offer in friendships or conversations, if not sympathy and consolation? My whole edifice of ‘who’ I was, who I believed myself to be, began to crumble in a heap as I questioned and demolished the attributes of love and emotion. Now naked of all those characteristics and beliefs as well as their resultant emotions and behaviour, which have kept man and woman apart for millennia, I am experiencing for the first time in my life actual intimacy with a man. Now there are no dreams, no expectations, no emotions or any other restrictions that could cloud the thrill of meeting another human being. Now instead of random moments of ‘sweet love’ I am able to give Peter my full attention and clean attentiveness each time we communicate, and so does he.

Even after dismissing love as a concept or an option of relating, I still had to be watchful of my ‘love-attacks’, as I called them. They would come through the backdoor, seduce me with a rose-colored mood and appear so nice and cosy – such a temptation to surrender back into loving Peter instead of meeting him directly. However, I had understood and experienced often enough that any feeling for the other, howsoever sweet and soothing, would only make him a projected imaginary figure on my own screen of emotions, which can so easily change at the slightest whim. It had nothing to do with the actual person or situation.

Examining it closer I discovered that this need for an anchor derives from the female instinct for protection. Only when I feel ‘connected’ to a person can I keep up the illusion that I can rely on this person for ‘bad times’. However, whenever I managed not to fall into the trap of love – what a delight then to discover the actual person, thrilling, alive, meeting for the first time and not knowing what either of us is going to say or do next!

There is no separation caused by us being in different camps, where the man never understands the woman and vice versa. When Peter talks about an issue, an experience or how he perceives a situation I know exactly what he is talking about, and so does he when I tell my story.

The actual permanent intimacy we enjoy now is vastly superior to any temporary good feelings of love, which we both had experienced before.

When I tried to tell Peter about my experiences and insights his simple response gave me quite a shock. ‘But all this is just inside your mind, it is simply your own interpretation, it may appear to be real, but it is not actual.’ Yes, that was true. I could easily see that I was inside the ‘mind’, roaming about in the different chambers of my assembled beliefs-systems, trying to find the one that was ‘right’ and ‘true’ – while in fact, I was just having a little grander and unusually complex perception of this huge labyrinth of thoughts and feelings! I could see more of my ideas or concepts and other people’s ideas, but they were simply ideas. None of them had any relevance to the actuality of the physical world!

I heard myself saying to Richard that ‘We’ve got all the time in the world’ and when I contemplated on the sentence that had just slipped out, time suddenly stood still.

I stopped in mid-sentence and the ensuing silence caught the attention of my two companions.

It was all over, in an instant!

There was no fear, no experience of death, no physical phenomena or changes, just the realization that I have always been here in this eternal moment in time, in this luminous magical world, more naked than I was born and utterly safe.

The stillness in my head was palpable (and has remained so ever since). Richard asked me a few test-questions to confirm what just had happened. We exchanged a few notes of how it is to live in this actual world and we found that our experiences matched.

I was wondering about what got in the way of my happiness and I realised it’s my constant annoyance.

And if this is the way I spend most of my time in the now, where’s the space for joy and happiness.

The answer soon arose and said that I should just stop engaging with annoying trains of thought.

Also keeping convo simple, minimal or absent with toxic people. Shutting people out of my life was also incredibly freeing in terms of negative energy lost.

And that’s suddenly gotten me back to feeling good again.

It’s astounding how the joy rushes back in when the annoyance is not encouraged. It was as easy as thinking of something else. (An old distraction technique I called the keychain technique with distressed ex girlfriends).

Maybe it’s ingrained and inculcated with the woke culture nonsense, and in some ways we’re all bad enough in our own ways.

I had a super challenging, but rewarding week at work. Great interactions with colleagues and clients.

On a high now the weekend is here.

Hah! I’ll probably spend it on the laptop.

Suddenly my life opens up with appreciation for the magic I’ve been dropped into.

I work in a respected job. Paid outrageously. I’m living with a housemate (first time in years) in one of the best cities in the world (world’s most beautiful cage I call it). Fantastic relationships with fantastic colleagues. I provide fantastic value everywhere I work (even if I say so meself) and they hate to see me go. It’s the UK - laziness is endemic. So an actual solid worker who pays attention to salient details and also keeps people in mind is rare. Or so that’s the story I tell myself to feel I deserve the amount I earn.

BUT I lose this job in a week (permanent coming in (vs my freelance work), and next job I have no idea where. I can pick and choose from a range in the best places. Might have to cross the river, so they’ll get me acco there and I can chill out five days a week because I can’t be arsed traveling a measly hour or so each way to work. Even if its a joy riding to work on my fancy schmancy cruiser motorcycle and big city traffic is a breeze on it.

I have a balls to the walls fantastic flatmate. American guy. Was earning $100k a year. Doing a PhD in war studies. Played pro football (can’t call it soccer) for a championship side. Fell 70 metres free solo climbing (told him he deserves it). Still relatively normally mobile but he still has to have operations. We have a system at home that just works.

He’s one of the absolute nicest people I’ve ever met. And will go out of his way to make it happen to make me happy. I told him (quite firmly ‘Dude, we got to sort this out’ when it was happening repeatedly) that I was being woken up when he used the loo (I have the en suite). My wall would shake no matter how he shuts his door. So now he sleeps with his door open.

I’m the same. I would go out of my way to do anything for him.

The first person in my life I know I can absolutely rely on. We haven’t had a single argument since we me almost 6 months ago because we have a zero tolerance policy on giving each other shit.

We’ve kept track, one of is at 1.5 and the other at 2.5 in all this time (actually once each where each of us just snapped at the other).

Super nice guy, yes. But also sickest player I know. A new one every few days. He had a dry spell for three months and I told him he was doing it on purpose (he’d forgotten condoms in his room when his latest one had arrived). Bam! He’s back on track and chugging them back.

He’s just broken up after a three year relationship with a ball breaker, so fair play to him.

But he’s now lost his job. Working US job and UK student visa made his new HR veep anxious.

I told him I got his back and would match his salary. He said he’d be happy with 60% less.

But I don’t need him in my business just yet, because I want to go slow with the first baby. He’s the guy who can get me 6-7. But has no experience with this field (which is mine). I’ve told him to be humble and not a ‘stupid american’ And not act like he knows everything about everything. He soon will. But not just yet. .

I came up with a rule that we can say anything to each other, the only test it should pass is that we should both be laughing. I called him a lying, cheating slut and he said I was mean to him and I say sure I’m mean BUT we’re both laughing and he laughs and says it’s still mean.

I’ve already paid for 6 months of rent and said he can pay me back anytime. And he’s been upto date the 6 months we’ve lived together.

He’s tried to explain numbers to me. But I’ve held my hand up saying fuck it. I’m not intersted.

I once asked him a couple of test questions, and his answers were super assuring that every single penny was coming back.

He pays for the weekly maid, and I pay all the utlities.

Leave work and I have this guy to look forward to spending time with. Told him what a difference it was from having a girlfriend who I would dread coming home to.

He was talking about plan A, plan B and all that after his job loss.

I said fuck that, Plan A is to make me rich, plan B is to make him rich. He’s capable enough to get us both there. In spades. But needs a bit of direction and belief. So absolute fucken magic building up there.

Business is wildly expensive. four staff for $20k, manager for $50k. Plus additionally didn’t think i’d have to pay his $40k salary. But all peacefully doable. Clever intercompany tax free loan plans. I’ve earned all the money, but have to account for it fastidously. Then I can pull major shit off. The Ltd Co is the get out clause. Have to keep my nose clena and play the game.

I have a business mentor who’s coached multiple people through this path. A manager who says he will get all the staff. The business is in a sweet spot that I know is lucrative and has a supply and demand issue. I know. Because in my day job, I’m desperate for that service. All on track. Viewing the office site tomorrow and have already decided to rent it. It’s that good.

I’ve got the absolute best human beings to have as friends (as another common friend referred to all of us).

First draft of book complete. And will soon sign up with a not inexpensive branding consultant and do ALL she says.

Entertainment from steam deck gaming, and super city living.

I’m a foodie, so have the best cooking gadgets giving me the most delish food.

Often order from super delish meal prep companies.

My juice fixation comes with the thermomix that can make some mean squashes.

System for my clothes out (when I’m about to run out of undies and socks is my signal) and go the the laundry.

I dress like the shyt, only because i have a phenomenal stylist.

I saw a pic of Srinath with his daughter, and i thought if that was me my heart would just burst. But family isn’t for me. I’d just walk. Freedom is too important.

So single for life. And this is new for a die hard romantic like me. And I scratch that itch with a couple of long distance relationships (they know about the other (and I dont care who they see) that I can always pick up and call. Even if I can’t sleep with them, whatsapp video call sex fills a bit of the urge. A strange block to having sex in the UK though.

That’s just a slice of my present moment. I could go on and on. The future appears even more magical and I’m moving like the taurean bull that I am relentless towards it. But future is a fantasy.

But THIS is the absolutely magical slice of oneness I’ve been dropped into.

THIS is the everpresent THIS that is HAPPENING.

Jesus, how lucky can I be.

I know how lucky. Pretty much every single moment of the last few years has felt like this. Filled with absolute magic.

And to spend almost all my time annoyed, looking for drama - it takes two people to make drama. Of course, I can make it happen in my own head too. But jaysus, how much time spent on energy draining annoyances. Sure, they’re addictive. But like junk food. Make you feel good now, and crap later.

I’ve been reading Vineeto’s and other AF stuff and it’s a magical read. I made a list of notes and penned it as my last message. Will write about my reflections on that soon.

Could go on and on. BUT lots and lots of magic happening. And jeeesus, even more to come.

Absolutely. Exquisite.

Nice, I like your zest for life

1 Like

Yeah, I think reading Vineeto’s story really opened things up for me.

I was wondering what would come up, or what I would replace annoyance (and battling) with.

And I realise, thankfully, my default baseline is a zest for life. That’s why this journal is called b2wf balls to the wall fantastic.

But c’mon, one shot at this amazing world we have in front of us, and how can anyone not be absolutely awestruck by how spectacularly beautiful it is.

I realise one common factor among the effective (and innefective) methods is this emphasis on feeling good.

Tranquil Wisdom Insight meditation (TWIM) has a major focus on feeling that metta. Their big shtick is that the Budda mentions mindfulness breathing in his original works a handful of times, but says the metta bhavana word around 140 times (or so I remember).

Metta could have similar outcomes, but is a richer word than harmless.

Metta includes that warm hearted benevolence towards others.

By stopping engaging in thought trains of annoyance, I realise that there’s space for only one overlying emotion, and that’s probably related to thought, and that’s related to what I focus on.

It’s an enlightening journey to see what a large percentage of my thought content is negative. Some judgement and resistance about the world around me.

And there’s either space for that junk food kinda thinking, or appreciating the physical world around me.

I wrote about how exquisite my life felt at this point in time, but that’s all just a fantasy.

The the practical real world that’s a tiny bit more real.

The greenery comes alive, the sky and the sun through the clouds, feelings as I interact with people, and time just slows down. Or I seem to have developed a lot more patience. Waiting always used to make me uncomfortable. But now its just the now moving inexorably onward.

Panta rei.

So once I change my focus when I have draining thoughts, or avoid dealing with draining people, that empty space rapidly gets filled up with a higher percentage of ‘positive’ thoughts.

Though best still is not to get lost in thoughts and feelings, but come back to the real physical world. But hey, where’s the fun in that?!

In other news, I’m telling my housemate that it’s too expensive to pay him, but happy to take care of rent, food and some expenses. And he says that’s more than enough. He’s happy that no matter what I got his back. That there’ll be a roof over his head, and food in his tummy.

In return, we’re working out a system where he helps me sort out the shit I have to sort out. It’s simple stuff like chase a parking ticket fine (that I had paid the parking fee for), a couple of small claims court applications (I don’t like getting fucked over, but have rarely had a habit of standing up for myself).

I’d really like to clear up the RAM in my headspace, and see what (hopefully good stuff) comes in.

Everything else in my life is on autopilot. But my journals keep wanting me to build a daily routine, or and that’s made me (or at least one thought that decides its me) decide let’s give this body-mind organism what he’s begging for through all those journals. It’s not too much. 20 minutes of meditation a day, 10-20 minutes of exercise, and 25 minutes of admin a couple of times a week.

I’d like to add in us learning IT so courses like web development (udemy has a great Angela Yu full stack web dev course), and Charles Severance’s free Python4Everybody course - alternating both an hour a da y in the evenings, with maybe weekends, or sunday’s off.

I’d really like to cash in on the AI wave. The world as we know it is soon going to end. The technological singularity is here. Some might say it’s already happened. But now change is going to be unpredictable over a period of months, weeks, days and maybe hours. Once we get AI that’s more intelligent than any human who’s ever lived. Looks like ChatGPT5 or 6 latest. Then AGI (general) after that, and then ASI (super) intelligence after that. Who can predict what the heck the next few years are going to be like, forget decades down the line.

What keeps me from happiness?

My focus on useless, draining trains of thought like
annoyance (resulting in irritability),
justification (some random thing I do that I justify in my head to imagined criticism),

I’ve stopped engaging in above thought patterns.

So what’s now coming up is this ‘solve problems, solve problems, solve problems’ repeated refrain.

I feel I HAVE to solve problems, because it’s impossible to feel happy for any sustained length of time if I dont address issues that are likely to blow up.

Then I’ve ALWAYS had background problems my whole life and been happy - but have I really been happy? The answers actually yes.

I still had the problems last week and felt amazing.

So yeah, fuck the problem solving, if it happens, it happens. If it doesnt, it doesnt.

Maybe add problem solving as another thought pattern that shouldn’t be encouraged.

BUT voice comes up saying, nope bro, these issues HAVE to be addressed.

I have to sack my manager, because he’s unreliable.
I have to link up with my new business accountant and make a solid way to get paid, because now I’m just transferring money to my personal account from my limited co bank account and saying it’s salary or dividends, when this is just a loan and I’ll have to pay everything back unless I pay myself by the book.
I have to link up with my website lady to upload videos and spruce it up.
I have to chase my old job to allow me to login because there’s 8-10 court reports so around £10k that I have to invoice and get paid.
A parking ticket fine that I paid the parking fee for. OR I get adverse credit and a County court judgement.
Another fine I need to pay. I rented a watch, and updated my card details, but they screwed up. I have to pay the fine (the debt company bought the money I’m supposed to owe) and then chase the original company for fucking things up. So yeah, if I dont pay the debt company, then another CCJ is likely.
And other similar jobs that are taking up open loops and eating up my headspace/RAM.

These are all high priority high consequence (positive and negative).

Solving problems makes me feel great.
My feeling great then is conditional on solving problems.
My happiness is then conditional.
How can I be happy without solving those issues - sure they are all just stories in my head and not real but really they are real with ‘real’ life consequences.

And the answer that comes up is a counterintuitive, fuck happiness, I have a baseline of feeling amazing no matter what the fuck happens.

Over and over again, the answer comes that all I need is 1-2 hours a week to address ALL my high priority high consequence issues.

Its IMPOSSIBLE to be happy if I have all these issues I’m avoiding, that have to be addressed (sure baseline happiness is there, but feels like a false economy).

Its like Nero playing the fiddle whilst Rome burnt.

Fuck happiness, bub, I’ll always have a baseline of feeling pretty darn good. But to feel balls to the wall fantastic all the time, I’ll have to slot in 1-2 hours a week to address shyt.

So let’s see what comes up.

Hypothesis:
Real balls to the wall fantastic happiness isn’t possible with avoidance causing multiple open loops eating up headspace and RAM.
Open loop closing (at least the most important ones) will result in RAM and headspace opening up.

Points to consider:
Will I keep creating open loops, and problems will keep cropping up to be addressed or will these be permanently addressed with a 1-2 hours a week commitment.
Will I be B2WF happy if I do solve these or will I keep adding things to be addressed. Then stick with the hard limit of 1-2 hours a week to address them.

Should I be happy no matter what the fuck is happening in my life i.e. unconditionally OR do I have to address issues. Can be happy no matter what is happening, yes, BUT not quite b2wf.

Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

I still feel it’s impossible to be truly happy without the chopping wood and carrying water.

If I was on a boat in the middle of nowhere, I would still have to empty out the water in the loo, bring in new water to put into the toilet, a system for having a shower, getting soap, food has to be bought and cooked, light bulbs to be replaced, electricity bills to be paid, or solar panels installed.

There’s a whole host of issues that need to be addressed to keep the body-mind lifestyle going.

There simply is no avoiding that.

The problem is my constant focus on getting jobs done, when maybe just set the 1-2 hours per week time, and slot it into the schedule. Never done that, despite wanting to. But lets try.

So set the 1-2 hour time slot, and forget about getting things done outside those times. And hopefully watch the feeling happy transition into feeling b2wf.

All I know is I don’t know what will happen, and what is likely to happen is going to be a complete surprise and not foreseen here, BUT will be a good lesson learnt to take forward into the future.

Once I decided on a plan to address stuff, my headspace just opened up. Sure, it’s still waiting to get that bit of relief by actually carrying it out.

Current plan:
5 minutes of writing or updating issues that have to be addressed.
20 minutes of meditation in the evening.
10 minutes of exercise in the AM before I get ready for work.
One high priority task a day (they call it the MIT - most… )

That’s a bare minimum schedule I think I should be able to manage. When he get’s back we’ll add in an hour in the evenings to get high level learning done like a full stack web dev course and alternate that with a python course the next evening and do this 6 days a week.

The meditation is for the specific effects of pumping my mood up, increasing intuition and insight quality, much much less useless mind chatter, not sweating on the trivial shyt, improving focus, improved tranquility, improved energy levels, improved communication and rapport and a non screen windown from the day before sleep.

The exercise is for pretty much similar outcomes. Big problems appear small (this used to be my biggest motivation to exercise - being unaffected),

Tranquility, being on top of the world with high level motivation feels like it would be a heady combo.

Harmlesness is dead easy.

Happiness is easy to. But Joy - that’s a whole different beast.

Happiness one can just latch onto no matter what is happening. All once has to do is remember one is unhappy and reset.

But Joy - joy you have to Work for.

Here’s looking to maximise that.

Maybe throw in a ton of play in - do a fair bit already - but just finding things I most enjoy doing and do more of them.

I understand I’m doing this all the wrong way - I’m trying to control circumstances, there is no free will, how can there be self control without a self, my happiness is conditional, theres too much egoic contraction etc etc etc.

But the lesson isn’t in getting this done, but what lessons crop up on the other side.

Sure, maybe the end goal is lost in apperception in the now - right now, I can’t manage more than a few seconds at a time. But that’s AF - for me, I’m far better with my end of seeking goal. Just watch the world unfold. However it may.

Currently the plan appears to be moving to set a baseline of tranquility. That’s more important than happiness.

Set the foundation or environment for the good stuff to come in.

Clear RAM. Regular exercise and meditation with all their effects.

AND after that my personal holy grail - creativity. Whether it’s writing, developing products, apps, video courses, anything. One at a time, of course. But that’s the goal - to move towards a life where my Now is spent creating.

But for now, today’s high priority task is to sack my manager. sigh.

I’ve had an absolutely magical day. Sunday at home, and I got my MIT done by sacking my manager. It was a peaceful conversation, and I was honest about my very reasonable 3-4 reasons for sacking him and we wished each other well.

I only want to play the ‘me’ game as little as possible. Because it’s a dangerous beast to play with. I’m hoping that giving this body-mind organism the absolute barest minimum that it keeps clamouring for i.e. a bare minimum daily routine with a high return on investment, then let’s give it to him.

I did my ten minutes of exercise today, and feel great after. My MIT was sack manager. Just completed my evening meditation (first time using brain.fm for meditation and I think I went far deeper than I ever remember). Looking forward to my last week in this job. With no idea where I’ll be next Monday. The uncertainty is something I can live with and I find exhilarating.

Binge watched Fool Me Once and it just drew me in and it’s my ideal series where I don’t know what’s happening, and there are twists and turns ending with a satisfying twist in the tale.

I’ve told myself not to watch series, and just films but Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad are special parts of ‘my’ life.

I can’t focus on sensate apperception for any extended length of time. I swiftly lose interest. But lost in a movie, or book, or with friends or family or in exhilariting experiences.

I realise appreciating my life and where it’s going to take me is great but that’s fantasy.

Whats around ‘me’ is ‘real’. And it deserves to be fully engaged with. Not as a chore, but as a source of joy.

I know the score. There is no bub. There are thoughts that come up from awareness where they will go back into. One thought says forget about solving problems, the key is remaining worry or fear free in the present moment. Another thought appears to say there is only the Now, spend it losing sense of space, time and that sense of ‘me’. Another that thinks lets give this body mind organism what it wants. Another saying baseline of tranquility. Another clamouring for creativity. Another saying play the ‘me’ game as little as possible and get lost in the actuality of whats in front of me and around me. Another saying just one post in here a day. All of them thinking they belong to ‘me’. But ain’t no me, and never was.

The body will type. But there’s no typist. And there is just THIS oneness unfolding inexorably in the flow of life.

A stream of thoughts just passing through. A stream of feelings to go along with them.

So thats the score. Or rather my view of the ‘reality’ around me.

I’m just fooling myself into thinking let’s act as if there is a me, as if we have free will to automate this last little bit. I might or probably will end up with egg on my face, but it’s the lessons after that will carry me forward.

My goal is to just have that baseline of tranquility and use the present moment to be lost in experiences. That I most enjoy. And in that time, lose sense of an ‘I’, and space and time. And do this as much as possible.

Spend as little time lost in thought or inside my head. And as much time as I can in peace and joy.

The ‘real’ world is outside. And deserves most engaging with.

I signed up for a Hygge pursuit of happiness diploma course, and started watching in and it’s like synchronicity that I felt drawn to it now.

An earthy cosiness and comfort spent with friends, no tech, enjoying food and drink. Can use it for my CPD.

Netflix. Learning. Social connection. Creativity. Exercise. Meditation. Sleep. Enjoying work. This is where I’d like to spend my Now. I can’t be stay focused on apperception for more than a few seconds, feels too much like work to me. Might change in the future.

I want my body to engage with the world around me to create joy. Marie Kondo’s spark joy cleanup or Danish Hygge.

Basically create the environment where the good stuff can come rushing in. All I have to do is feel good. Or as Abraham Hicks calls, be in the Vortex.

I’d also like to engage more with this body-mind organism. Especially the body and will sign up for regular somatosensory therapy.

I’d like to think there’s a bare minimum enlightenment which is the felt realisation that there is no me, and that there is only the now. Successful bare minimum enlightenment (for me) is spending as much time as possible being present in the present. In that non contracted space.

Final enlightenment (for me) is the end of seeking where if there is seeking, it’s from a place of exploration and wonder rather than lack or fixing, where everything feels on autopilot and in flow, sitting back and watching the world unfold. Not resisting anything or anyone, and accepting everyone as they are. Drawn into a delightful real time appreciation of the world.

This morning, I was neuroticising about sorting out problems, when all that voice needed was a plan.

I used to avoid doing shyt at work, and this used to give me spectacular amounts of stress, but now that I have systems in place for work, work stress is pretty much zero with my jobs getting completed everyday and backlog zero.

Need to do the same at home and with personal stuff, complete the stuff that if I don’t do will land me in the shit. And to have a bare minimum system to get there.

The issue isn’t problems in the background, or avoiding them, the issue is worry in the present moment detracting from my feeling good.

I realised that I had to do was the bare minimum exercise, meditation, tick one thing off high ROI routine the body-mind organism has always seemed like it was clamoring for.

That’s about as much of the ‘me’ game as I’d like to play.

And when out and about, go a step above harmlessness, and give benevolence a shot.

But yeah a fantastic day where I lost in food, drink, cooking, netflix, learning, chatting with friends, with very brief periods of the ‘I’ or space/time thoughts creeping in. Just an all round joyous day.

I’ve been feeling pretty good all the time.

Apart from when I’m traveling. This is when my mind runs free with useless thoughts and feelings.

I try to be apperceptive, but never managed that for any length of time.

But day was good, and I was being benevolent, and kind hearted.

And I noticed the number of times I felt like responding. To angry emails etc.

And I thought let me respond to them peacefully.

A couple of times I was annoyed recounting incidents to a couple of colleagues. But had told them of my new commitment to not encourage annoying trains of thought. And changed the topic soon enough.

This evening however, I snapped at somone. It was a police officer who rang me from a no caller ID, I saw it and didn’t pick it up. And the guy actually rang again.

He had previously rung me on Saturday morning on my weekend off asking me to fill a form (which I had wanted to speak to him before I filled it and he took several days to respond).

Sent me an email about it this morning.

And now rings me outside work hours at 8pm, twice from no caller ID - two calls means emergency. BUT that’s also a known trigger for me. Two calls in a row over trivial shit. I’ve previously snapped at people for this. Or at the very least, made sure to tell them the next day.

It’s exception reporting circumstances in the UK if we’re called out of hours, or even have to stay back after work.

He started talking and I stopped him and said this is unacceptable ringing at these hours. And he asked what hours would you like me to ring? I said you emailed me this morning, give me some time, I have a busy job and… I said let’s stop here. He looked like he wanted to ramble on about something else.

I said I dont want to talk right now and we ended the conversation.

There’s multiple prior triggers that intersected.
No Caller ID calls.
Two calls in a row makes me think emergency. It being about a trivial issues is a trigger.
Being repeatedly asked to do something in double quick time. I am top of my paperwork and take 24-48 hours at most to do jobs that most others in my job ask for weeks for.
Being repeatedly asked to do something trivial and meaningless like this form.
And a lack of insight about any of this. Lack of insight into messing up is a trigger (probably a mirror too).

I want to write tomorrow to his line manager because they shouldn’t put another fellow professional through this.

Add that it spoilt half an hour of my evening (longer because I’m writing about it as it’s an ‘event’ where I crossed the harmful line and I thought this would be a relatively easy line to stay on the right side of).

Sure, I didn’t do it out of spite or malice, and it was an immediate reaction. And appropriate looking back.

But it was unkindness to a fellow human being.

What’s anger? It’s not only someone crossed a boundary, but that we want to hurt them for it. The second part is the ugly bit.

And that will be the purpose of the letter to his line manager. But it’s just more drama. And it happened. Its’ in the past. I just have to sit with the feelings till they dissipate. I ignore them, they come back to bite me in the butt.

So yeah, that’s me. Great day with just this one hiccup. It’s already in the past.

And I shouldn’t let it affect my present moment. BUT have to sit with the feeling for a while longer. Might as well enjoy being annoyed for a while then. Hah, wanted to write in the letter that it spoilt half an hour of me evening, and likely half an hour of his evening too. But these clueless guys often lack a conscience.

Ahh, annoyance and anger. Those compelling addictive drugs that give a quick high and linger with ugliness.

Sit with staying annoyed for 30 minutes, and life will go on (anyway). :slight_smile:

My wobble post the incident with the police officer lasted about an hour and was then back to happy and harmelss in the present moment.

I wroete to him yesterday. Saying this - should have used chatGPT who compiled a fantastic professional letter.

Please accept my apologies for my irritability yesterday.

I was wondering if calls to professionals could be kept to within working hours (I received a call from you on Saturday morning, and again last night (two calls from no Caller ID which makes me assume emergency).

Please also reconsider repeated reminders as I was rung on Saturday AM, email reminder yesterday and another out of hours call last night.

My daily exercise and meditation is on track, and so are my daily tasks and this is reducing background stress to almost zero, and my reaction to everything that occurs is usually good, sometimes dark, humour.

Here’s the evolution of my thinking-
HAIATMOBA.
Present moment filled too much with annoyance - dont engage with annoying streams of thought.
Background stress from personal jobs not being addressed - barebones system of one task a day.
Happiness is easy - let’s pump the mood up to joy - barebones daily routine of exercise and meditation.
Harmlessness is easy (takes me from -10 to zero) - let’s step it up (from zero to +10) to a genuine benevolence or good heartedness.
One off incident of irritability - address all wobbles in the day with EFT/EMDR to get charge down to zero.

Present moment awareness continues. Moment to moment joy continues. Peace building up rapidly in background with MIT, exercise and meditation.

Feeling pretty good pretty much all through my present moment.

ONLY time I’m not feeling super good, is riding into work, when I’m lost in thought and not engrossed in something.

Thought I’d put up a maximum of one post up here a day. Wrote this first part a couple of days ago and didn’t update it.

There’s one issue that keeps repeatedly cropping up and it’s related to my (previous) constant annoyance.

I sometimes forget to stop encouraging the annoyance trains of thought.

Annoyance related to people not respecting very reasonable boundaries, showing no insight or unable or unwilling to grasp this when it’s brought up with them.

For example.
Posting on here with a very reasonable request about let me follow my own journey, and multiple people saying NO, you have to do it THIS way or the highway i.e. leave the forum.

A police officer with multiple emails and phone calls, treating a routine form like an emergency when they themselves (per usual with my police dealings through work) had postponed chasing it for yonks.

My accommodation sourcing agent not respecting boundaries - multiple messages in the evening, ringing me at work, pushing me to ring her, pushing me to view properties I’m clearly not interested in and refusing to take no for an answer. I saw a shitty property and dont want to waste my time like that again, and she said she wanted to show me another property (she didn’t turn up as her train was late - not her fault). And I said I need to sign up and know about viewing a property and not just be taken for granted.

This seems like I’m sweating small stuff but it’s not being listened to for a very reasonable request. Like with acco agent, it’s clarity - please accept my no on properties I dont want to view, and show me properties I’ve signed up for viewing.

This doesn’t seem to be a projection/mirror because I go out of my way to listen to people and address their requests.

I wrote the above post a few days ago, and am writing this one today.

Started a new job, that’s an absolute dream.

The commute to work is an hour from home, but I’m such a lazy entitled spoilt bastich that I’ve got accommodation a few minutes from work.

I’ve realised over the years that the only stress in my life comes from the pressure I put on myself to do even more than I’m doing AND any source of conflict in my life that’s not well handled i.e. without me losing my rag and maintaining good humour and rapport.

I’ve decided that there’s a zero tolerance policy to conflict at work i.e. others can give me shit, but I absolutely cannot give anyone else shit. There’s only two things expected from me at work i.e. be safe and dont fight with anyone and I’ve decided NOT to do the latter bit at all.

That leaves only one source of stress - putting pressure on myself to do even more than I’m doing.

Now I can let myself off the hook and say I’m doing a phenomenal amount of work with my life, but I can’t fool myself - I do avoid addressing a few high priority issues in my life.

I was feeling great with the daily exercise, but stepped off the gas with the new job, and new place.

So yeah, instead of focusing on exercise, or patting myself on the back thinking I’m doing enough - I’ve started doing what I’ve been avoiding.

An hour a day in the morning on high priority work (which is work if isn’t done, lands me in a bit of soup down the line and not mad validation seeking tailchasing) has been working an absolute charm.

I do one module of web development learning a day and this two pronged approach of doing an hour of high priority tasks a day, and about the same of high priority learning in a day leaves me glowing all day.

That’s really all this body-mind organism that’s called Bub has been pleading for all through his journals - dont fight with people, and doing avoid doing important shyt. Bonus points for learning high end concepts that will drive my life forward.

That’s me pretty much sorted.

I’m paying my flatmate a decent salary and he’s been an absolute star in getting things done, so this will move my business forward too.

Looking to find jobs for him to complete, has me completing them myself.

Told him the aim is to get all the monkeys off my back the rest of this month, and autopilot my way into the next stage of my life.

This is the sort of effortless joy that I’ve been looking for, sure I’ve been happy no matter what happens BUT happiness is cheap, joy takes work and I’ve been getting to joy with the work I’ve been doing recently.

Yep, that’s me sorted. Been feeling on top of the world pretty much ever single day since my last post anad don’t really see myself dropping off (unless I fight or argue with people (which was 1-2 times a month at most) or get back into avoiding confronting high priority work).

Also looking forward to me starting somatosensory therapy and will address this issue of avoidance which has been a huge part of my life.

It’s like I’ve had this feeling of discomfort when I try to address the issues I’ve been avoiding, and I’ve told myself it’s the discomfort that’s what’s been stopping me so will be great to see what happens when this discomfort disappears on being listened to and addressed.

Excited for my first sesh tomorrow.

One sentence I’ve been using repeatedly over the past few days is ‘I’m in heaven’, and I really feel I am.

I’m working in the best place I’ve ever worked in, and have started working with older adults (where the focus is on actually helping clients and families) vs the risk management slant of adult work.

My colleagues and workplace are off the charts fantastic and I never realised it was actually possible to have a genuinely and constantly joyful experience at work.

Maybe this might be the first (second - as I’ve worked with older adults before) time I’m actually being the good guy vs the agent of social control right wing authoritarian cog in wheel.

I find I’m finding it hard to get this across on here but saying it one last time, I never expected it was possible to have a wall to wall positive experience with any job, and have it supremely fulfilling, but here we are.

When I do my morning address outstanding issues (i.e. things if not addressed will cause me problems downstream vs external validation seeking issues), then I feel on top of the world.

But when I don’t, I get stressed again. And I realise that this only happens because I step out of TMOBA.

If I do the morning admin, great. If I don’t, then park it till the next day and keep being timeline focus on the present moment.

However, I have to be honest with myself and accept that no matter how much I might delude myself into focusing on the now, gratitude, appreciation, what not - the background anxiety WILL build up with avoidance.

For me, I’ve found yeah, I can fool myself into thinking I feel good, and even feel like I’m in heaven everyday, but there has to be that progress towards counteracting the natural entropy that will develop in my life. Otherwise life descends into chaos, and I’m fucken Nero fiddling away in la la land.

I know some peeps here might say then your happiness is conditional, so your approach doesn’t count. But when I am convinced of anyone with unconditional happiness, I’ll more than happily be disabused of that notion.

Until then, I’ll be happy everyday as I’ve always been, but not really truly happy if I’m avoiding dealing with the natural buildup of entropy in my life.

I had my first somatic experiencing session.

It absolutely blew my mind away.

I’m flabbergasted as to how much of a no brainer listening to emotions is and how unskilled I was at it (despite allegedly being super competent at it due to my profession).

Just sitting with the emotions, and listening to them took me on a journey that mimicked my life story and themes down to a T.

In brief.
Multiple issues causing background anxiety.
Issues HAVE to be addressed or will compound with consequences.
Anxiety below these feelings. Anxiety tells me I cant get rid of it, I’ve tried several therapies, brain training, but I need the anxiety to address stuff. “I’m here to help you, yo”. And I wont survive without it. Or at least that’s what it said.
I am strong. Even stronger than the significant strength I already give myself credit for.
Solve it with strength. But not a rah rah strength, but a harmonious strength.
Feeling in throat. A block (I have a stutter).
Scared of speaking my truth with people because of responses. Also a source of fear from attack in relationships.
But people cross super reasonable and simple boundaries (like on the forum here - let me do me, please being met with…).
Then a torrent comes out of my mouth. Lashing out.
Followed by guilt, shame, regret - for days, weeks, sometimes years.
Feeling comes up in throat again. This feeling says it’s the solution.
This feeling runs away to my left flank and when I catch it it says - dude, you’re a part of Oneness. Just watch the show unfold.

So all of the above was a summary of all the issues I’ve ever discussed in my journal here, and pretty much all the issues I have in my life.
And ALL the insights, or realisations were just me listening to my body and nothing where I was actively generating thoughts - I just sat back and listened and saw what came up.

Then the feeling in my throat came - that oneness is what I usually feel is the solution isn’t the solution.
Then what is - I sat curiously waiting for the answer.

You’re sad, bruv. You’re sad, lonely and isolated.
Just last night, you were scrambling around on your phone desperately trying to speak to someone and no one answered.
In your dreams you’re falling in love with someone or the other, and even in your lucid dreams, the first thing you do is have sex.
It showed me an image of a boy building a beautiful sandcastle - and kids playing in a group nearby. He’s out of the group and saying fuck em. BUT he can always join the group and they would happily have him.
A girl’s playing in the sand. She’s been through a few up and down relationships, and has had enough of all that and just wants someone who can give her kindness, and who will be there for her. And has a bare minimum standard that she won’t throw shit at them, and wont have shit thrown at her i.e. someone just like me.
And I thought, that’s what I would love - to be able to come home to someone who was nurturing, kind and supportive.

That was the end of the session and I can’t wait for the next one.

I guess I’m on here (this forum) because this seems like a post enlightenment methodology.

I have a bare minimum standard for enlightenment - there is no bub, never was. And there’s only the Now.

Focusing on ATMOBA, showed me that there are feelings that get in the way of my happiness. And whilst it’s easy and even tempting to demonise them, these are valuable emotions that are desperate to teach me the most valuable lessons and insights of my life.

I read about Guy Smith, who got to enlightenment with non duality and he realised it wasn’t all that, and there was till work to be done after that and he espoused somatic experiencing i.e. relating to the body-mind organism.

Absolutely fascinating how the body has all the answers, and all I had to do was just listen. Equally fascinating was realising how unskilled I was in the most basic of tasks - listening to my emotions.

Even now, I’ve tried it without the therapist and make little progress on my own.

Enjoyed it so much, and found it so valuable, I’ve signed up for twice weekly sessions.

Ahh so interestingly after my post in October (Bubs b2wf journal - #58 by claudiu), right around when I posted it I was feeling a psychic tension (as in a psychic current)

Then soon after I posted it — not sure if it was the same day or the next day — I felt an intense deep feeling of regret through the psychic web.

I was rather sure it wasn’t coming from me as I didn’t regret anything I posted (after going through it many times with a fine-tooth comb), and also it wasn’t ‘sticky’ in the way my own feelings relating to my own issues are.

It faded pretty quickly but I gathered that the exchange was over — which turned out to be right.

It’s good to get confirmation that it is what happened. One of the benefits of accepting the reality of vibes and psychic currents and being proficient in the actualism method is starting to be able to viscerally feel others’ emotions and passions and to be able to limit the effect it has on me (although it can never be zero).

It reminds me of my experience with Richard and Vineeto in the airport as I was leaving after my first trip. They were completely unaffected by the palpable psychic currents and vibes swirling all about. And it’s not that they were ignorant or or oblivious to them — to be ignorant of something it has to exist to them be ignored. It simply was clear that they didn’t exist and thus passed through them as their non-existence could not affect that which actually exists.

It made it clear that quite unlike Enlightenment, which is transcending the human condition while remaining rooted in it (and thus capable of being affected by it), actual freedom was about eliminating the human condition in its entirety.

‘tis truly bizarre, the human condition! Thus becoming free from it can be bizarre as well.

Cheers,
Claudiu

2 Likes

This is quite fascinating, it makes me think to similar situations that I have experienced lately. For example when I come in contact with my house-mate there is usually this palpable feeling of uneasiness. It’s a weird one because whenever I have tried to investigate into myself to find the root cause of it, I can’t find anything substantial. And I have been wandering to what extent I am simply picking up his uneasiness.

It’s a funny one to deal with also, it seems that in order to limit the extent to which I am affected by others’ vibes, I must look into why I still have the antennae set to detect them. Why I still insist on looking out for this particular dimension, what is the investment of feeling others out in this way? Or what is my investment into this particular feeling? Eg someone socially awkward might have the antennae cranked up all the way in order to avoid embarrassment etc.

It seems to me that the antennae is switched off once that particular emotion is truly done with. As in there is 100% confidence that there is no point going there in any regard, even in terms of feeling someone else experiencing this particular emotion.

2 Likes

Yea you’re onto something there. I always think of the example of a small child having a screaming anger tantrum. Surely this creature will be emitting lots of angry vibes, yet as an adult not involved it can actually just be funny and amusing that they are upset over something so trivial. So the ‘antenna’ indeed isn’t always on!

Yeah exactly, I have had situations since applying the method where for example I’d have some kind of interaction with others and straight after they would say something like ‘god that was awkward wasn’t it’ and to me this dimension of the experience simply didn’t happen, as in I could not relate at all, I did not feel it.

It’s such a freeing experience actually, because then I can have complete confidence in seeing the interaction for what it was, equally I can have complete confidence that they were indeed being silly.

1 Like

Ya! And last thing that this prompted is that I’ve learned that just because I didn’t experience it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen for other people. It’s the distinction of naive vs gullible. I used to think if I didn’t feel offended that the other person didn’t mean offense even if others around me did. But now I see that it’s sensible to both be naive as I’m not be offended but still fully understand the situation and that others were say offended and why etc. So there’s no downside, you are happy and harmless and you don’t lose any understanding or capability of being in the world, to the contrary you end up being able to function better.

I do have this experience, but still get drawn into it as a feeling being.

And regret my reactions or responses esp if they are ‘uncool’.

As regards how I’ve been on this forum, there’s close to zero guilt or regret.

The things I do feel some guilt about was calling son_of_bob a dimwit and I immediately said I felt I crossed a line there.

And also pulling you (kub) into my AF criticisms i.e. taking advantage of your engaging with me, and twisting it into an anti AF slant.

Just those two things. Everything else I’m super chill with. Okay, maybe a third was getting my panties twisted a couple of times and showing my annoyance or reactivity i.e. ‘uncool’.

But yeah, maybe there’s my lesson in my first sentence in this post - see others as being silly or even unreasonable, but temper my feeling being responses i.e. be like the Fonz i.e. be cool. :slight_smile:

unnamed

I’ve been thinking about this one, I cannot see this experientially yet and I think this is why I am still on the look out for certain vibes, eg with my house-mate. I feel that in some way I need this mechanism in order to operate safely with others.

I do have experiences just like you’ve described, where no longer being pulled side to side by various vibes I am able to look at the situation in front of me from a clearer vantage point. I can see that maybe this person is upset or they are acting in this or that way and the fact that I am not caught up in their vibes is a blessing not a curse because I am able to operate sensibly and also quite surprisingly at times, kind of like what you described with the family situation recently.

It reminds me of what Richard writes that his responses are impeccable at all times and sometimes to his own surprise, there is a taste of that when I am able to operate sensibly.

1 Like