Andrew

Más bien son unos humanos totales :grimacing:

1 Like

Ahora estamos hablando.

Deje que la historia muestre que el foro en español comenzó aquí.
:smirk::rofl:

Comprendo :grimacing:

1 Like

Che imagináte una traducción al español de “Richard’s Journal”. Tarea difícil no?

1 Like

Prefiero una persona realmente libre que hable español.

Sí, hace unos 20 años empecé por el Apéndice IV (“THIS MOMENT OF BEING ALIVE”) y por intentar traducir satisfactoriamente las similitudes y diferencias de senses, sensate, sensual, sensuous, aware, awareness, self-awareness, attention, atentiveness, attentive, etc. Más recientemente en Slack nos escribimos creo que con @Felix sobre las mejores palabras para doer y beer, a partir de la mención de @geoffrey en su video, etc.
Todo debido a que me era/es complicado hablar o escribir en español sobre Actual Freedom cuando intento explicarla con mayor precisión o profundidad.

Dicho esto, más difícil que traducir a Richard será recuperarnos de las patadas en el culo que nos dará @Andrew si seguimos usando su Diario para intercambiar sobre esto! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Si quieres continuar con el tema, te propongo contactarnos por privado, por videollamada y/o abrir un nuevo tópico (o todo a la vez)

1 Like

Ah ha!

¡Videollamada!

2 Likes

Being too precious about being precise will not lead us away from the precipice.

Well, most likely he/she will not be an Argentinean. It would be the ultimate test for Actual Freedom: to eliminate the selves of an Argentinean, since we are known for having bigger and stronger ones! :smiley:

For example, we do not need invasions or wars to destroy us; it is enough using our very selves! (“Who says it is impossible to destroy, without wars, a country with very rich soil and huge sea, with plenty of drinking water, plenty of space and a small population? Are you challenging us? Then we will show you that it is possible and prove that we are, as always, right!” :smile:).

In the Spanish-speaking world there are jokes very descriptive of our selves:

• “How does an Argentine commit suicide? He climbs on his ego and jumps off”.

• “If you want to make a big deal buy an Argentinean for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth”.

:laughing:

2 Likes

As I understand, @Miguel, what you are saying is;

Challenge Accepted.

Nosotras, las hispanohablantes del mundo, gracias.

:rofl::sunglasses:

Do you refer to the offer to @milito.paz to continue by video call and/or other means the topic of the Spanish translation?

I refer to the forthcoming acceptance of the challenge that you become actually free and, as the most improbable of all Spanish speakers (by virtue of being Argentinean) have your own journal, in Spanish, which fullfils the maxim “if i can do it, anyone can” .

Then, we of the imperial lingua franka, must translate your journal, because, for being such an improbability, surely in it, is the otherwise undiscovered secret by which we can easily, and quickly, end this charade.

(i bet that gave Google translate a hernia).

:sunglasses::rofl:

Ah, ya veo. Lo intentaré, entonces :wink:

1 Like

This was too funny. I consider my”self” to be wearing incredibly thin but still feel a raise in heartbeat when the national team wins or loses a game. A good case for investigating feelings is watching Maradona’s goals against England in 1986. :sob: Or the smell of an asado sizzling away slowly, or the taste of a good strong mate in the morning or after work or whenever! So many memories with feelings come flooding. Of course nowhere near as much as before.

But perhaps the strength and pomposity of the typical Argentine identity makes it, as Peter would say, a constant goldmine in terms of investigation.

And I’m only HALF ARGENTINE! Jajaja imagine Miguel and the rest.

Y Miguel me encantaría hacer una videollamada. Te avisaré cuando pueda. Por el momento la familia está en una situación un poco difícil, la nona de 88 años se cayo mal. Estaba sola en casa. Así que tuvimos que romper una ventana para entrar y encontrarla en mal estado en el piso donde creo que estaba por varias horas en la misma posición. Ahora se encuentra en el hospital y tengo que estar pendiente.

Lo interesante es que fue una buena prueba de progreso con respecto al actualísmo. No sentí nada. Estaba totalmente tranqui durante todo y actuando de forma suavemente espontánea.

Bueno cuando se calme todo haremos esa llamada me interesás muchísimo.

Vos también Andrewcito. Ahora te prometo dejar tu diario en paz. Gracias por permitirnos usar un poco tu espacio.

:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The nice thing about a big ego is, it’s a big target!

You’re actually closer to freedom than someone that’s always hiding behind ‘humble’

1 Like

Espero que nona se recupere bien. ¿Dices que es una buena prueba de actualidad? Ella también está interesada? ¿O su capacidad de responder sin dejar de sentirse bien?

Learning to “potter around” today.

I’ve always been an all or nothing type when it comes to doing house work.

The theme this week has been “feeling good no matter what”. Surprise! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

The last few days have been a pretty stable base line, and it feels good to have seen the subtle way it works.

So often, i am skipping from one idea/“fact” /belief to the next in my thinking when i am in my usual MO of a high functioning sub-clinical depression. (yep, that’s what i think i have been, or maybe something else, that sounds way too fancy😜).

Feeling good, my mind can wander further. See more.

For example, i go for long walks around my suburb everyday. Today, when turning on to my street, an attractive woman was at her letterbox. I noticed her, and kept walking. i walked on, but about 20 metres away, i looked back. She was still standing there, looking at me.

I kept walking, but obviously was thinking about it. My initial thought was the obvious one, “i should have waved, or said” hi"". Why didn’t I?

It was actually quite funny later. I had gone for another walk, and was thinking about how i could meet her. (it wasn’t actually obvious which home she lives in). Then of course, i saw how weird it would be to make any attempt at doing that.

She could have been looking at me because my shorts had a weird pattern on them, maybe i looked suspicious. My favourite, of course, is the she found me attractive option!

Anyway, as i was thinking about all of this, i was feeling good and otherwise enjoying the walk. (I’ve been walking a lot more than usual as i want to get fit again).

Then is occurred to me, something “outside” the normal parade of reasons, beliefs, desires etc.

I felt guilty. Guilty that I hadn’t said anything (even though it’s silly situation), i felt in myself something very instinctually raw.

That i had an “obligation” to desire, persue, and otherwise try and get, any attractive woman.

That i was letting someone down. I guess that someone is nature.

I have been thinking about this post by @henryyyyyyyyyy

Specifically, “nope, the baseline moves”.

Maybe this “guilty” feeling about not doing what a man is " meant" to do, in this case approach attractive women, is what Richard means when he say “compliant soul”.

In my heart of hearts, i comply to what a man is according to some deeply stored instinctual program.

Given the correct triggers, i will automatically comply, or fail to and feel guilty.

Earlier this evening i saw the belief in me that women are intrinsically good. That deep down, they are morally good. Which is, i guess, part of that mummy’s boy thing. Oedipus Complex sounds cooler. :sunglasses: