There is an ongoing video meeting! (maybe)

bat call

Is it too late to join? :rofl:

come

Still open for a bit but for the future, if anyone wants to host in the future, here’s the link to do it:

Thanks edzd for some fruitful conversation.
Especially about going to a higher plateau, on a feeling good spectrum, that will
bring about a new form of actualist common sense, that will not revert to lower level
of dealing with the world ( internally and externally ). Appreciate this wonderful and
reassuring feedback!

1 Like

just finished thanks all!!!

1 Like

Is there a way to be notified of future meet ups?

1 Like

@geoffrey is it the above article of addiction to suffering that @Miguel was referring to?

1 Like

@Kiman this is the correspondance I was pointing to:

(Most of it is copied in the ‘selection’ you linked to, but this is more complete)

Edit: reading it again… it’s absolutely brilliant

2 Likes

Me and @Sonyaxx will be hosting one later today around 3pm UK time :+1:

1 Like

It’s a bit late for me in Australia, I’ll catch the next one :slight_smile:

Interestingly, I felt a resistance and fear of joining in on a video meeting. I always had anxiety regarding phones and video calls, it is one of my least favourite parts of my job and one that I always worry about saying something dumb or still feel a pang of dread when my boss calls or a colleague. Once I am on the call it goes away and I am fine, it is always that build up before the call or answering the call. When I have formal calls to make like medical appointments and tax related issues it always takes a long build up for me to call, like I procrastinate. I am grateful that in my current job 98% of the time the video is switched off too. I am not comfortable seeing myself on video either.

Something to explore for sure.

My dad was a real tough mans man but he really hated using the phone and it would be one of the few times I would see him get flustered. I know that imprinted on me. So many of my fears/phobias come from my parents, siblings or strong negative events that have happened when young.

You’d think being on call with super open actualists would be fine and less daunting. I noticed there was an embarrassment and awkwardness to have to explain to my family who I am talking to and what I am doing as well.

@Kub933, hope you have a good session. It is my anniversary today and I have child care arrangements and I will be out for the day so I won’t join this one. Hopefully, another opportunity when I feel more comfortable.

And me too! But I always find as you say this disappears quickly and it is always worth it in the end.

I remember also before meeting Alan and Dona couple years back having this fear of being exposed as a fake actualist! :joy: That was there too especially anticipating talking to @geoffrey.

Haha, yes to be honest and I did the same with the forums too. I was there when Richard was but too concerned with how I would be perceived, wasted opportunity to ask any nagging questions. So much pressure on ourselves hey lol.

Me too :sweat_smile: seems worth taking the plunge and participating though… next time !!

@geoffrey When I click on the link it begins with: November 7, 2002. Is the section that you are talking about?

@son_of_bob and @claudiu: you always can either stay listening as I do most of the time since I have a hard time stringing four words together! :smiley: (my alternative yesterday was not shut up and subject others like @edzd to try to figure out what the heck I was trying to say in the brief moments when I came in to say hello :smile:).

So I am sure we will all enjoy from your words, or at least from your presence.

3 Likes

No. I edited the link. I posted it with my phone and didn’t check. Sorry guys.
The whole correspondance (but the end somewhat) is relevant.

Ok, then you’re talking about the whole correspondence beginning with Oct 7, 2002.
Thank you for posting that. That correspondence with Richard was right after I first met him when he came to an old K list that I was on.

1 Like

I just noticed that my corrector auto reverts to the French “correspondAnce” every time lol. No big deal I guess. This is not the first concession you guys have to make if you read that French guy’s posts hahaha.

1 Like