The perpetual music thread

1 Like

It’s hilarious because it’s true!

Great music anyway.

Better version to watch…

I was these guys for a briefest moment. They do what I achieved for a few moments over an entire album.

Gotta love the drive to create such mastery.

I know why “Tom bombadill” didn’t make the movies.

On unrelated notes and because I can’t reply more than 5 times…

1 Like
1 Like

A good check to chin cry.

Wow, that’s powerful! It acctually had me look him up and start listening to another one of his tunes right now (sick boi).

Sooo good! :heart_eyes: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah this Ren as has really gotten to my head. I’ve now spent hours listening to his music. :slight_smile: Chesus what a muscial genius.

Love this one.

“More seriously I took things…the harder the rules became”…haha

1 Like

We don’t have to breed,
We could plant a house,
We could build a tree,
I don’t even care,

We could have all three.

Wow those strums on the instrument is the closest tune I can find which gets to the quality of Everything is perfect in actuality…and ofcouse the game had to be called Oblivion :joy:

I saw this band live in the early 90s. Mind melting harmony, whilst playing so skilfully.

My spine was on the floor.

1 Like

Having this on full blast in the car just made me realise how much this song speaks to me as an actualist, just listen to the lyrics yo :smile:

All she wants is a simple intimacy and instead she gets a ‘someone’, playing a game that only turns them into a fool, why does it have to be so complicated :man_shrugging::laughing:

2 Likes

Ah, the old bait and switch.

Funny, I don’t hear this song the same!

To me it’s the old “be yourself” advice dressed up. Why is she with this person (whether friend of boyfriend whatever)?

Usually it’s the case that the complications go both ways. Any accusation of the other, generally has a fair amount about the accuser in it.

I have learnt that anyone intent of changing me, whether by such an accusation, generally is simply looking for control. It’s called “negging” with “gaslighting” thrown in.

In the case of this “friend”, I would guess that the way she treats them makes them sure that they are not enough, hence the trying to be someone.

It’s ambiguous whether it’s a friend or a boyfriend.

I have had the same basic thing levelled at me quite a few times from friends and girlfriends.

Some version of “be yourself”, which ignores that I am being myself; they just don’t like me.

If someone doesn’t like my “complicated” self, or my clothes, or whatever projections I have, then there are two words that come to mind.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t have rained on your parade @Kub933

I really like Avril Lavigne lol. This song came out when I was first deep in love, an unrequited love and it still triggers me sometimes, like an echo of the past. Which makes me laugh because it reminds me of feeling love and life is so complicated.