Notifications

Done

Well, @Kub933 and @claudiu, the problem seem to persists and also I finally found that Babble seems to be the cause of several problems with notifications. For example:

Regardless of other problems that its removal could bring, it has been the only way found by those who have solved these ones, so… I think we should remove Babble first.

1 Like

Sounds good , let’s do it

1 Like

Just in case, pay attention to Slack in case we need to communicate to restore the site :grimacing:

I think it worked! My notifications seem sane now.

Now we know – no Who’s Online, and no Babble :smiley: . As someone who works in the computer technology field I like the rapid iteration we do to find a good solution :slight_smile:

Never mind actually, seems they are still not sane :confused: .

Actually I see the plugins are still ‘installed’ but disabled, I guess we will see after they are removed what happens :slight_smile:

Yes, I still see the same.
I was waiting until I had a little more time and made a backup immediately before uninstalling, and to get more info about how to uninstall plugins (they don’t have the option to do it from here), because several refuse to be uninstalled with the standard method, etc.

Done and back!
Let’s see (especially @claudiu and @Kub933) if the problem is solved.

Yes it seems they are sorted now, I have way less of them showing and they only seem to do with things relevant to me :+1:

Me too. Good!

This is for our iPhone / iOS users like @emp and @Alan.

Just to let you know about it and, if you can, try it out to provide feedback, could any of you install Fig?

It’s a native Discourse client which allows access to one or more Discourse-based forums at the same time (in this case it would be to see how its push notifications works with only one: ours).

Thanks for the tip, but it seems like that app has been abandoned? It’s missing features and the last update was over a year ago.

Not having an iOS myself, I can’t see more than this:

I can see that 24 Jul 2020 was the last update and still has 4.8 rating, so I don’t know if it was abandoned and what its missing features are (I can’t access 1 and 2 star reviews, for instance)

It doesn’t register our custom emoticons for starters… seems to have issues with quoting as well. Can I borrow your test user?

Yes, borrow it; no problem. But then it does indeed seem to have problems…

I’ve been chatting with Miguel a fair bit recently. Push notifications and pop ups came up. I am posting here at his suggestion.

Where are we up to?

It seems to me that there is very little spontaneous chat going on on here. Are people not getting notifications?

I am happy to pay a reasonable amount (I have already committed to £20k - not all for this lol) if anyone can develop what is necessary to enable notifications on, particularly iOS, but also the other platforms if they are not currently available.

I then seize the opportunity of Alan’s intervention to share my answer to him about a question on this subject.

Coincidentally, a few days ago I had started working on the single-site app solution that @rick and @claudiu proposed in Notifications (an interface between Discourse and OneSignal -a free notification server- functional for both type of devices) at least to see if I could get it to work for free on Androids first.

Claudiu had said there that

But, of course, my attempt does not rule out the possibility offered by @Alanji of hiring someone to do it.

Obviously better to get it free and preserve our funds😁

Just an FYI; notifications from the Discourse app now seem to work in iOS 16. They didn’t work prior to the OS upgrade for me.