Magical Mystery Tour

Might you be able to recall what he and @Felix spoke about regarding this topic? What advice did he give to @Felix in order to become the only one practicing the method? Perhaps @Felix has some recollection.

Now for anyone feeling forlorn about this recent assessment of the forum, I’d just like to point out it has not all been in vain, we have collectively done some incredible work - I asked ChatGPT about actual freedom - #33 by rick :joy:

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I remember when I first became actually free was when the actualism method really made sense. It was like doing it on easy mode. Whereas doing it as a feeling being was like trying to bail out a leaky boat with a hole in it.

So you guys know what you did it seems :face_with_peeking_eye:

I think the key to enjoying and appreciating as a feeling being is to really really like it - as opposed to seeing it as a commitment, a dedication, a burdensome vow and so on.

4 Likes

I think I know where a bit of lack of motivation to feel good occured

When Dona n Alan met Richard n Vineeto, Richard stressed a lot on the importance of committing to feel good but he also said something like " There are no conditions for self immolation"…Now since the final prize of Actualism is self immolation and there are no conditions for self immolation, so even feeling good isn’t a condition for self immolation so why bother with feeling good…just aim for self immolation

Ofcourse Richard isn’t at fault here in any measure…he did say that Actualism method via feeling good is something to do in the meantime and helps rewire one’s brain…

Personally I find that reduction n elimination in intensity n frequency of SI triggers has been invaluable so far…such that I can’t imagine going straight for self immolation…too much too soon

Right yeah that’s a good point, I always thought that aiming for virtual freedom on route to actual freedom made practical sense. Even if actual freedom is the end goal let’s see if I can at least commit to feeling good each moment again first. Because otherwise how do I know I am not just kidding myself with daily self immolation attempts whilst feeling miserable in general.

I always liked the practicality of this too, it’s something I can get stuck in and improve my life daily from the get go as opposed to waiting around and essentially hoping that one day somehow it will happen.

It also seems to put my money where my mouth is, for if I say I want to be free from malice and sorrow, well can I at least demonstrate this commitment by feeling good each moment again?

As per my last messages I have not even made that commitment fully yet, to put aside the various identity concerns and simply feel good. So how do I expect to allow all of me to be extinguished?

1 Like

Ya on the other hand it can get to beating oneself up for not being good enough or adding requirements that aren’t there for self immolation. It’s all just silly isn’t it, let’s just enjoy!

2 Likes

The thought now is - these are not mutually exclusive! Why not do both simultaneously?

Yeah, I guess once we are doing the Actualism Method 99% of the time instead of the half-hearted 45% attempts as a sort of part-time confused Actualist mixed with real world schemes n dreams, then the time will come when we’ll automatically know the time is right for self-immolation…but even then self-immolation may not occur hehe but my guess is that with that 99% feeling good lifestyle, it may be a much better place for attempting self-immolation…worst case even without self-immolation, that 99% feeling good lifestyle will be its own reward !

2 Likes

I added the emphasis here to show that this is making it a prerequisite that I need to be enjoying 99% of time to be able to self immolate. From what actually free people say, this isn’t the case, and nor does one lead to the other. It’s just an in the meantime thing. And a lot of the objections to self immolation overlap with the objections to feeling good. So it’s efficient too.

So for me this is the new thing that’s really an old thing seen again — do both simultaneously lol. Literally at the same time, go for self immolation ‘directly’ and also continuously enjoying and appreciating this moment of being alive.

Yea indeed , it’s a sensible commitment.

1 Like

Well Richard publicly clarified so we don’t have to wonder :smile::

Update: In regards to the “Magical Mystery Tour” thread, Richard did *not * say “no one on the forum seemed to be practicing the actualism method” (or anything of the ilk) – obviously they are and this alone is immensely pleasing – as what he *did * say was ‘Nobody has taken-up the challenge to enjoy and appreciate being alive, each moment again come-what-may, for the remainder of their life’.
Global Warming

3 Likes

Aah so the difference is that people on the forum here are practicing the Actualism Method now n then as opposed to taking that as a challenge to do it each moment ?

The cool thing is that we actually arrived at the same conclusion over the weekend anyways haha! That it is the commitment to enjoy and appreciate each moment again for the rest of ones life that has not been made.

It’s actually kind of funny and somewhat indicative of the human condition that it is a challenge to commit to, wait for it…

Doing nothing but enjoying and appreciating for the rest of one’s life :joy::joy:

It’s so immensely helpful to have all the nuance about social identity, ego, and instinctual soul.

It may well have already been there all along, but to have it distilled down into a single article is gold.

What’s more, i am drinking it up. I believe every word. I know this is the “wrong” thing, you know to “believe”, but if there is one thing that tripping weekly (and twice very dramatically) has informed me of; Richard knows the territory like no one else.

The part dealing with the left vs right wing politics was very timely for me. Having only in the last week seen how my Russian bias had blinded me to the psychopathological russian directorship. A deep appreciation of being raised and living in a liberal democracy isn’t something I had experienced before.

On a funnier note; good luck to anyone translating that article into any other language; I am still translating it into English! :joy::exploding_head:

Precisely the reason I haven’t read it in detail yet :smile:

It’s kinda funny that sometimes when I read such complex sentences from Richard with so many new words that I never heard off, I begin to read them mentally in that famous complicated long dialogue in the movie V for Vendetta with a lot of words with letter V lol

This one…sorry for digressing a bit…but this is no criticism of Richard’s writing style…infact I’m glad I pickup so much new vocabulary reading him :smile:

I got the impression that to take Richard up on the challenge to enjoy and appreciate being alive each moment would mean someone has managed to immolate.

@Srinath You have mentioned cycles before. We both have. I experience cycles of being seeming very close to the actual world and then cycle back into real world problems (finances, status and relationships). Currently waning away from the actual world but fighting it. However this fighting experience I have also experienced before. And each time before, I lost: Was unable to turn the tide and went fully back into real world problems.

If this cycling experience is common then we can set up a method of letting each other know when we are close to the actual world and if one or more other people here are also experiencing themselves as being close then they can and should collaborate.

A potential pitfall i see is people who are close but without a steady connection. And people who are feeling really good but may not realize that they aren’t any closer to purity. Also I see people who may want to hang out though they aren’t that close and they may drag the others down. So we should expect crossed wires resulting in failures but it only would take one self-immolation for it to be a net positive.

1 Like

I really like this.

A lot of the posts here speak about taking up the commitment and the challenge, and that’s like ‘discipline’. It holds ugly connotations for me.

I’m going to just really really like enjoying and appreciating the present moment and feeling good. It doesn’t get any simpler than that for me.