Leila's translation translated back into English by GoogleTranslate

thank you geoffrey, this is very helpful as well! :slight_smile:

Haha what on earth :smiley::smiley:.

@leila what is my fault here? :joy:

Putting any issues aside for a sec - the point of the actualism method is to feel good each moment again :blush: So any emotional issues you are experiencing now, which are causing you to suffer (and regardless of what or who you think may have caused them), you would look at with the aim to get back to feeling good :slight_smile: The feeling you mentioned of being condemned for example - that is occurring within you, not any actual situation. The idea is to feel good instead of that feeling. There might be some beliefs at play which are feeding those feelings - like wanting to belong to a group and things like that.

People don’t often mention that to facilitate feeling good each moment again, it can help to get into the habit of asking “How am I experiencing this moment of being alive?”. So for example you might ask that when you are reading at some point (given you say you don’t know how you feel when you do that activity).

Regarding the translation, you can translate anything you want haha. But if you are interested enough to translate stuff then surely you would also want to employ the method. Otherwise what’s the point? :slight_smile:

By the way - I don’t think anyone thinks you were using Google Translate. That’s just something I did with your translation back into English out of curiosity and for fun :smiley:. I couldn’t believe how good the translation was that I could still understand the text even after a robot had translated it back :nerd_face:.

If Claudiu warned you off translating and referenced an article by Richard, then you can read what he said and read the article and decide for yourself as to issues mentioned. This isn’t a religion so you are allowed to think for yourself.

2 Likes

I wish you had come earlier to tell me these things @Felix… But you came too late :grinning: … I’m joking . :grinning:. You made me smile again .Thank you Felix . I do not know if this is feeling good … Or is it a good feeling ?
Any ways Appreciated Felix . These 5 important points that you mentioned helped me a lot .

But Still it is your fault :innocent: :wink: :rofl: and Your fault is your curiosity ,your naivety , your funniness that put me into this " HaHa what on earth " :grinning: :grinning:

1= to get into the habit of asking “How am I experiencing this moment of being alive?”you might ask that when you are reading at some point (given you say you don’t know how you feel when you do that activity).

2= The feeling you mentioned of being condemned for example - that is occurring within you, not any actual situation

3= There might be some beliefs at play which are feeding those feelings - like wanting to belong to a group and things like that.

4= if you are interested enough to translate stuff then surely you would also want to employ the method. Otherwise what’s the point?

5= to facilitate feeling good each moment again

1 Like

It would be nice, @leila, if you continue writing here for example, as Vineeto told me, to expose yourself.

Going further than @Felix, suppose you have actually been condemned by someone. That would not change that what makes you feel bad is your feeling of being condemned. And in either case you would have the same opportunity to investigate why.

In my case, feeling bad about being criticized (imaginary or actually) here or anywhere else after sharing something, has allowed me to learn more about aspects of “me”. For example, by noting that I was:

• expecting gratitude from others (and then: “how not to feel bad in the face of ingratitude!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

• secretly expecting approving or even admiring comments (“how not to feel bad when a detail is sought to not have to admit that I shared something of great value!” :laughing:).

• then conclude, more generally, that in writing I used to expect to harvest good (not felicitous) feelings.

• later I could observe -not always, of course- this anticipation while writing, noticing that it kept me from feeling better right there.

But if you don’t expose yourself you will miss a good opportunity to discover and even enjoy those discoveries.

And, of course, I hope that, aside from the translation work, you will share more and more the most important thing: how you are progressing in the application of the method.

7 Likes

@Miguel I want to write , but something blocks me …I’m scared .I want to say : It is Claudio 's fault now :grinning: :innocent:
But I appreciate your time and your caring .
You guys really care .Thank you so much .

1 Like

Haha. It’s ok :smiley: . If you prefer I won’t comment :slight_smile: . I would rather have you not be scared to participate - i don’t have a need to reply :slight_smile: So, apologies if I scared you. I was just trying to be helpful in getting to the bottom of a topic!

1 Like

@claudiu, @rick, previously Alan, among others, are sort of natural forces to make us think and at the same time to annoy us (unlike others, which only make us think or only annoy us :smiling_face:).

You yourself have verified both of Claudiu’s abilities. So, benefit from them until he becomes actually free! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh @Miguel , one moment ago , I was thinking exactly the same thing , That if i become actually free is Claudiu’s fault . :joy: because he made me see how i tick :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you so much @claudiu . I can not believe it, I’m not afraid anymore. :grinning:

2 Likes

Not trying to be, but I guess it comes out that way :grimacing:
(hope this gif works)
tumblr_ml6677L2ME1ru64vpo6_r1_250 (1)

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: Which one is Claudiu or rick ? The yellow one i guess ? :rofl: :rofl:

Ok then I start to write here , but if something happened or somebody said something , This time I 'm gonna say it is your fault Migule :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hah who is to say I won’t have those same abilities once I am actually free? :wink:

2 Likes

Indeed Richard sure as shit did. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Claudiu ,I was reading what i wrote here and i saw that , instead of " saying "except " i said " including " :slightly_smiling_face:
maybe because i was writing while i was not feeling good ( and also because it is not my first language and maybe that is why you are concerned that maybe i did not understand the method and so on )

And about this whole translation process .
Well i remember writing here saying it was delightful to translate AF materials …but actually it was a very difficult thing to do . Not knowing English words …especially Australian English…

… So what i did is that i translated the first part of introduction of AF which is Richard 's writing about the method ( consistently enjoying and appreciating this moment of being alive " ) …and if you are not enjoying and appreciating ,with this question , HAIETMOBA " and so on and so on …and also translating some of the answers and questions of Richard …

After this i continued to translate Vineeto’s ( feeling being ) answers and questions all that she wrote about LOVE , relationships , feelings and investigation and so on …and between these i would come across some Richard 's writing which Vineetto was indicating .

After that i came across " Srinath 's simple actualism website" and translated that …

And finally couple of month ago I started to translate Richard 's articles which has been the most difficult ones for me that made me cursing at Richard :grinning: that why on earth he wrote like that … :grinning:

i just finished the most important article about attentiveness>> sensuousness’ >> apperception …i guess it took me a while to understand these words so i can translate them …

translation is done on Richard’s articles about Universe …people …apperception…LOve agape actual intimacy …Living together …evolution …time this moment …

when Ehsan (Frank 's brother )which started to read these materials 4 month ago writes to me that he is applying the method and he is becoming more and more harmless and he has some progress and so on , it makes me very happy .i have been very hard on myself on this path of translation ,most of the time not enjoying at all , pulling my hair not knowing the words , looking in a dictionary ,searching and cursing at them all :grinning:
so maybe that is why i felt bad when you said i might not understand the method .because I was already hard on myself .

Apologies for being " me ".i have a very complicated " being " …and still not know its boundaries .

Miguel and Felix i started to enjoy and appreciated this moment of being alive while i was translating yesterday …it felt really good …easy , ralax …i was not hard on myself . thanks to you guys .

Now i am more attentive to my feelings …but still do not know what i am feeling …just notice that i am not feeling good …but i can not name the feeling …

one thing that stops me to write here is this heart button , wish there was no button . because when nobody puts reaction i do not feel good :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know anyone like that! Definitely not someone who’s name starts with C and ends with “laudiu” :joy: .

I think one of the best parts of this wide and wondrous path is in seeing how thoroughly everyone is the same in some really basic ways… any problem ‘I’ may have, it is virtually guaranteed (if not 100%) that many other people have experienced or felt that same way. Yet at the same time we all feel like it’s us specifically that is ‘bad’ , even though we all feel this way. It is very funny actually :smiley:

It’s awesome to read this!! I love seeing how the conversations here turn into actual changes in people’s lives. It means we are not all wasting each other’s time lol.

Regarding translation difficulties, I can understand it a bit. I am bilingual (natively speaking Romanian and English) but my english is way better than my romanian. I definitely wouldn’t want to translate this stuff into Romanian… it would be very hard and probably sound awful. The other way would probably be better - romanian to english - but even then I would have to look up words and converse with my romanian friends or family to really try to piece the meanings together. Very challenging stuff.

One thing you mentioned was that about “actual” and “real” , how there is no distinction in Farsi… the funny thing is, there is no distinction in english either!! They are synonymous in the dictionary. Richard drew the distinction artificially, to make it easier to talk about actualism. So actually you are not just translating English to Farsi, you are translating English with actualism-specific jargon, into Farsi… …

So it might make sense for you also to make an artificial distinction of actual and real. I wish I could help but I cannot even read the Farsi writing system lol.

But from attempting to use the “New Persian-English Dictionary”, maybe for example for ‘actual’ you can use “واقعی” where the definition is listed as “real, actual; true”, and for actuality, the noun form, “واقعیت”.

And then for real you can use “حقیقی” which is listed to mean “real, true, substanial” – and “حق” for reality (“Truth; reality.”). (I guess in this case the adjective form derived from the noun, while in the case of “واقعی” the noun came from the adjective??)

I pick these because maybe, just going by the english words they picked, one has more of a connotation of “Truth” in the sense of what is morally true, and therefore with a connotation thataway of being ‘real’, whereas the other has more a connotation of “actual” as in more related to what is factual as opposed to what is ‘true’ per se… … but it’s impossible for me to tell based just on this.

It’s just an example… I would wager that, as there are many synonyms of real/actual in Farsi, that some will have connotations that are closer to ‘real’ while others closer to ‘actual’… and as long as you explain the distinction you’re making (as a result of translating the distinction Richard made) then it will make sense to the Farsi audience.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Claudio . Appreciated your time and energy .thank you for caring this much …

i edited my writing "Apologies for being " me ".i have a very complicated " being " …and still not know its boundaries “.

I can’t believe you found these words in farsi … :slightly_smiling_face:
Yah i thought about it a lot , how to make a distinction between these two words real and actual…and we come to this conclusion that we have to invent a word for real world …so we translated real world to " Normal human world” and also " imaginary world "…i hope you do not get mad :grinning:
because if i myself wont understand that , people wont either .

so we translated real world to " Normal human world" and also " imaginary world " the seemingly real world…
but now i am thinking maybe i should
change these words …
thank you Claudiu :heart:
I might ask you about some of the other words too . :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I realised that I am always chasing good feelings. even when i am translating i am expecting approving even admiring .and as you were saying @Miguel these anticipation are not felicitous feelings .even when i am on the computer chasing for materials of AF so that i can find something for translation is like chasing something to feel good about myself …so whatever i do is chasing good feelings …WoW Thank you guys for helping me expose " myself "…

2 Likes

Now I understand What Richard is saying in here :

It is really very simple: attentiveness actually sees the illusory nature of everything that is felt. It sees the transitory and delusory nature of every ideal and dream and scheme and – seeing the inherently unsatisfactory nature of all feeling beings – it sees that there is no sense grabbing onto any of these passing feelings as peace and harmony cannot be found that way.

2 Likes

I went for a walk today …and as i was standing Infront of a giant tree , i looked at the palm of my hand , it was as if i am looking at a alien or something strange, or as if this is the first time i am seeing it . i thought i am imagining things ,so i looked at it again and again and i saw the same thing , alien and very strange .maybe because i use to look at my upper face of my hand ? at last i started to notice that i am not feeling good …some thing like fear and i start having hiccups …so i rushed to get home …

2 Likes