Leila's journal

Perhaps it’s worth asking for what reason you’re writing here

If it’s only for the benefit of others (to teach them, perhaps) then quality is more important. They’ll gain the most benefit if it’s of high quality.

If you’re writing just for yourself, it doesn’t matter at all. It’s just for you.

If you’re writing to get feedback from others, then it matters a little but not very much. They need to understand at least what you’re saying, but not more than that. It’s just so you and maybe others can gain benefit from their feedback.

Any one of these are good reasons to write here! But it does change what is useful to focus on.

1 Like

I doubt you will :slight_smile:

One thing that was hard for me about writing is having to reflect on my own ideas staring back at me. They may not be as great on paper as they were in my head. Or since I’m investigating myself, who I am now may be quite different than who I was when I originally wrote.

Personally, I’m not one for writing journals and I doubt I ever will be. So if you’re not vibing on the journal then there’s no reason to force it. Forcing things is kinda the opposite of what people seem to be doing around here :crazy_face:

Asking questions is great because it’ll help everyone refine their understanding. I’ve been at this for a few years now and I always enjoy seeing new faces and what they may ask. It helps me quite a bit.

1 Like

It could be either, due to the imagined (often unconscious) possibility of being judged positively or negatively.

2 Likes

Richard goes out of his way to note that there is no problem with having thoughts or planning while in a PCE or actually free. Spiritual groups frequently advocate removing thought.

However, many of these thoughts are powered by emotional force, such as fantasizing. So if you can spot those moments when your thoughts are being powered by emotion, you can notice that and make changes.

I do not recommend avoiding planning, except when it comes from a malignant need to control - planning can be very useful! Any complex project requires quite a bit of planning. Additionally, thinking about things can be quite fun.

Hi every one .
these are some conversation with geoffrey that took place for the last year .
i thought maybe it is helpful for the new commers to read geoffrey’s words to me .

2 Likes

leila’s message to geoffrey

Leila’s message to geoffrey

2 month later
Leila’s message to geoffrey

a message :

4 Likes

2 month later
a message :

Leila’s reply to geoffrey

question and answer :

1 Like

guestion and answer :

1 Like

a message to geoffrey :

a message :

1 Like

Leila’s message to geoffrey :

1 Like

a message :

From Craig N. : 3 : enjoyment , fascination , awareness

1. Foster the feeling of enjoyment of this very moment of being alive.
    Concentrate on the senses, paying them exclusive attention. The feeling of enjoyment is a diffuse warmth which spreads throughout your body.

2. Foster fascination. What a miracle it is to be alive as a self-reflective human being. What a curiosity, to gaze out these eyes, to think and reflect. Being here right now is truly fascinating.
    a few minutes of careful attention to these qualities is all it takes. You can’t force it. It requires a relaxed concentration.

3. Now pay attention to your minds awareness of itself. This is a reflexive action of mind, awareness watching awareness.

a message :

a message :

I’m very glad to see you back here @leila !

2 Likes