Journal de Henry

Right, the baseline moves.

Because, clearly, something as simple as feeling good, all the time, no matter what, can’t be the way forward.

It seems far too simple.

2 Likes

And it implies that I have to give up my desire aka give up ‘me’

I think that’s the part, “allowing the universe to remove me”

Because all the evidence is already there. My desire does not exist.

1 Like

There’s a belief, ‘desire’ (if I get this, I’ll be happy). And there’s a belief, ‘the void’ (fear)

Neither exist. They’re just me

1 Like

Well, maybe you can see and say things like that. For me, it’s exactly trying to stick with the method right now.

The subtle ways that i need to adjust my attitude towards my daily chores, to stay feeling good, is my challenge.

The other thing is to not fight my nature. Sure, i want all the girls, money, and power. That’s my nature.

I am not hurting anyone right now though, despite that nature being the root cause of much of the world misery, it is me.

So, i will be that, right up until i am not.

Any small thing works by the same logic… “I don’t want to do this chore” (fear) “I wish the chore would magically do itself” (desire)

1 Like

Right. It’s not a different decision at all.

1 Like

It’s a difference in intensity but not structurally

Unless you REALLY don’t like chores. Lol

1 Like

Yes, and it’s intensity makes the other decisions seem insignificant. So, we don’t do rhem, because *obviously * we are men, and would-be lions who only take on Goliath, or some such worthy opponent.

The dishes are beneath my grandeur.

1 Like

Or maybe worse, i put myself down so far, that the dishes are a worthy opponent.

There are a few guys in my town walking around saying they’re going to go to Ukraine and fight… any day now!!

I think it’s called peacocking :thinking:

And that’s what I’m wanting too, find the right combination of things to be ‘cool,’ ‘important,’ ‘attractive’

It’s a ladder! Even if we’re fighting Goliath there’s someone over there fighting God or something

Peacocking heh?

I think you should get a fund raising event together for them,

Send them to war, get all the girls. That’s a time honoured strategy. :ok_hand:

Ride the horse that got ya here, eh? :wink:

Now that you mention it… forget becoming free! I’m going to go get jacked at the gym and join the military :relieved:

1 Like

Right, and we are men. Compete or die trying.

Or we could engage our cunning nature, realise that being actually free probably is the best chick magnet (even though ‘we’ won’t be around to care). And go for it with all our competitive, driven natural desire.

1 Like

Literal photo of me

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’ve tried to do

It even worked, sort of

And here I am, still feeling the gap!

No send the peacocks to war, you stay here where all the girls are.

Nice “sword” . :rofl:

1 Like

The only problem is, I’m peacocking just as much!

And I’m also “dying in war” (still miserable & malicious, not free of the human condition)