Journal de Henry

@geoffrey described how his family members are always projecting emotions onto him, going so far as thinking that he’s mad at them at times, the same thing would be happening with love. Just by being nice to be around, kind, caring, they’ll think there’s love happening even if it’s not. I don’t think it’s all that much of an issue.

The “I love you too” thing is an interesting one which I’ve also faced before, it comes down to 2 things: are you telling your partner about actualism (and what it entails) or not, and that there is morality around being secretive / deceptive / duplicitous. Lying is one of the things that bothers humans the most, but that isn’t reason enough for it to never be the right answer. Richard uses the example of the Nazis coming to the door asking if you’re hiding Jews under your floorboards, but there are other situations where it may be genuinely the best thing to do.

If you’ve determined - sincerely - that it’s better to not tell your partner about actualism, then you’re going to be faced pretty immediately with that “I love you too” situation, and it would be pretty damn weird to not say “I love you too.” So the simplest thing would be to just say it, allow her to experience the love (even if it’s not technically there), and carry on the business of actual caring (or caring to the best degree you’re capable of).

I will say though that Richard says that there are hardly any situations he has to lie in and hadn’t told a lie in years and obviously he lives with another actually free person and has made a habit of being with people at least interested in freedom over the last ~35 years. So that’s also worth consideration.

I personally am taking the route of telling prospective partners about actualism, but that doesn’t mean it’s the right approach for every situation. It’s a fact that 99% of people won’t become actualists, something like 97% won’t grasp it very well, and maybe 90% will think it’s a bad thing once they hear about the ‘no love’/'no emotions aspect.

Another thing is that generally those who grasp for love & the performative trappings of love the most are the most insecure people. The purpose of love is palliative / reassuring, and a happy / assured person doesn’t have to jump into it as often.

Mostly I think it’s a non-issue because by being a caring, kind, attentive person, you’re checking all the boxes that love purports (and fails) to.

I’m remembering something else from early in my previous relationship, which is a bit of a version of actualist morality, and that was thinking “ok, no love allowed… I know! I’ll just be cold & distant!”

That is NOT it.

I think it’s easy for the identity to guess at that and it goes back to confusing the trappings of love with love itself.

It’s not ‘against actualism’ to take a partner on a nice date, buy them flowers, or tell them that you like them a lot. Yes those things are normally associated with love, but love itself is an emotion. It’s missing the point to go on a fatwa against showing love to a partner and then be ultra cold & distant with them. All that’s happened is now you’re feeling cold & distant, which is certainly not the same as feeling good.

A free person is someone that can do anything under the sun, but it’s coming from the mind freed of sorrow, malice, love, & compassion. Sometimes that means booking a vacation to cancun with someone you like hanging out with.

2 Likes

11|15|22 (part 2)

Hung out with new girl again (I’m going to call her ‘C’ here for convenience) and had a great time. Lots of giggling. Successful adjustments, good job @henryyyyyyyyyy

Can still see that I’m in the way. Incremental progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is where things can get weird and interesting when it comes to actual caring- to actually care for someone is for them to never suffer … which means - as odd as it sounds - for them to not experience love because love comes with suffering.

I have a small case in example from my last relationship…She said that she doesn’t miss me because there isn’t anything to hold us despite all the fun etc…this sounded quite good to me actually and I asked her isn’t that a good thing that she is free from the grip of this negative feeling…to which she said that she misses the feelings of missing someone …to which I said something like that’s sadism…to which she said yeah she knows, but…Checkmate…wisdom of the real world😎

The human addiction to suffering is legendary…Even now on rare ocassions, I feel like indulging in sad songs hehe

Also, when it comes to care… I think Richard said in those taped dialogues something like A cares for B and B cares for A and both get care … so might as well care for oneself because end result is the same…

However medical care is a different thing…sometimes one cannot care for oneself and external care is required

2 Likes

Yep, that’s part of why I prefer to tell prospective partners about actualism, when the time is right. In this case it came up pretty quickly because she asked what I was doing visiting Australia :sweat_smile:

I think where things might get tipped in the direction of ‘it’s better not to say anything’ sometimes (often?) would be that we can’t force or even really convince anyone else to give up on love or become interested in actualism. It really has to come from them. So sometimes saying something might just cause more damage than potential benefit.

I think Richard says something about not being able to force anyone to experience perfection lol

Of course it’s equally as true for you & I

11|16|22

Running through the same fears and fantasy I’ve had since I first became aware I had it in 2017

Can I attract the right girl? Am I enough? Am I rich enough? Do I have enough influence?

The money would just be for toys to catch her attention. It’s not enough. It’s not genuine.

Influence is impossible. I can get influence by selling real-world things to people. But actualism doesn’t have that pop appeal.

What I want is someone that’s genuinely happy to be there.

And I realized the whole fantasy is something that is possible, I’ve just been missing the point this whole time.

It’s just about being happy to be here. It can be done. Richard, Peter, Vineeto, Grace. Srinath and Geoffrey. Craig. And the woman from India. That is one potential outcome. I can’t count on it, but it is possible. And it starts right now, with me, here, today.

This whole time I’ve been trying to dismantle the fantasy by seeing its falsity, but really what I want is completely possible. I just have to do my side.

2 Likes

https://discuss.actualism.online/t/quotes/184/122

The fantasies seem to consist of rearranged memories projected into the future

As such they can never happen

11|27|22

Just had a chat w @Andrew , thought I’d note down an aspect that strikes at the center of me

Intimacy with myself

What I want from the women I fantasize about is intimacy

When I’m with people I’m not fully intimate

I can’t receive the intimacy fully from them

And I can’t give it to them either

So the fantasy falls apart every time. It’s being prevented by me being in the way

By being intimate with myself (& the universe at large), I’m fulfilling what I want from others

It’s not something I have to chase in the future anymore, because it’s here now

5 Likes

Reflecting on it after reading your post, I think an aspect of intimacy with oneself is feeling that sexual energy within one’s body, and being able to enjoy it without needing a release or anybody else.

This is where my goals are going at the moment. To cultivate that energy, to have like the Taoists say a “reservoir” of that energy. Have it circulating through myself. So when I am with my partner, I am not there for her to give me anything, I am already engaged in that energetic enjoyment of being a sexual thing.

Which means, engagement various feelings, conditioning, and mostly with my attitude and “metal sanitation”; not getting sucked in (anymore) to the chase of the other. Which leaves me drained and barren.

1 Like

Someone posted a quote from Richard a month ago or so about ‘enjoying how one is’

Whatever ‘I’ am in whatever moment, is my energy.

So whether it’s sexual or otherwise there’s something to enjoy in it.

Also Vineeto describes post-freedom an ongoing orgasmic sensation - could be something to smell in the direction of.

What I was thinking was an energy outside of me, is actually me. It’s a series of conditioning and natural channelling which makes me a ‘man’ and her a ‘woman’. The energy is me.

So in effect, the segregation itself isn’t between me and others, it’s me and me.

Hell yeah. Hence, I am humanity and humanity is me. In the psyche, the outside is the inside and the inside is the outside.

Right, like Adam H has been exploring; the intimacy can seem like it’s ‘unmanly’, or stepping on another’s toes (not his words). I am meant to “stay in my lane” as a man.

Which is that draining aspect. When I only allow a small part of me to interact, (my opinion is the ‘masculine’ is actually a subset of the ‘feminine’, but that’s my work hypothesis), there is no wonder why I feel cut off in normal feeling terms. Obviously, the entire psychic realm is in the way of actual intimacy.

Control. The small control is the social control (I can’t ‘be’ feminine), the big control is the entirety of the psyche (‘God’)

I reject others because I believe they cause my suffering

I desire others because I believe they can prevent my suffering

But I’m responsible for my own suffering and I am capable of removing it myself

They’re just my scapegoat, and nature’s way of manipulating this body - this life

2 Likes

Wow, well said.

Haha this is so cool because it’s more or less what I have been exploring lately too, to be intimate with myself as a stepping stone to an intimacy with another.

If I cannot have intimacy with myself to begin with I will struggle to ever be intimate with my partner.

2 Likes

A cool example of this was observing my little brother especially when he was very young. It was clear that the way he experienced himself and the world around was in the same naive way - soft, open, curious, delighting etc. He had this experience of himself as much as of the world around - naive intimacy is the word!

2 Likes

Wow this is really quite big, I can see this shifting around a lot right now, it’s very key to sexuality, to have that naive intimacy with my partner I am experiencing the very same thing with myself. It’s like being this big kid completely uninhibited in the intimacy with myself and the other.

To give myself permission to remove the conditioning in myself is key in order to be able to ‘gift’ this naive intimacy to another, I cannot have one without having the other.