James' Journal

It can be backed up by enforcement. For example, I can’t use an herb to help with my pain and enjoyment or else I can’t get the prescription drugs I need to survive and of course you have heard of law enforcement.

Yes, that’s true. We all live in relation to those forces. However, I don’t have to energetically respond to them as authorities. I make intelligent decisions to avoid inconveniencing my life, for example following local laws, but I don’t feel them controlling me, because I experience it as freely making a decision to avoid conflict with people. It strikes me as the most sensible to avoid conflict most of the time. However, that also leaves me free to ignore those laws when I think it’s sensible to.

Yes, this sounds sensible. This ties in to what Vineeto said about having no objections. I see that I need to have no more objections to become af.

Nowadays I see anyone acting the part of authority not as having any power over me, but rather that they’re stuck in a delusion that they are an authority. In that sense, they’re both causing an unnecessary ruckus to the detriment of overall peace, but they’re also themselves missing out on the potential peace they could be experiencing. My biggest interest is in finding an angle that I can show them that. Of course, most of the time no such angle arises.

Good luck on your investigation!

Thanks, it has really clicked for me to give up my objections in order to become af. I can’t allow it to happen if I am objecting to it.

The bottom line to my objections is they are nothing but memories. This leads me to believe that the ‘me’ itself is made up of memories or at least supported by memories. It doesn’t make sense to continue suffering because of memories. Richard said we are addicted to suffering which is the ‘me’. This is all because of memories. No memories, no objections, no ‘me’

Upon further observance I think it is more correct to say that memories stimulate the ‘me’.

1 Like

Objections to becoming af (continued) :
I am too old now. Struggling with skeletal pain and low energy. My time has passed.
Possible remedies: Pain Dr is sending me for MRI this morn and and MD has agreed to increase dose of my testosterone injections.
Good news: I’m still breathing which means there’s still a chance.
Reality: losing hope.
Actual: I’m still breathing.

As long as I’m still breathing it can happen. I’ve got too much to live for.

2 Likes

Well, you said “I take 50 mg of Pregabalin twice a day”.
Due to the rupture of a SECOND disc, until 1 month ago I was taking 600 mg a day, with all the side effects that entails (one was high blood pressure, which sent me to the hospital).

So they switched to different doses of Buprenorphine, but the maximum didn’t work either. They tried Tramadol, but it gave me a severe anaphylactic reaction, so they went back to Pregabalin + antihypertensives. Always additional to physical therapy, etc.
Now I am on another “cocktail”.

And I always observe the same: the emotional suffering is worse than the physical pain.

You may still have a long and successful road ahead of you (as I understand, Richard had his spondylolisthesis of L5 at age 24, long before he was even enlightened).

Good to hear from you Miguel. Sorry to hear about your extreme pain. I had an operation 14 mos ago for a herniated disc. Unfortunately, I have degenerative discs and the same problem is returning. My pain Dr is like the grim reaper. He said: It can only get worse. I had an MRI yesterday and will see what the options are. At this point I guess we are trying to manage the pain and stay on our feet.
The challenge is for us to become af in the face of this. I am working on getting back to feeling good. Not too far from it now. It is achievable.

2 Likes

Aah the pain diaries…I have much experience with this from the past 2 decades…when it comes to relief I found that a combo of 325 mg paracetamol + 100mg aceclofenac has worked like a charm…because my weight
is quite low, so even half of this dose works for me…I think there is really something to aceclofenac

Another thing I recall…Once after a surgery they had applied Nupatch near the site of pain…it would work pretty good for 24hrs…basically slow releasing Diclefenac

Once a week or so I take half of tramadol 37.5 mg + paracetamol 325mg…but I take it for mood enhancement rather than pain killing effect…It also kinda sedates me in a really good way

However I’ve also come to realize that the emotional suffering due to my gut issues for instance are way worse than say physical pains in my spine, disc etc

1 Like

Yes, I have used those drugs by usa names. I am using paracetamol now which is known as tylenol here along with pregabalin. I loved the pregabalin but have had to switch to a low dose due to side effects. I am managing to keep my pain level tolerable now , but as you know this is subject to change. I can’t get around much.
What kind of gut issue do you have? I use sauerkraut for my gut.

1 Like

My gut gets triggered often so I have to visit the loo but when I did all sorts of tests, nothing was found so its just IBS I’m guessing

Now I got a dna based gut microbiome test done and it seems there is an imbalance of good n bad bacteria(which in turn leads to inflammation)so I’m trying out all sorts of food n supplements to see if it fixes things

I realized that I have recently fallen into a self-fulfilling prophecy of failing health and shorter life due to age, chronic pain and Richard’s death.
I have now decided to adjust this outlook to: I expect to live a
long, healthy, happy and harmless life. Also, to get back to feeling good asap.
Also happened on ‘hygge: the Danish art of happiness’ which sounds sensible. It struck a chord and does not conflict with actualism. It is about focusing on the little things in life that bring you warmth and happiness like the coziness of a warm blanket. This fits in to my limited movement due to back pain.

3 Likes

Great news, I persuaded my dr to increase my testosterone injections by 25% starting yesterday and I woke up this morn feeling good and the chronic pain in my back was gone.

2 Likes

More objections:
I don’t want it bad enough.
It’s too late.

I just made an important distinction. It’s not about getting rid of the pain and then enjoying and appreciating. It’s about enjoying and appreciating even with the pain.

Yes exactly

And to be even more explicit: it’s not about enjoying and appreciating the pain itself. It’s about enjoying and appreciating being alive, as much as is possible, despite the pain.

Excellent point, the key to these things is to be specific.