Getting the Word Out

Indeed @Kub933, the DhO was always going to be people seeking a intellectual escape, rather than an actual one.

A few of those still are recalcitrantly here. :rofl:

I have had reservations about ‘getting the word out’ due to the low success rate of it and also the proselytizing aspect of it which I equate to religion. However, if Richard had not come to an old K list that I was on to spread the word then I would have never heard of actualism. This proves to me that getting the word out is a good thing.

2 Likes

What I’ve found in myself is that there’s a big energetic difference between proselytizing, where I have a stake in whether they ‘buy-in’ to my version of things, I want them to see that ‘I am right,’ I want them to be impressed by my big knowledge, my big discovery, vs. very simply telling someone something that I happen to know about and that may benefit them.

Many times I’ve fallen into proselytizing just because it is the most natural thing for an identity to do, but it does tend to immediately turn people off and ‘best-case-scenario’ I’m inflating my own ego by thinking I’m so cool for knowing about this or that. Very very gradually I’ve learned the differences and of course if I do know something that can benefit someone else, there’s no particular reason to avoid telling them! Who knows, maybe it will connect for them.

2 Likes

" Thatz Wattm talking about". If we want to be effective in spreading Actual Freedom, we need to be upfront with it’s goal ( EATMOBA) for it’s attraction, and stress the fact that this method is the only Treasure ( Richard’s words ) worth dedicating your life to ( because it will bring you ( and those around you ) Happiness and Delight ( like you have never ever imagined or even heard about.

But, But right away, we should stress and mention and be upfront with all the “real live” examples of why, the Method is at first might be hard to grasp and apply. And how to overcome these obstacles ( i.e. by coming to this forum and posting and getting help) . The AFT site and other material, makes it sound easy; but we know it’s not, And that is what we need to be working on in conveying to the new comers, so when and if, we catch a potential candidate, we don’t lose them to confusion, dissatisfaction and hopelessness.

I am a good example of that, I came across the AFT site( as per my Diary ) 21/2 years ago, and many times I was confused, frustrated and even more depressed and anxious. Luckily for me, for lack of hedonic distractions, I kept searching and searching ( on the Site and Slack) .

Introduction to AF method should be simplified, that’s is what I have tried to indicate in my Diary ( and I think most of your guys can relate to it, but for you it’s been “too far” in the past, to realizing that this is the real “stinker”!

I would definitely include something like this:

1= Do you want to be Happy All The Time [ for the rest of your like ]? By the way, this is the only Treasure worth looking for in this Only Life that we are given ), Without this Treasure, we all are only trying to “emotionally get by”, with various levels of success ( but mostly doing miserably, not because of fault of our own, but for what will be clear to you after knowing and applying this method, as to the cause of these miseries, but more importantly the cure for it, i.e. the Treasure)!

2=Treasure, as one would think, implies that is hard to get. However, this is both true and false. How so you might ask!

It is hard,
A.) Because you have to Dedicate Yourself ( called Sincere Intent - to be Happy and Harmless=HH ),as frequently as you can remember to do so( and initially you will forget a lot, but you will get back into being HH more and more often( and that will be rewarding and will propel your progress in the method more and more) , if you want to get this Most Worthy Prize!

It is Hard
B.) Because most of us are used to reading “how to” books and articles and we think if we can learn and gain enough knowledge, we can master the subject, as in all subjects, even psychological and spiritual . No, not for this method, studying is not enough, you have to have Dedication, not to only study it, but more importantly, to Apply the Method = HH over and over again, until it becomes a new and ingrained habit ( replacing the old, usual human state and habit of M&M = Misery & Malice or Sadness & Anger ).

It is Hard
C.)Because, assuming your interest is peeked, and you wanna know more about this Treasure, but the Method tells you, not only you have to aim to be Happy ( or at least Feel Good ), but to do it repeatedly and continuously [ and if you are not happy, you will have instruction as what to do, to become happy again] . But you are not used to being happy,( and you may not even know how to be happy, like I was) that’s why you are interested in this Treasure. Most of the people who have started and are successful in this Method, have been at it for a few years, and initially faced these “Hardship” as to how figure out and how to apply this method.
It took me many agonizing and confusing months to just understand how to “get to feel good”- don’t worry we have a forum to help you avoid this confusion and frustration.

We can help you, to get the answers, as to how, find the first few clews of “getting started” on this path-- and once you get started ( after passing the initial difficulties ) you will be able to apply the Method more and more easily, with more enjoyment, and you will progress with exponential and remarkable speed ( not to mention, that all the while, you are experiencing more joy and delight in all activities of daily life, regardless of your circumstances ) . And this is were it gets Easy and more fun.

Believe me, this method is not only Revolutionary but also Evolutionary in bringing Actual Freedom and Happiness to Humans. By the way, there is no prerequisite, for learning or trying and succeeding in this method. This Method was discovered ( by trial and error, over 26+ years) by an incredible individual named Richard, which I was delighted just to read his background and his dedication and altruism, to not only create the Method, which has proven results for him and several others, but “selflessly”, share it with the world ( almost 23 years ago), so others could also find the Treasure.

These are some of the Main Ideas, that I think should be included in an introduction/invitation to AF. Feel free to rearrange or rephrase these ideas, as I do not think, that is all easy reading!

3 Likes

Another idea, is to write a book, or a Ted Talk, with endorsed or engagement by a prominent social figure, e.g. Oprah W, or Tony Robins etc. etc. , so masses could be exposed to the idea, then we have a chance of catching a few more of those interested fishes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a curiosity I decided to make some google ads that lead to the forum. After 1 or 2 days the results are:

For 6 euros of spend!

I’ve used google ads before and am amazed how many clicks it generates so quickly. And on the other occasion I know they were real cause we had users start to take actions on the site.

The ads themselves might be a little… hokey… lol.

Anyway I’ll take it down after a few days, just curious to see what happens :smiley: .

I just updated it now to direct clicks to Welcome to the Forum instead of the main page… and I tidied up the pinned topics a bit.

More curiosities:

7 Likes

This is neat!

I understand that struggle… writing ad copy is hard

1 Like

Ad title;

“Feeling good, each moment again, come what may”

I am currently spamming the forum with this, may as well spam the entire internet. :rofl:

Or maybe “want to end it all? Consider self-immolation”

Or

“Are you an entity? Click here for your own demise”

“Flesh and blood only, 30 day free subscription”

“Peace on earth in this lifetime or your money back”

“Have YOU wondered why it is always this moment? Click here to find out”

:laughing:

5 Likes

Haha,

“Feel like ending it all? Try this first. Satisfaction guaranteed”

The old bait and switch.

Well I think the ads worked. The light blue color shows anonymous visits.

The campaign started on September 2nd. So it clearly drove more traffic here.

Lots of people seeking for the purpose of life clicked :smiley:

Overall got 86k impressions on the ad (!) and 473 clicks (!):

I’d say it was a success in driving traffic, but nobody interested enough to make an account and post. It’s probably not the ideal landing page also. So we can keep it in our back pocket for later :smiley: . I’ve disabled the campaign for now.

Google did claim running it for 3 weeks gets better results. Which might be true… but I think we save it for later when there’s a more concerted ‘get the word out’ effort lol.

2 Likes

Nice work. Might be counterintuitive but what do you think of using words like enlightenment, enlightenment alternatives, finders course and so on? Old Srinath found actual freedom looking for alternatives to enlightenment that were less of a grind :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It’s funny how different our vantage points can be @Srinath. I would’ve never had any interest whatsoever in enlightenment.

I was looking for something with more “bite” than what I’d found so far regarding what was actually true (or something to that effect) and the AFT was the only thing that cut deep enough to satisfy… if that makes sense.

2 Likes

a couple of days ago i was thinking about how the appeal can come from 180 degrees opposites.

for instance, as someone with more introverted and avoidant-dismissive tendencies, to me actualism made immediate sense and had a great appeal from the elimination of emotions and self-sufficiency points, which makes terms like “autonomy” potential great hooks.

on the other hand, i can see how a more empathic or loving person would rather like the “connective” aspects of actualism such as actual caring, intimacy, etc.

2 Likes

Oh, but didn’t you put in the ads the website (i.e. your article) as the landing page? Did you point directly to the forum?

It’s all cringe in my book. Happy and harmlessness is still an ocean away after all these years. Who are we to tell anyone about anything. If we want to put the word out then talk about the PCE and felicitous feelings as a category. The former is objective and there’s nothing in the self-help or spiritual literature. So bringing attention the PCE would be helpful. The latter would be helpful to anyone who likes psychology. And that may possibly domino if the right person is exposed to it.

The quality of discussions these days is “oceans” better than anything we had to read back in the day though.

I would be fascinated to have a flow of interested people.

I also cringe a bit thinking about the “after all these years” in my case. However, there is progress, and for someone with zero (or going backwards) progress, even reading something as simple as your observations the other day could be a game changer.

I doubt that. Maybe a questions about the AFT page but then the newbie has a dozen people chomping at the bit. It’s all projection. A newbie comes here and immediately everyone uses him/her to prove to themselves how much they progressed and how well they understand “actualism”. Cringe. I do like the idea of spreading word about the PCE and about felicitous feelings as a separate category of feelings, however. :man_shrugging:

That may be a problem at times, but I don’t think enough to say it’s not worth inviting new people here at all. Yes sometimes people get caught up in showing off more than in saying something useful, but I think by and large the quality of discussion here has been really good. I’ve personally benefitted from it many times.

Any reasonable human that comes here can determine for themselves if we have sensible things to say, and if the AFT has sensible things to say.

1 Like

You sure this isn’t you projecting?? :smile:

1 Like