Felix's Diary

Wow, that is awesome. @leila

:blush:

1 Like

Im still confused how 20 Iranians became interested in actualism @leila :smiley:. I think it’s a bit of a first in actualism for a whole group to become interested at once! Think we’d all be interested to hear more about how that came about if you care to share?

1 Like

Thank you @Andrew and @Felix and @Miguel and @henryyyyyyyyyy and everybody :blush:
I would love to tell you in details And from the beginning Felix :grinning:

When Frank bought me " I am that " book from Nisargadata Maharaj which he was been reading it for almost 20 years or so .I became interested in translating it and every night I did some of it .

Then We both decided to do the whole book .And Frank would spend 20 minutes every night recording his voice and translating the content of the book, and I would type the translations and do the editing part , and making sure Frank did not miss any part of it .And as I was doing so , I came across one of the Questioners words in I am that book , about "Daglas Harding’s " , so I mention it to Frank ,and he started to look it up on the internet and spend a few hours until " serendipitously " he found The Jewel of AF Website!
Once I started reading Richard’s writings , decided to translate the whole thing .Frank helped me a lot in editing the translations. This was 2 years ago .But we did not have any where to put in the translation for people .

I did email some of Maharaj translation to Frank’s brother Ehsan ,which he got very interested in them .
So Last Year we found out that we can open a channel in Telegram l opened two ,one for I am that book and one for AF materials .

And one day ( 3 month ago ) Ehsan told me he is reading AF translations and He loved it . He made me think about putting some of the AF content in I am that channel . And As I did so , people kept coming more and more form that channel to AF channel . And now that I am writing this post they are 40 subscribers in AF chanel …and 30 subscriber in I am that channel …

So I am very Grateful to Ehsan and Frank .They both helped me a lot to reach my goals . Many many thanks to @FrankN which did so many work on editing and correcting the translations .

And thanks to you Felix by asking wonderful questions .You are wonderful .And @henryyyyyyyyyy I did translate some of your wonderful post too .They are very helpful .Thank you guys for helping us in this wonderful Path …
@Srinath Thank you for the wonderful simple actualism website .so helpful for us ,and I did translate most of it .

3 Likes

I love this description Felix, It is so helpful when you ( or anyone else) gives the details of
and step by step way of getting to the next level.
Thanks Felix ( once again ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Felix

I have a request. When you have a chance, would you please review your earlier posts, and see if there is any suggestions ( or insight ) that you had at the time of those posts 3-9 months ago, and reply back to “yourself” in here in your own “Felix’s Diary”, if your perspectives or insights have changed with regard to any of those posts.

This would help and reassure me that your previous writings, which I am reading and following very closely ( thank you btw :appreciation: ) are still valid as you have progressed more and are more clear about the application and progression in the Actual Freedom method.

For example: I love and very much appreciate what you wrote below ( much clearer than anything that I have seen of AFT site)

Felix 1:08 AM
I am responding without knowing the full context here but I’d say that you can still be attentive each moment again - for example if you are going towards a PCE it helps to be able to notice the little triggers and feelings which are coming up for you. You can notice you’ve started going into imagination.
You can remind yourself to direct your attention to the senses. (edited)

Felix 1:17 AM
That description sounds right to me @John C.M.
So once you are feeling your feelings fully (being sincere about how you feel and not burying or running from anything),
you also have attentiveness at your disposal which can be used to suss out the triggers and beliefs,
as well as direct your attention towards the senses.
This is where attentiveness and sensuosity start to play into each other (which gradually crowds out ‘me’). [[ This was brilliant Felix, how did you figure this out ? ]]
Felix 2:07 AM
Not forgetting that the whole point of these various tools is to feel good and enjoy and appreciate :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Felix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @FrankN - I would encourage you to not listen to those posts. My diary is not intended as a teaching tool! I understand that it is sometimes written in that kind of format - humans love to share and tell others to do what they are doing haha. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but do you really want to take advice from someone who is not actually free?

I love and very much appreciate what you wrote below (much clearer than anything that I have seen of AFT site)

What did you mean by this by the way? You do realise that the AFT website is written by actually free people, and that I am not? :smiley:

In any case, I disagree with what I wrote in those posts. Sounds like I was regurgitating stuff @Srinath has said rather than talking from my own experience :skull: Even if you wanted a “formula” for precipitating a PCE then it would have to at least include felicity, as I think any of the actually free peeps will tell you. Felicity was absolutely required for my recent PCE to open up sensuosity/naivete and kick things into a different gear. That being said, there is no formula - so sincerity is your best bet (that includes being sincere about how you feel). In my experience the onus is completely on the identity to make this happen up to a point (like up the point of it being an EE), and then a momentum not of ‘my’ doing takes over. It is very benevolent.

3 Likes

And how to feel good?

Felicity occurs when you get out of the way of it :sunglasses::sunglasses:.

2 Likes

I do find it helpful to retain a kind of integrity of individual thinking when it comes to actualist discussions. There is a trap IMO in cozying up too much to established nomenclature and ways of thinking, as it’s fairly easy for feeling beings to copy cat that. Also, though I understand the need for the integrity of actualism to be maintained, I personally don’t see a need for homogeneity - I like the fact that Srinath, Geoffrey and Craig all have their own individual points-of-view. If anything it’s the disparity and differences which point to the non-cult nature of actualism, and if anything only further highlight the one aspect (the lived experience of the actual) which is common between actually free people.

Still, Iately I get the feeling I am kind of entertaining myself too much….I am really enjoying discussing, working etc but keep myself highly stimulated all the time. It’s good but it’s a long way from the purity of the PCE. I think I may be getting up to some tricks with that :smirk:. The acute empathy which I was feeling in the days after the PCE, as well as the residual background excellence, has dissipated - and I seem to be accepting third best generally by keeping myself “well fed” feelings-wise as a fallback position. I think this includes my interactions here, where I seem to be having an impact on people of being a bit bullish :grimacing:.

3 Likes

That is beautiful and well said Felix. I have not seen anyone else point this out so explicitly.

Not at all Felix. If anything your posts and responses, not only to me, but also to others, has been very helpful and heartwarming. As far as I can see you are the rebel of Actualism, meaning you have dared to voice your concerns with the method and even presentation and Richard’s advise ( that was given to you). Those kind of criticism ( if I could call it that ) has been helpful, because it shows me that Actualism if not easy to apply ( or direct people toward, other wise Richard would have done it- at one point it seems like Richard, had the revelation that “Now”, was the answer - which shows probably there is no “short cut answers” ).
So far from above: 1. Actualism not a cookie cutter approach 2.Actualism not easy to apply - this is
very helpful for me to know, because it shows me that I am not the only one who has difficulties with the process; and that the process and the progress is incremental. And this last point, keeps me engaged and motivated to try harder and not to give up ( as has been encouraged by so many of you wonderful actualist here).
So please keep posting @Felix and don’t judge yourself, just EAATMOBA :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your enthusiasm and appreciation @FrankN. That being said, I wouldn’t call myself “the rebel of actualism” (:joy::joy::joy::joy:) although….that does sound kind of cool :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:. Good thing I’m on the lookout for good feelings, otherwise I could become overly enamoured with such depictions and having you as a fan! :crazy_face:

Not sure if you know but I’ve had personal contact with Richard and Vineeto (and Craig). When I meet them, I would not say that much of the interaction involves me pushing back or protesting the things they say. It’s much more cooperative than that, and more friendly as well. They know I want to become actually free and they do their best to contribute their expertise in that area. There can be tangential things I disagree with but it’s not a big deal - to me or them.

By the way, R&V have themselves said to me that becoming virtually or actually free isn’t easy, so 2. is not a point of rebellion. As for point 1, I doubt they would say that it’s a cookie cutter process either - especially because one must start where one is at. Everyone’s process so far has been fairly individual.

2 Likes

The way Richard put it to me is funny. He said the final step of actually self immolating is easy - dead easy - but everything leading up to it is not :smile:.

5 Likes

That’s reassuring to read!

1 Like

Peak experience report from yesterday:

“I am experiencing sensuosity off the charts today! The level of enjoyment is so high - this world is more magical and wondrous than I had ever given it credit for. I feel minimised compared to the pure enjoyment coming through the senses. Like being so awake and alive, with minimal problems! And the easy purity and intimacy with my friends and the world is indescribable. Will see how things are tomorrow but wanted to report it while it’s happening :slight_smile: I’ve never experienced this in such a stable way before (7 hours in so far), and without it having the nature of being a “trip”, or an escape. It’s inherent to this earth, not a trip - and definitely nothing to escape from. Truly nothing is as it seems - and never has been. Unbelievable!”

Few other things I remember:

• The perfection experienced was a property of the world itself, including the friends I was with - everything was perfect, like being in heaven/paradise.
  • I remember peoples eyes just being more indescribably jewel-like than I would ever have thought possible. Looking at them in the eyes looking at me was unspeakably wondrous.
  • Everything was indiscriminately interesting and enjoyable - including the fluff on my friend’s hoodie and a camera I was looking at lol. The beach and sky were also absolutely amazing as well.
  • the world looked more foreign, more amazing, more unknown etc than I have ever seen over a longer time period. It’s clear reality completely obscures being able to perceive the universe as it actually is. So exciting!!

Overall I’d characterise this as an intimacy experience (my first ever), but I think it also dipped into being a PCE at some moments as well. I was interacting socially all the whole which was somewhat distracting.

1 Like

Sounds great @Felix! Could you write a little on how the experience came about if possible?

Sure! It came about whilst on a camping trip with friends.

Camping is great - no wonder it’s such an actualist activity haha. Really slows everything down - away from computers and phones media. You get to enjoy the natural world, spend long amounts of time doing virtually nothing (ie sitting in front of the fire or chilling at the beach).

Anyway, it all started at the supermarket. I had been feeling a bit foggy in my brain lol so had spent a couple of hours prior looking at my mood, looking at what was there. By the time I got to the supermarket, it really just grabbed my attention how bright and colourful everything was. It was tasty haha. Big difference from previous trips to the supermarket where I’ve reported feeling dread when trying to pursue sensuosity.

Something about the way I was looking at things made sense, and I was able to lean into that even more (not sure what the mechanics of it were it just happened). At this stage everything was just easy but nothing “special” was happening except feeling good. But I continued in this vein of enjoying sensuously and headed back to the campsite - then me and my friends decided to head to the beach.

Thats where it came on much stronger (going from inside to outside, or from one environment to a new one seems to activate my naïveté and enjoyment). I was walking along and all my friends looked perfect, and the strangers I passed by as we walked - it was as if I was in an unknown land or in heaven or something. As I looked into peoples eyes walking past us it was just incredible - there was no distance at all.

I found I was at no other space and time than exactly where I was - it was not relative to any other places or times (ie I did not feel close to the campsite or close to anything, I did not feel any anticipation of what was coming or remembrance of what had been). This moment itself was too perfect to be able to even consider or be distracted by those notions.

Later on sitting at the fire back at camp, the usual way I perceive myself relative to the environment was not present, and this lack of barrier was immensely wondrous. The world looked completely foreign to me, and nothing about what I was perceiving was hooking into a felt sense of ‘me’ at all.

I am having peak experiences more often these days but there is no technique to it that I could describe. I would say there is a “knack” that I am developing, but that’s a result of experimentation, following my instincts (that’s just an expression obviously!) and gradually failing towards it.

2 Likes

Awesome @Felix, I am a little unsure on the term ‘peak experience’ as it seems to be an umbrella term for various extraordinary experiences.

I did a search on AFT and Peter wrote :

“The term ‘peak experience’ is an all-encompassing phrase … a ‘catch-all’ term for many and varied experiences, a generic term used for a wide variety of exceptional experiences, which can range from nature experiences to feelings of great love or beauty, from pure consciousness experiences to epiphanies, Satoris or full-blown Altered States of Consciousness.”

My interpretation of what you wrote here

Is that you are referring to : PCEs, EEs, heightened states of naiveté, wide eyed wonder, intimacy experiences etc?

Actually this experience came to mind when thinking about ‘peak experience’, it seems a similar flavour to what you wrote about. It’s the first paragraph of the below post, it was very extraordinary and lasted for hours, it was not a PCE but it was very special - Contemplating self-immolation

Hey @Kub933 :slight_smile:

I use “peak experience” because the various experiences I have had have varied slightly in overall quality, so I don’t want to be overly definitive about naming them in that sense. When I refer to peak experiences I am meaning either an Excellence or Intimacy Experience, or a PCE. This recent one had intimacy and perfection as the strongest elements.

I shared my report with Vineeto and she said it sounded to her like a PCE. I said that I wasn’t completely sure because of the aspect of intimacy being so prevalent - wouldn’t that mean it was an IE? I believe she said in response that PCEs can also have particular flavours. That seems right because this was definitely an experience of perfection. I would say it was dipping into being a PCE but the baseline of it was an EE which provided the stability/longevity of it.

In any case I am not too fussed about being extremely definitive when it comes to this topic. That level of distinction and exactness is important for people coming to actualism (ie understanding that it’s not about spiritual experiences or ASCs) - but I never have ASCs so it’s not really a problem for me. Excellence Experiences and PCEs are both incredible and having either is fantastic in my opinion!

I would even say that having ASCs is better than not having peak experiences at all. It shows that the person is experimenting and travelling outside the bounds of everyday experience. That being said, it’s obviously important to understand in that case that one is off track!

Re your experience you linked to - it’s just great that you are having those kinds of experiences :slight_smile: There isn’t a better experience to be had on earth and here you are having multiple of them! And many more to come im sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes I agree about classifying the experiences which is why I was interested as to your use of the word peak experience. It seems that once purity is tasted then one knows whether an experience is on the right track, there will be different components that stand out in various degrees but they contain the same basic flavours.

It’s especially interesting what Vineeto said about different flavours of PCEs, I have wondered this in the past because it seems most of my PCEs had different components that stood out.
What I am also wondering is just as with basic actual freedom vs full actual freedom (where to a newly free individual the direct experience of infinitude might not be accessible at all times) is it that a PCE can also vary as to which components are being experienced to what degree?

It seems there is a breadth of experiences that all convey the flavour of perfection. Just going from memory now these come to mind :

• Full blown PCE’s, (even within these though it seems different components might stand out)
  • What I call flashes of apperception - where for a very brief instant (usually no more than a couple of seconds) there is an experience of unmediated perception and perfection is apparent.
  • Rememoration - Sometimes it seems like a memory of a past PCE is serendipitously unlocked and all of a sudden the experience of perfection and purity floods me, this is also very brief and sometimes I cannot tell if it is a memory of perfection or if it is being experienced now, I guess the answer is that the memory of perfection leads me to actually experience it now.
  • These long lasting EE’s where everything is so magical and fairytale-like that it gets difficult to discern if its a PCE or not.
  • Sweet intimacy experiences - Seeing that I am not separate from the rest of actuality, these always seem to convey a flavour of sweetness and safety, closest I can describe it is the first time taking MDMA! but this doesn’t really convey the magnitude of it, it is like being completely enveloped and locked in paradise.
4 Likes

If you did not perceive a self, it was most likely a PCE

1 Like