Andrew

It’s fascinating to contemplate that a decision like this, to feel bad, is being made!

Thinking about the Free Will question, with the information I just read by Kuba and Josef, it’s already different.

A decision is already being made.

So in short then, it’s a matter of “getting down” to where the decision is being made. Being that

2 Likes

Or even more so seeing that you are already ‘being’ that, actually seeing this in action.

1 Like

Right. As Josef said, there is a split going on, which then turns to victimhood.

I already feel lighter. More together. (Calmly feeling it out)

The information that decisions are being made to feel bad has made all the difference.

Very quickly too.

I can see that the automatic decisions to feel bad this last week added up to a shit storm of feeling completely bad.

There was the dating app itself. I hate them.

Specific decisions to feel bad were happening.

When I met her, I wasn’t attracted. There was awareness of this, but no acknowledgement that I felt bad. And so on…

The more I pushed past each semi-conscious decision to feel bad, the more that decision was split from anything I could understand easily, besides the obvious lack of attraction.

I chose to keep going, further into the relationship out of a optimistic actualist ethic of beauty is part of the problem whilst ignoring the growing bad feeling.

The cool part is that the decision to post here was also automatic.

That “part of me” is indeed all of me, really. It’s that I didn’t know what I know now; I am always deciding to feel something.

That’s a radical perspective. That a ‘self’ is a decision. A very “deep” , ancient, and powerful one, but a decision.

I like it a lot.

1 Like

Feeling good. General sense of well being active.:exploding_head::partying_face:

I am feeling really good.

So encouraged.

I haven’t had a complete turn around like that for a long time.

It feels deep.

Like what Kuba and Josef wrote was a missing key.

I am also excited.

What else can this key open?

2 Likes

This is the most powerful question I have come across in actualism;

“What has already been decided about how ‘I’ feel right now?”

So much easier to ask impersonally.

No blame, no credit.

Sounds like you’re saying that you are not responsible for how you’re feeling right now.

Yes, that’s exactly what I am saying.

Why are you not responsible?

This is fantastic @Josef, I keep coming back to it.

@jamesjjoo I mean in the sense of blaming myself, or giving credit to myself.

Obviously, I am the one who “takes responsibility” , in the normal way of saying things.

Thanks @henryyyyyyyyyy. I’m going through some tough feelings right now and I’m also coming back to it :sweat_smile:

I’ve got it wired up that ultimately I am responsible for how I feel each moment again.

So,

It turns out that I am upset about my financial situation.

The house I built, I lost.

I was never good with money, and still am not.

I observe people being great with money. Others crap with it.

I didn’t want to post last week. I don’t want to post now. However, something always happens for the best when I am communicating.

I have a friend who stayed broke all the time because he wasn’t saving any money. If he had it he would spend it. I told him to start saving x amount and now he has a lot of money. He started making a habit of saving. Usually due to ones upbringing they are spenders and not savers. If one makes a habit (discipline) of saving 10% or 20% they can build up money over time.

3 Likes

I read a book a long time ago named ‘The richest man in Babylon’ and the way he became rich is by saving 10% of everything he made when he was a slave and when he was a king.

1 Like