Adam B's Journal

Hello all,

This is Adam Bieber. Wish I could change my username to Adam but I picked mine on a whim. If there is anyway to do that, please let me know.

I thought I would begin a journal because while I am not too fond of replying on threads, Actualism is still of great interest to me. I put it on the back burner (and continue to do so) for the last few years because I have material desires that are extremely strong and I want to fulfill. I realized that I must fulfill these desires, some very practical but I think a journal is a great way for me to discuss my thoughts and experiences regarding life, the universe, and actualism.

I have had a handful of PCE’s and see those experiences as what is possible.

So, I will start my first journal entry musing on happiness. For a long while, I placed a high bar on happiness maybe confusing it with delight. Now, I see that happiness is more in line with simple consistent contentment and pleasure and the absence of sorrow and malice. I see it as more attainable as such.

I also find this “Unless one is willing to contemplate being happy and being harmless, virtually free of malice and sorrow, 99% of the time” line from Richard to be a thrilling challenge.

Pure intent has always been my strongest “skill” or better yet stable companion. I can use it to be happy and harmless more often. As a reread lines on the actualism website, I have new realizations that seem to come from more life experience.

-Adam

2 Likes

Thanks for the intro Adam!

It is done! Both adam and adamb were taken though. Lmk if you want to change it.

And: welcome back!

A helpful distinction for me was to distinguish between happiness as a passion and happiness as a mood. It’s impossible to be passionately happy for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But to maintain it as a matter of mood and even eventually character, is eminently attainable.

1 Like

What if you allow it to start to take over the reins a bit?

Good to hear from you! I’ve been wondering about you for a while now.