Actualism flow diagram

I like that one alot!

Visually, it has the method at the top centre.

It flows better.

But, yeah. Keep them all!

I have found looking at them and the discussion like a “seminar / workshop”, and the different versions and refinements are drilling it into my visual memory. :+1:

Heya, do you have or know any resources or writings on this? On cultivating / allowing / discovering naïveté etc

I like the “older” version, because it clearly separates and “demarcates” the Actual World from the Real World ( left and right ), and by being shown Vertically, it also drives home and symbolizes the “down pouring” exponential(like a waterfall), effect ( progressive success ) of applying the Actual Freedom method over and over again.

Besides that the only suggestion that I would have is change the color of the 5 prominent reddish squares ( I drew blue circle around them) , to a more “neutral” color, as these Red colors looks very intimidating and scary ( especially when zoomed out ) to the “uninitiated”.

Again, thanks @claudiu . BTW, you last reply to my previous suggestions, was so comprehensive and eye opening, that I felt like, I had “the Book thrown” at me ( it was like I was “schooled” in how to apply the method for an unbelievable refresher course). /////////// And as I have said before, you “actual people” never stop to amaze with your clarity and over extending generosity ( and the joy of what you are doing, living this life, shines through your expressions on these seemingly simple pages of discuss.actualism! Salute :slight_smile:

p.s. I think that what you wrote to me in your reply ( I just read it again, and enjoyed it again), should also be definitely added( as after you mentioned it, I remembered that Richard stressed this point very early on) "How it is vital to see that this moment is the only moment of being alive, the only moment that is ever actual - and that it is always this moment. And also Sincere Intent, because that is the big “macarow” , the “Grand Daddy”, the ever needed “jump starter”( and it includes the Prima Facia also) if you will.

3 Likes

I think having 2 versions might be the way to go. The other day I scrolled all the way up to the very first versions of the diagram and as much as there was a lot of info still missing, there was also a simplicity to them that to an extent has been lost now.

The more advanced versions of the diagram are great for someone who wants more specific answers/scenarios addressed so it should stay.

But I think at the same time if this is included in the resources we should also include a very much simplified version of the diagram.

This way there is a more digestible version that can be used to gain a general idea of what to do and will be very easy to run through.
Then also the more advanced version which might address some specific questions one may have.

:joy: and as I write the post @claudiu does just that!

I’ve incorporated @Miguel and some of @FrankN 's suggestions here:

actualism-v11-v6-draft1.drawio (1)

Also added a few more quotes related to pure intent!

I reached out to Vineeto and she said she’d be happy to link to the diagram. I made a resource page and will ask her to link to that, where a post is edited to have the latest version of the diagram, so as the charts get updated she won’t have to update the link each time.

Her suggestions were to add the notes at the beginning and the end, which I’ve incorporated as well.

About the red colors, I am torn – on the one hand I like the call-outs having the same color as the relevant topic. On the other I see what you mean about it being ‘scary’. But on the third hand, the point isn’t to be afraid of ‘good’ or ‘bad’ feelings – but rather to embrace the fact that we experience them, to not try to suppress it, etc. To which end, it might end up working out and be helpful, as the text in the red parts is not ‘scary’ but rather helpful :smiley: .

Keep the suggestions coming in! I don’t appear to be near the end point of being willing to keep improving them :smiley: .

1 Like

Awesome! I think maybe change the name of my diagram to something like - Bare-bones flowchart, I think its probably the most simplified version other than @henryyyyyyyyyy’s more visual depictions.

Test post

Can people unpin the diagrams topic? I want it to be pinned for new members but don’t necessarily want it forever on top for all time. I thought when it is read it unpins automatically but it isn’t for me …

EDIT: ah found it :slight_smile:

Very good Claudiu. In the very Top Blue Box, after the words
"you dedicate yourself"- you might want to add in ( Sincere Intent )
:slight_smile:

Ok! See the new version :slight_smile: . Also not sure if you saw the box about sincerity on the bottom, to the right of the ‘see the silliness’ quote

Other changes:

• Made the non-quotes double-bordered to distinguish
  • added a piece that PCE can also happen spontaneously
  • moved a few things around

actualism-v11-v6-draft3.drawio

2 Likes

I finally had a proper good look at this latest diagram and its awesome I really like it, the text boxes are great, lots of useful information in there and they really clarify all the steps.
For example I never quite understood the quote which comes from ‘set it aside’ box, the one that talks about activating delight. I was never quite sure how I would go about activating delight if I am feeling stuck but the way its presented on there with examples makes perfect sense now, so I just got something new from reading over the diagram once!

I think this current version definitely gives one enough to make a good start with applying the method.

The only 1 thing I cannot quite understand is why there is a red arrow coming from see the silliness and into feeling bad? Is it that whilst attempting to see the silliness I might end up getting more triggered?

3 Likes

Also the 2 steps now which allow one to move from feeling neutral back to feeling good are like the missing piece to my previous understanding.

So one either ‘adjusts’ oneself back to being felicity/innocuity via rememoration, (the more advanced option which becomes easier to do with time and practice)

Or one applies the basic step of finding the trigger and seeing the silliness.

Awesome!

Yea exactly. It happens in my experience. I am feeling caught up and stressed about some issue. I get back to neutral. I identify what caused me to stress about the issue. And then while evaluating It to see it as silly I find myself fully in the whirlwind of stress again. So then I have to rinse and repeat … and if it keeps not working then I set it aside.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense, I think the problem was that I took the arrow coming out of the ‘see silliness’ box to imply that the silliness has already been seen. But I can see that there is essentially 3 possibilities from the ‘see the silliness box’, :

1 - silliness seen
2 - cannot see silliness
3 - got triggered again by looking

1 Like

Beautiful!

Wow! @claudiu you have done it!
This looks awesome . I just have to look a little deeper to
find a few new suggestion ( just kidding ), because you have spoiled us with your generous and open compliance.

Cheers :slight_smile:

And now we have a link to the flowcharts from the article page :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Putting a few of the banners together may elucidate this point:

• Enjoyment and appreciation are facilitated by feeling as happy and as harmless as possible.

This says that enjoyment and appreciation - that is, the actualism method itself - are facilitated by feeling as happy as harmless as possible.

Hi @Claudiu, is the below point somehow “high lighted” on the diagram?, I was surprised to just read that from your own older post! It was a shocker again for me.

That means that feeling as happy and harmless as possible is not the actualism method. It merely facilitates the actualism method - it makes it easier to enjoy and appreciate.

This may be hard to accept at first because of its utter simplicity and counter-intuitive nature. What do you mean that the method is to enjoy and appreciate? I thought the method was to do all this stuff (realizing this moment is the only moment of being alive, a firm awareness of ongoing feelings, a deep-dive investigation into feelings, eliminating/minimizing the social identity, minimizing ‘good’/‘bad’ feelings, maximizing felicitous feelings, being naivete, etc…), all so that I can enjoy and appreciate!

Not so. All that stuff - which is well worth doing by the way - is not the actualism method, but rather, it’s that which worked to allow feeling-beings in the past to apply the actualism method.

This means that, so long as you are enjoying and appreciating being alive, you don’t have to do any of that stuff! Of course sooner or later you will find yourself sidetracked by this or that and then it does indeed come in handy to realize this is your only moment of being alive, pinpoint the moment of stopping to feel good, seeing how silly that is, and thus getting back to feeling good and thus enjoying (which is what the actualism method is). And, once there, you may find it sensible to investigate (not the actualism method itself) so that future occurrences of the same don’t sidetrack you again (so that in the future you can continue to apply the actualism method more consistently).

Further, it means that whenever you are not enjoying and appreciating, you are not applying the actualism method.

It is amazing just how much it takes to get this point. It took me maybe three years since my first exposure to actualism? And then I forgot again until this year. It took me two trips halfway around the world for this point to stick =P.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why only the green box of the diagram is labeled the “actualism method” :slight_smile: Note that everything else (pinpoint moment of not feeling good, seeing the silliness, investigating) is outside of that green box.

And that’s why the diagram provides the quotes that enjoying & appreciating being alive is the actualism method.

I’m not sure it could be any clearer!

I am going to read this everyday, “until the cows come home” ! :slight_smile: