The Psychic Battlefield

Yes, it will. Mathematically, it will at the very least make a 1/8,000,000,000 psychic effect of ending ‘humanity’.

It’s all you can do. Why does it have to be more? It is everyone else’s birthright to live as they choose, so the filthy playpen of the ‘real’ will remain open for business as long as there are those wanting to remain rotten.

2 Likes

From least to most obvious:

1. Richard asserts that any individual becoming free contributes to a weakening of the overall psychic ‘balloon’

2. By becoming free and reporting one’s experience, one is one more person validating that the actual world exists, which would give any future aspirants additional confidence that it is possible for them, too. This is especially significant if it leads to many more people becoming free one day. We still have an opportunity to be among the first 10!

3. Even walking past someone on the street we are exchanging ‘vibes’ with them, if you live someplace where you pass numerous people then you are effecting, at a subtle level, the vibe of the entire place you live. I think people underrate the effect that these kinds of vibe-interactions have.

4. Your interactions with acquaintences and those who you’re closest to undergo a transformation, resulting in greater ease in the interactions and thus directly improving their lives

And for grounding purposes, the stakes in all this are that humans continue conflict as we ever have echoing into the past, one only has to read the news to see the terrible things people continue to inflict on one another. Yes I’m sure you’re not inflicting the worst things on others, but by contributing to the vibe landscape, we’re verifying the reality which keeps the conflict itself alive.

I think it makes a difference!

2 Likes

Maybe this will help: where would we all be if nobody had ever become free? Probably not even knowing the actual world exists. So Richard becoming free certainly helped…

How helpful was it that Peter and Vineeto became free? What if Richard was still the only one? Well they showed us it was really possible for others to do it…

Ok how about Srinath and Geoffrey? What if they never succeeded? They showed us you don’t gotta have been hanging out with Richard for years to succeed…

Ok now now would it be if you too were free? :wink:

1 Like

Exactly, well said.

What if I only ever benefited a single person?

Considering I have very little I can actually benefit anyone with now, to actually benefit someone else by helping them become free would surely be a 100% / immeasurable improvement on my current helpfulness.

How about none? Just this body?

I like the low bar method of considerations in this regard. If I were to have a high bar, isn’t that just bargaining?

How about in my case, I am no longer a “all talk” father? Regardless of what my sons decided, they would have the “actual deal” sitting in front of them.

For me this specific difference was HUGE when I came back to actualism after some years off. Because when I first found actualism it was only the first wave that did it, at the time it seemed Actual freedom was meant only for old Australians in the company of Richard :laughing:, it seemed an impossibility that someone like me could do it, a normal young person, not living on a boat and the rest of it :stuck_out_tongue:

When I came back to see that this Srinath guy who I saw years back on the forums has now become actually and that there was also this other normal dude called Geoffrey who did it, it was like a much needed slap to the face, like “look it was possible all this time whilst you were wasting your opportunity”

3 Likes

For me, I had witnessed Srinath and Jon getting into some random heated argument about Che Guevara, right in front of me, in Australia. And then to see years later that Srinath did it and I hadn’t yet … was wake up call !! Haha

1 Like

It’s a funny one because each one becoming free will always say something like “if I did it so can everybody” and yet somehow ‘I’ never feel special/good enough that ‘I’ could do it.
Like all these other guys must have had some special juice in them that ‘I’ intrinsically lack. Of course this is a perfect excuse for never having to actually do it, but I am starting to see this as completely incorrect. They were all simply dudes/dudettes like me and you.

1 Like

The exact impression from chatting with Geoffrey a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Yes I’ve certainly thought about this perspective before. It’s straightforward and sensible. I’m trying to approach it from the psychic “perspective”. That is, the feeling is that I would do anything if it meant that my action would effect all of humanity. That’s the feeling that I genuinely feel. When I think about this then I start to really feel the sorrow of humanity, it makes me want to do something about it. But I also have this belief/feeling that there’s nothing that I can do to end that sorrow. Maybe my approach isn’t right.

It will, but you can only change yourself.

Richard: “There is only one person in this whole wide world that one can change … myself. This is the most important point to understand thoroughly, otherwise one endlessly tries to change the other … and as there are billions of ‘others’ it would be a life-time task with still no success at the end. If one grasps that the way to peace-on-earth is by changing oneself – and oneself only – then all of one’s interactions with others will undergo a radical transformation.”

It’s butterfly effect. Right now, it’s still early days. It will be 30 years since Richard became free in 7 days time. That’s still very recent. However there are potentially 10s of thousands who have read about it. Who knows what is brewing out there.

‘Your’ sacrifice will inspire your allies here, at the very least. Would you do it knowing that may be the extent?

Funnily enough, I had to work backwards from these exact considerations (what would my sacrifice mean? What’s in the way?) to see that I need to have more joy (en-joy-ment) to have any chance of seeing more.

Maybe you are motivated like so many others are, wanting permission from others. Only able to enjoy when it’s with someone else, almost through their eyes. Like Brooks in the movie Shawshank Redemption, who when released as an old man can only take a piss when he has permission.

It’s all the same anyway, “giving oneself permission to allow ‘self’ immolation” is the same class of decision as “giving oneself permission to allow feeling good/enjoyment to happen”.

So far, the math seems to be one becomes free, then two. Then another one, then two. It’s almost a Fibonacci sequence.

However when 3, quickly become free, then 5, then 8… It’s exponential, but in a relationship of the immediate predecessors.

1 Like

Have you ever seen sheep being herded?

One will split off. If the dogs can’t get them back in, 2 will follow. Very quickly, the flock is split.

With actual freedom, those who leave the flock are invisible to the dogs but not the sheep. We see them, chatting casually, living their lives freely. Snowboarding, having kids, living on a houseboat, some disappearing over the horizon.

2 Likes

It sounds like there’s a thought chain “I want to do something about this” → “I can’t do anything about this”

Why can’t you do anything about it? That seems worth exploring. Sure you won’t single-handedly rid the earth of suffering, but you can contribute.

There’s something self-defining about progress where if it works, it works. If it doesn’t, you’re definitely missing something. It’s just a question of tracking down what that ‘something’ is. Usually our own thoughts betray what it is precisely.

2 Likes

Talking with Geoffrey, he was clear that for him, and any free person, the feeling being did all the work and had ended humanity, in it’s entirety, for them.

I have been musing on this point. The hierarchy I had in my feelings about actually free people being at the top of the actualism pyramid. They aren’t. It’s each and every feeling being equally at the top of their own personal reality.

They do the work. Whatever hierarchy exists in actualism has only ever one person at the top (and bottom); the individual.

1 Like

However vast our feeling is of humanity, it is never any ‘bigger’ than the individual.

Even if there was only a single human generating ‘humanity’, all our evidence points to it being just a ‘big’ as when 8 Billion are generating it.

In all those experiences I had leaving Christianity, it seemed vast to me, yet, each experience was me. Me. Me. Me.

How big am ‘I’?

1 Like

Ah got it. The answer is that it would but I don’t know how to explain why haha. But it’s part of the experience of pure intent, that this is no small thing, it’s radical, it will change everything … this is an aspect of it.

It’s like “you can’t argue with the real world”. Part of that deep sorrow is the belief (via felt experience) that it’s immovable. If you kept going that way then you’d eventually have compassion for humanity and then want to save everybody … and then eventually you’d become an enlightened saint :smile:.

What I would suggest is try it again but this time maintain pure intent throughout. Pure intent will show you how sorrow can be ended. Then maybe you can see how it will impact all humanity !

1 Like

It would affect all of “your” humanity for sure.

But it seems that “you” want to affect their humanity more than yours…

Yes, probably “you” want to end that sorrow more that yours…

One of the reasons “I” feel that way is that deep down “I” don’t feel part of them, part of humankind. I feel special, different. It’s logical because I feel an identity; “I” am an isolated identity. “I” don’t feel humankind as a whole; “I” can’t; It’s just a projection of “my” sorrowful humanity, to which “I” do have direct access. So that sorrow is not “my” sorrow, and wanting to end that/their suffering is probably a way to avoid ending “my” suffering, which would put “me” at existential risk.

It’s probably like wanting to suppress the projection that a projector projects, without turning off the projector.

2 Likes

Oh my word, absolute gold. , :melting_face:

1 Like

@Miguel Well said, the most important thing is to end my sorrow.

1 Like

That post has been copy and pasted into my notes.

It’s left me with a mortal wound; a hole in the back of my head. :exploding_head:

Fortunately, I don’t think I am going to recover.

There is no need to end sorrow. When we believe that Santa Claus is sad, cheering him up does not solve the problem.

There is an ancient Zen story:
“My mind is not pacified. Master, pacify my mind.”
“If you bring me that mind, I will pacify it for you.”
“When I search for my mind I cannot find it!”
“Your mind is now pacified.”