Shank's Journal

This may have the opposite effect perhaps because a feeling being “person” under distress is likely expecting feeling caring as a balm on their bad feelings…stuff such as consolation, sympathy, pity, empathy etc…On the other hand, to actually care for the person would mean that they don’t have those bad feelings in the first place…aka one is about elimination of the problem vs continuing the problem via bandaid solutions firmly within humanity’s coping mechanisms

I was thinking like a more ‘entry level’ manifestation of this kinda stuff :joy: As in instead of caring for the relationship (something that does not actually exist) to focus on the person in front of me.

So I was thinking about like how do I care (in an actualist sense) as a feeling being.

I see different paths here, one is the tried and true one of investing myself into the relationship via love and all the other beliefs and values that I need to give credence to in order to sustain this relationship. This one eventually doesn’t work as we all know, someone ends up hurting one way of another. Maybe I give myself fully to them via love only to end up crippling myself, and then in the end being malicious to them anyways because of resentment, jealousy etc

Then there is the one of feeling good, intimacy, autonomy and caring - which can start as a matter of fact consideration for the person in front of me. So then I was thinking how do I orient myself towards this second one successfully.

Love can only be directed towards an illusion, it requires that entire construct called ‘relationship’ which is being continually fed into. The other person in this scenario is also seen through a lens, like Richard says Love is a bridge between 2 illusiory entities and it sustains their illusiory nature.

So to ‘get all of this going’ I can start focusing on this actual person in front of me, to care enough to have an interest in them and to interact from that place. From that place I will also begin to notice that what I was calling ‘caring’ in that loving way was actually something very self centred.
I also begin to notice that in order to actually care for another I cannot cripple myself (as I inevitably do with love) because the end product is my malice towards them. So I notice that caring for the other entails caring for myself also.

So from there the direction becomes clearer, I must commit to feeling good and to autonomy, because from that place I can begin to have a keen interest in another (in a way that is not self centred), from that place caring and consideration can flow.

1 Like

The other thing that eventually came up for me is that if I continue with this caring I start to see that the others emotions cannot be the focus of caring. By giving credence to the emotions and beliefs of another I am not caring for them at all, I am reinforcing the very habits which cause them harm.

So it is possible to care for another and at the same time not to give credence to any of their BS. Whilst at the same time not being driven to change them though! :joy: It seems like some riddle in a way lol but it is also perfectly sensible.

2 Likes

That “end product is my malice towards them” is so relatable… :laughing:

Indeed caring begins with oneself :

Richard : Anybody can be sincere (about anything) – all it takes is seeing the fact (of anything) – and in this instance the perspicacity born out of the pure consciousness experience (PCE) ensures sincerity in regards to enabling the already always existing peace-on-earth into becoming apparent. The basis of such sincerity lies in comprehending the fact that caring starts with oneself – if one is incapable of caring for oneself one cannot care about others (or anything for that matter) – lest it be a case of the blind leading the blind.

Richard : There is a vast gulf betwixt feeling benevolent (with feelings such as pity, sympathy, empathy, compassion and so on) and actually being benevolent (free of malice). Similarly, the concern one feels for others (worry, distress, anxiety, grief, anguish, torment and all the rest) is far removed from the actual interest one has in one’s fellow human being’s welfare (free of sorrow).

1 Like

That second paragraph you quoted made a little flip happen in my head. It’s actually really fascinating to contemplate this, the 180 degrees opposite nature of these things.

What am I actually doing when I emotionally care for the others anxiety, stress etc? Am I not ensuring that they continue being sorrowful? How on earth could this be caring when it ensures their continued suffering? It’s like it’s all back to front. To nurse someone’s sorrow is to apparently care for them and I am nursing the very thing which is making them suffer…

But of course how can I stop giving credence to others sorrow when I can’t even allow myself to be free of it? So indeed it has to start with me. Otherwise I am lost in my own sorrow, feeling that I am caring for others by reinforcing their sorrow also, the outcome of all that is utter madness and that is the normal way.

3 Likes

It seems there is something really key here, a bit that I have been missing with regards to becoming actually free.

This thing of caring for the other and caring for oneself sort of merging to become one and the same thing. For how can I actually care if I am not free myself. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it seems there is something big here to see.

To actually see that the most caring thing I can do is to become actually free. I don’t see it right now, I am still stuck in some dichotomy of either doing it for ‘them’ (morality) or doing it for ‘me’ (circular). Although strictly speaking both the morality and doing it for ‘me’ are circular in that they circle ‘me’ right back to ‘humanity’ lol.

3 Likes

I had one thought in this regard - By becoming free, I can demonstrate by direct example, that its possible to be free and so it can have a ripple effect for others and then they can also get the confidence to do the same…I speak from personal experience here - one of my only friends left here to whom I spoke about Actualism was wondering about the efficacy n validity of Actualism to which I could only tell her that you can see all this once you have a PCE but then she went on to say that “Dude, get free first n then teme” :joy:

In that OFC DVD, Richard says something like this to Vineeto “…and come all the way here into the actual world…you will give them the ultimate help they’ll possibly need. They may not want it…but thats their business…atleast you are offering the ultimate help…and what better way to help one’s fellow human being” (just quoting from memory)

1 Like

It’s because of vibes / the psychic web. Anything you feel, they pick up on. It’s for the same reason that being around the free people is a breath of fresh air

As long as ‘I’ am around, there’s the possibility that all the sorrowful, malicious, loving, compassion will come out, which are harmful - to them AND me.

The perfect life is right there, but we humans are too busy on this other project of ‘being’ this ‘person’

1 Like

The Feelium keeps triggering and investigation sometimes get overwhelming but sensuousness is where it gets all cool when it happens.

So I was amazed at such a seemingly simple thing as hearing involves these many sub steps. This is still a bit in brevity but captures the overall essence…and all this happens at what breakneck speed moment to moment

This entire “society” is a massive imaginary construct…and it runs on a fictitious clock that goes imaginarily from second to second, minute to minute…Sunday to Monday etc…

Practically speaking it is useful of course but no such time is actually flowing…in actuality it is perpetually this moment…No Saturday or April or 15th or 2023 exists…and neither is it flowing to Sunday April 16th 2023 …Its kinda freeing to be free of this “human” time…I’m not able to a put a finger on it yet, but there is a sense that a large part of delusion is sustained by this “human” time

5 Likes

Ah nice, what you wrote @Shashank finally clicked something for me. Richard has talked about it in one of the DVD’s - the human measure of time being simply the measure of movement between objects. And also Srinarh mentions in the simple Actualism about time being domesticated in order to synch up working schedules etc.

I had this thought just now about some hunter gatherer tribe back in the day and I realised they did not have a Monday-Sunday, those things simply didn’t exist back then haha. So it’s not that they now exist as an actuality, they are something like useful conceptual constructs but somewhere the jump happens where ‘I’ make them real, implying that they are out there. ‘I’ then exist in some apparently genuinely existing Mon-Sunday continuum.

A bit like that post I made in combating the wisdom of the real world about the sub atomic particles. These things cannot be genuinely discovered because they are ultimately constructs of the mind.

So there is the ‘human time’ which is a construct, a useful one. And there is actual time which is this eternal moment, it has no measure though.

I wonder where maths comes in here because it seems to me to be of the same nature, it is a construct of the mind, a very useful one. But ultimately it does not exist out there, rather it is a creation and projection which the human intellect is capable of doing.

And this is all fine, it seems the issue is that ‘I’ being immaterial turn these concepts into some ‘thing in and of itself’ and believe them to be some genuinely existing entities which underpin the actual/physical world.

And the cool thing is that now I’m seeing this enormous ‘human world’ that is a construct of all these things that ‘I’ exist within. ‘I’ feel to be something fundamentally split away from the actual and so ‘I’ also exist in a world that has all these forces/mechanisms that are equally split away from the actual, like this parallel world of all things metaphysical. The nice thing is that chipping away at this metaphysical world has the effect of bringing attention to that which is actual and that is a movement towards the ending of separation.

2 Likes

Damn this is really quite a big one the more I look into it, it makes sense that Vineeto wrote that being fully actually free she can only describe the universe by borrowing from Greek mythology.

It’s like that entire lens of constructs which ‘I’ make into a ‘thing in and of itself’ disappears. Then the direct experience of actuality is that of a world PRIOR to any identifications, an undivided/indivisible world.

I’ve experienced that world briefly and it also makes sense why it is a magical world, a world of never ending wonder, one that cannot be imagined, believed or conceptualised because it exists prior to all of these ‘human measures’.

4 Likes

I was sitting outside looking at the trees and birds flying around, the grass and weeds, clouds floating by and had the thought “there is no artist behind these forms”.

I was thinking about “art”; how art is generally about our inner world. A world of feelings. Concepts. The actual world of forms doesn’t have artists.

5 Likes

haha…I seem to have missed this part from the AFT…Can you share a link ?

Yes, …Its so there right always “behind” a veneer and its a raw and unadulterated world prior to all the feeling-fed labels get applied.

Interestingly you mention the prior angle, because I had been contemplating all this from the “raw unadulterated world” angle from a few days and a thing struck me from my earliest memory of childhood.

The memory I have is from when I was around 3yrs old and I remember the vast night time sea right behind our then house in Mumbai and I remember playing around that area…what struck me is that that experiencing was a kind of an even more “purer PCE” of sorts because at that time I didn’t even know that this was one of the seas on this planet Earth which I was experiencing in this city called Mumbai…and I didn’t even know at the time what I was doing was called playing…all of these cognitive labels didn’t exist…Once we grow up and get a PCE, even though the feeling fed memories stop, but there is still a cognitive labelling ability that can be used…as a child even that wasn’t present !

But then this cognitive labelling is useful…it will be a regression to go back into that childhood “purer PCE” as all these labelling etc is useful for day to day living lol

I’m also reminded of how Richard had initially not used the term PCE but went about calling it a Jamais Vu experience due to that strange never experienced before novel quality to the experiencing…

[Richard]: ‘… that [jamais vu] is how I first described what I would now call pure consciousness experiences back in 1980-1981. (…) while jamais vu (‘never seen’) is not so common as déjà vu (‘already seen’), it can be just as compelling. Jamais vu is the opposite of déjà vu: instead of being extra familiar, as in déjà vu, a familiar situation seems totally unfamiliar. The world of people, things and events are experienced as for the first time … there is little or no connection between long-term memory and perceptions from this moment. When a person is in this state nothing they experience seems to have anything to do with the past; everything suddenly becomes novel, totally new.

3 Likes

http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/actualism/vineeto/actualvineeto/sydney.htm#:~:text=VINEETO%3A%20It%20is%20the%20experience%20of%20infinitude%20and,at%20them%20and%20let%20them%20dissolve.%20Infinitude%20is

Since then I experience myself as what I am, not just this physical body but with particular qualities to the experiencing which to my own surprise I called ‘what I always wanted to be/what I have always been’ even though I have never lived it. For an analogy of how I experience what I am at core I have to go into the Greek mythology where people’s imagination had populated nature with nymphs, inherent/chthonic to springs or trees or groves. This experience of myself is very light and playful, as if living naked in the wilderness, utterly on my own and undeniably undefined by either people or events. I described it as being innocence personified. Sensuosity, sensuality and sexuality are as much part of what I am just as sexuality and abundance are happening in nature everywhere. As such I am no different to a tree, a rock, a spring, a mountain or a distant star and can truly say that I am the universe experiencing itself as this flesh and blood body. I am here to play, play in this abundant effervescent universe, innocent for the first time, carefree in gay abandon, forever fulfilled and exquisitely aware each moment again of the magic of both nature and the wonderful intimacy that is possible with another human being.
Needless to say that I am having the best time of my life…

1 Like

Yes so I was looking at it all in a similar way as what you describe with your childhood PCE.

It seems like there are different ways in which a human can interpret the world, there is the distortion which comes from the affective faculty and then there is this conceptualising ability of the human intellect.

The distortion coming from the affective faculty is calenture, it’s like a big nightmare trip so nothing useful there lol. Also what this distortion does is it kinda latches onto the intellectual concepts and makes them real, in doing so it takes them out of their proper context (for example being stuck in some time continuum).

Then there is this conceptualisation that is not arising out of calenture but neither is it actual - for example maths, cause and effect, the industrialised time etc.

These things are not actual, they are words we ascribe to certain patterns which our brains sort the sense data into.

Then it seems the layer underneath all that is raw actuality, the stuff that is actually here independently of human intellect OR affective distortions, this stuff is only experienced directly at the senses.

The emotive philosopher/ poet identity

There is this identity I am which reads/ hears some cool lyrics of some song or some great quote by some dope philosopher and it triggers some deep chord(generally the tone is of sadness) within. Along with that is a feeling “oh how deep I am to experience this” and then revel in all this…also feel like sending n sharing these with others so they get how deep I am lol

While instead sincerity is to see n understand such lyrics n quotes from the Human Condition angle and be free of them…that it’s all one whole mass of suffering looping into itself forever

2 Likes

Sitting at the airport with pleasant air conditioning and a soft tune playing…along with a bustle of people and the safety of this place, I am still feeling a bit anxious n worried for some unknown reason…perhaps it’s because of too much frenetic activity of people or the constant background sense of missing the flight lol duno

But then investigating a bit further I realized one thing - a large part of this worrying anxious behaviour is because it’s my ticket to belong to humanity…by having these feelings, I will remain “human”

It’s so backwards…by worrying I want to feel safe by belonging…yet that worrying itself is the unsafety :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

In some of the obituaries I see in the News, they tend to say stuff like “He/she was a devoted, loving, kind etc person”…essentially a “good” person…so there is a feeling that these are values to live up to and uphold, so that likewise shall I be remembered …

It is as if after death I will be looking at people praising me as a “good” person

But these are all real world values and besides it’s delusional to think that I will be around as a floating consciousness which will see people praising me hehe

1 Like