Quotes

Actually, it’s in context of your observations; rather what is my own talent and what requires work.

Somethings I am naturally good at, whilst others not so much. It doesn’t have to be hard work, rather the clear knowledge of as you say “template vs fluid” allows for a more gentle and customised approach to oneself.

1 Like

SUBSCRIBER NO. 10: Could you describe any differences (no matter how subtle) between actual freedom and PCE’s?

VINEETO: It’s not subtle at all.

The PCE always had a ‘WOW’-factor, which happens when the identity (in abeyance) comments on this body’s experience of the actual world.

SUBSCRIBER NO. 10: Ah, No. 10 be puzzled again. How can the identity comment on the PCE when it is in abeyance? Or are you saying this: 1)PCE happens, 2) self comes back and comments on PCE, 3) PCE starts again (or it doesn’t start again).

VINEETO: [Dictionary Definition]: Abeyance: A state of suspension or temporary disuse; dormant condition liable to revival. Oxford Dictionary

I am not suggesting that the PCE stops and starts but that experiencing the crass difference between being normal (remembered by the suspended identity) and experiencing the actual world in a PCE expresses itself as the WOW factor which is not there when one is actually free. There is simply no such comparison in an actual freedom (everything is just perfect) unless one listens to normal people that is.

VINEETO: In an actual freedom this ‘WOW’-factor is absent – everything is just ordinary and magical at the same time.

SUBSCRIBER NO. 10: Yes that makes sense. Though I’m still wondering how you and Peter know you are actually free when Pamela had a 5-month PCE and came back to being a affective being.

VINEETO: I am aware that you have also asked this question in several previous emails – Richard will reply to it elsewhere.

What I can say for now is that at the moment when time stood still forever (because the identity that kept count of real-world time had disappeared) I knew exactly what had happened. The stillness was so stunning, so solid and so self-explicatory as to be utterly magical and I was very well aware that there was no identity sitting somewhere in the back corner like in a PCE. It was an altogether different experience to a PCE, the finality of it was undeniably evident.

I would even go this far to suggest (as it has been the case for me) that once one becomes sufficiently aware of an identity still present in a PCE (albeit in abeyance) a full-blown PCE is no longer possible. For that reason alone I was utterly certain that what I was experiencing was not a PCE – it never even occurred as a possibility.

4 Likes

RICHARD: The fundamental characteristic, or nature, of the universe is its infinitude – specifically having the properties of being spatially infinite and temporally eternal and materially perdurable – or, to put that another way, its absoluteness; as such it is a veritable perpetuus mobilis (as in being self-existent/ non-dependent and/or self-reliant/ non-contingent and/or self-sufficient/ unconditional and/or self-generating/ unsupported).

Having no other/ no opposite this infinitude and/or absoluteness has the property of being without compare/ incomparable, as in peerless/ matchless, and is thus perfect (complete-in-itself, consummate, ultimate).

And this is truly wonderful to behold.

Being perfect this infinitude and/or absoluteness has the qualities (qualia are intrinsic to properties) of being flawless/ faultless, as in impeccable/ immaculate, and is thus pure/ pristine.

And which is indubitably a marvellous state of affairs.

Inherent to such perfection, such purity, are the values (properties plus qualities equals values) of benignity – as in, ‘of a thing: favourable, propitious, salutary’ – and benevolence (as in, ‘being well-disposed, beneficent, bounteous’, and so on) and which are values in the sense of ‘the quality of a thing considered in respect of its ability to serve a specified purpose or cause an effect’ ~ (definitions from the Oxford English Dictionary).

And that, to say the least, is quite amazing.

[footnotes available on AFT]

3 Likes

Nice! I was thinking about all this and the quote is the perfect summary of it all.

So the cool thing is that reading this in the past seemed like a bunch of words that didn’t really make any sense, I couldn’t see how one followed to the other.

Reading this now it makes very good sense, like it seems to be an accurate description of how things actually are.

However the 1 thing that still didn’t clearly follow was the last step into the values of benignity and benevolence.

So infinitude/absoluteness into perfection into purity makes complete sense, that last step into the values still has some sense of anthropomorphism when I read it.

I can kinda get a sense of it as in a universe that happens to be all these incredible things can only be a ‘well inclined’ aka benevolent universe.

2 Likes

I think it has to do with “everything is exactly the way that it is” = “everything is perfect” = “Everything is in the right place for everything to happen / everything functions the right way for everything to function”, which is the same as benevolent/benign

I partly posted this here because I noticed the definitions of benevolent/benign were slightly different than the ones I had been seeing previously

Peter on benevolence:

In the actual world, benevolence is a palpable and innate disposition of the growth force to attain the best possible result in any situation. At its simplest level it is readily seen in plants, as each does the best to adapt, survive and thrive in different situations. In animals, this tendency can be seen as a more sophisticated reaction as the options for action, mobility and adaptability are increased in a more complex life-form. In human beings, with the marvellous intelligence of the brain operating, we see this innate benevolence at its most stunning. The technological developments in agriculture, health, communications, transport, services, etc. all move inexorably and inevitably towards more comfort, more safety, more pleasure, more leisure and more ease. This is benevolence in action, the direct result of the human brain in action – the only intelligence in the universe – and has nought to do with any Gods, Energies, Intelligence, Force or the like.

2 Likes

I think the word ‘propitious’ goes a long way to explaining the whole thing too:

pro·pi·tious

adjective

1. giving or indicating a good chance of success; favorable.

“the timing for such a meeting seemed propitious”

I like how he progresses from the large facts, through to the intimate.

As in, what’s in it for me! :rofl:

It is altruism that allows the sacrifice in the end, after all! In other words - utter selfishness :stuck_out_tongue:

‘I’ sign the permission slips

Wait how did you arrive at that @Andrew ?

I mean this bit

Benevolence and Benignity is only relevant to conscious entities.

Well, the whole lot is relevant, full stop. But I mean the “universe on my side” aspect is important to both ‘us’ and us.

Infinite & Eternal= Perfect by default= Benevolent and Benign. It the last one that is most important to me.

1 Like

“What the question ‘How am I experiencing this moment of being alive?’ – which ‘he’ formulated back in early 1981 – meant to ‘him’ was ‘Why is that experience not happening at this very moment?’ or ‘What is preventing that way of being here occurring right now?’ or ‘How come that wondrous world is not currently apparent?’ (and so on and so forth).”

-Richard

2 Likes

“Unless you have an intent or reason for asking how am I experiencing this moment of being alive you will have neither the motivation to make it your first priority in life nor the impetus to overcome the reluctance to admit to unpleasant or undesirable answers.”

-Vineeto

1 Like

“ …to be naïveté itself is to be the closest one can come to innocence whilst remaining a ‘self’ (innocence is where ‘self’ is not) whereby one is both likeable and liking for herewith lies tenderness, sweetness and togetherness, closeness – whereupon one is walking through the world in a state of wide-eyed wonder and amazement, simply marvelling at the magnificence of this physical universe’s absoluteness and delighting in its beneficence, its largesse, as if a child again (guileless, artless, ingenuous, innocuous), with a blitheness and a gaiety yet with adult sensibilities (whereby the distinction betwixt being naïve and being gullible is readily separable), such that the likelihood of the magical fairy-tale-like paradise, which this verdant and azure planet actually is, becoming ever-so-sweetly apparent is almost always imminent.”

-Richard

1 Like

“But it does take effort, commitment, drive, ambition, stubbornness and sheer will power to get there. I called on every one of those attributes whenever I needed them. I remember talking to someone about meditation and he said dismissively - ‘Well, what you are into hasn’t even been proven’. That was enough to plunge me deeper into it; a sense of ‘bugger you, then I will prove it is possible’. And if it is possible for me to do then, of course, it is possible for anyone.”

-From Peter’s Journal

3 Likes

It is the quality of pure intent which pulls one forward with impunity … pure intent transforms into action one’s determination to live a life full of gladness, peace and harmony with oneself, with a person of the other gender, and with all peoples.

To dare to be me – to be what-I-am as an actuality – rather than the who ‘I’ was or the who ‘I’ am or the who ‘I’ will be, calls for an audacity unparalleled in the annals of history … or one’s personal history, at least.

3 Likes

"And once in a while I would come across fear and I would either wait until it went or ride on the thrill that the fear brought.

But the danger was to let it fester into doubt. Doubt is the very ‘self’ rearing its ugly head again! In the end I knew that whenever fear would come up, I was on the right track - I was tackling fear, wearing it out. And, of course, it is but a mirage that soon disappears, and I never had more than I could deal with at one time. But do be beware of doubt - the alternative is to freeze in the headlights and suffer a slow fearful death as the years ebb by. Get it over with quick, was my motto. And what an adventure! It beats parachute jumping."

From Peter’s Journal

3 Likes

“It does take a certain courage, tenacity, stubbornness and bloody-mindedness to strike off on one’s own to discover and investigate.”

-Peter

I’ve always liked his use of ‘bloody-mindedness’ here. This isn’t polite sfuff. Gloves are off.

2 Likes