Push notifications

I got that notification!

Well, I think it’s good enough for now. It’s late in Argentina and I still have to do some things. Can we continue tomorrow?

1 Like

Of course, Miguel. I appreciate the time! Until later.

1 Like

Write me a private message when online and have time

Will do. Cheers.

1 Like

If you use the app (on iOS) you get a ‘bubble’ on the icon to say you have unread messages. Not sure how long it takes to show.
Pleased to hear it is not just me who can’t find out how to enable push notifications on iOS.

1 Like

Oh, good.

1 Like

We’re not going to get push notifications on iOS unless we rewrite the iOS app in order to enable that, or buy a hosted version of discourse instead, at least AFAIK.

I’ve noticed the badges on the app icon are a bit hit and miss; some days I get them and some days I don’t. I had 4 unread messages now, for example, and had no badge. Yesterday I had one. I’m going to leave this as yet another iOS mystery :sweat_smile:

We’re not going to get push notifications on iOS unless we rewrite the iOS app in order to enable that, or buy a hosted version of discourse instead, at least AFAIK.

Yes, that’s what I’ve explained to @rick here Push notifications - #3 by Miguel.

That’s why I was pleasantly surprised that at least @Alanji received notifications (even if delayed…).

Yes, my bad, just wanted to clarify it (side note: the iOS app refused to load all previous posts, I could’ve sworn that you’d written about this but couldn’t find it, now I know) since the discussion was on the table again. I blame my fever entirely :joy:

No; until actually free :wink:

Oh, @emp, now I noticed that I read “forever”! :smiley:
Mine must have been the most incomprehensible joke ever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Things make sense now. I was worried about my own comprehension there… but let’s blame the fever :grinning: