Origin of resentment to be here

In my experiance one starts to stagnate by putting the one over the other, though there are periods when one needs to focus on only one part - the one that is lacking. Speaking personally I always tended to focus on the outer, the impelling movement, which may be a hangover from my spiritual days.
In the last two years or so I discovered that I had neglected my “inner qualities” which was very important for me. I just couldn’t progress at some point without acknowledging that these qualities play a major role in the process. Without my innate capacities of naivity, curiosity and felicity I would have no chance whatsoever of ever becoming actually free. Pure intent is what guides, but it can’t do jackshit without my allowence. For others it could be exactly the opposite experiance of course. The may focus on inner qualities without the impelling “help”, the purity and innocens of the actual world, which will not deliver the goods either.

1 Like

Hey @Kub933, yeah I was pretty sure you meant both - just reading it I thought it might sound to others like putting a lot of onus on something outside oneself.

To my mind, that outside help only comes along at a certain level - where one is already enjoying and delighting, or where pure intent is active, or where an EE is in progress, or where there is a transition into a PCE .

At levels “below” that, to my mind, the onus is completely on the feeling being, even if you could say that the universe is helping (which technically you can say about everything, given the feeling being is illusory).

I like to think: “It’s all in my hands and my hands alone.” I’ll let the universe worry about it’s part, while I focus on mine haha.

After all, the purity you reference is already extant, including under the noses of the 6 billion other people on this planet - and it’s certainly not doing the work for them. It’s ‘me’ blocking it, so only ‘I’ can undo that.

@Felix I should say as well that the reason I wrote that post which you quoted was to use it as a thought experiment to demonstrate that resentment is fundamental to being. I was essentially using that post to make a point, it wasn’t meant as any sort of prescriptive advice, I think this is where the initial confusion began.

So I guess a good follow-up question would be, in your experience at those ‘lower levels’ where the feeling being is on one’s own, is it possible to virtually eliminate resentment?

My experience is that at the lower levels, without a connection to purity, ‘I’ am somewhat stuck (in terms of eliminating that fundamental resentment) because ‘I’ am rotten to the very core. And of course I do everything I can to improve ‘myself’ and this will change things for sure. But to go further into eliminating resentment I need a way out of that fundamental stuckness of being. And it seems it is the experience of purity which diminishes that fundamental resentment because it offers a way out of separation. And this can be accessed via pure intent so I don’t have to wait for a PCE or self immolation to taste this ‘way out’.

2 Likes

@Kub933 I agree to an extent that in absolute sense, resentment and being are linked - hence why the method of “enjoying this moment of being alive” is eventually enough to ELIMINATE the feeling being, which is kinda hilarious. Enjoying this moment is a killer!

However, I don’t think it’s necessarily helpful to think of resentment as being “fundamental” to being. Maybe we are at cross purposes because I’m talking about the basic resentment for being here, whilst you seem to be talking about a more absolute form of resentment, which only the absence of being can nullify?

I find I can still enjoy this moment as a feeling being. I can still say YES to being here. What’s the method about if not that? And that will of course open the door to peak experiences, rather than keeping the door firmly shut based on a limiting belief that only outside “purity” can do it.

@Kub933 My experience is that at the lower levels, without a connection to purity, ‘I’ am somewhat stuck (in terms of eliminating that fundamental resentment) because ‘I’ am rotten to the very core.

I am curious about this part though. Is it really the case that when feeling bad (which is what I meant by “lower levels”), you would be stuck without a “connection to purity”? Wouldn’t that just be doubling down on the basic resentment (ie “yes life really does suck, there’s no way to enjoy it unless Im connected to purity”).

@Kub933 I guess a good follow-up question would be, in your experience at those ‘lower levels’ where the feeling being is on one’s own, is it possible to virtually eliminate resentment?

Are you asking this to me or the group? If you are asking me, I would say of course it’s possible to virtually eliminate the basic resentment - what is the actualism method initially for if not that? If you are talking about a more fundamental resentment which only disappears in the absence of being, then I could maybe agree with that (“the burden of being” or something like that).

It’s hard over text to compare our experiences though unless we were to write back and forth for the next three days lol.

Personally I would struggle in a mental framework where I am either experiencing a “connection to to purity” or fated to resent being here. I prefer to think of every moment of resentment as an opportunity to feel good instead (which may or may not allow an outside purity or delight to manifest).

Just my thoughts @Kub933 I’m not trying to shout you down here :sweat_smile:.

Maybe you have a strong and more active connection to pure intent happening for you, which is making the process of experiencing purity relatively easy. Are you finding it easy to achieve?

I think this pretty much sums it up :joy: there is so many things to clarify here that I don’t really want to keep going back and forth over text. I’ve had lots of good zoom calls with the guys lately so I’d be down to compare notes on this thing via zoom if you’re interested? Maybe a few others would wanna join like last time as well.

Actually I just randomly came across this ‘pure intent depiction’ again, I wonder if this could help to clarify what we have been discussing here too - Depictions of Pure intent

Specifically Purity ‘trickling’ down from the actual and then being tapped into via Pure intent or at the lower level a sincere intent, with even the felicitous feelings having a ‘flavour’ of it.

My proposition is that this is the primary ‘feature’ which allows a movement away from resentment, because at each step one is getting closer to that purity and thus separation is diminished, and this begins at just feeling good, as the felicitous is an imitation of the actual.

1 Like

I had forgotten about that diagram… Very interesting indeed, @Kub933.

Yes I definitely want to join any zoom chat you guys setup.
Should we make a thread, with tentative time for possible upcoming Zoom meeting?

Thank you Kuba and Felix for going over these concepts and subtleties.
It is very helpful to see all sides of this ever evolving journey of Actual Freedom
from human condition.

My update report: I have been making fairly good progress and am able to
feel good for longer and longer time periods.
One thing that has helped me ( and I am amazed that it is becoming a habit and
almost like second nature ) is the awareness of how I am feeling each moment most of
the time , and being able to catch myself if I am “selfing”( preoccupied with self concerns )
and moving away from feeling good, so then I can actively reorient myself back toward feeling good.

Of course reading posts here on this forum has been most helpful, and
specifically related to this thread ( " [Origin of resentment to be here" ), I am not feeling lost, frustrated and confused as I was 2 months or even a couple of weeks ago.
So I am very happy and patting myself on the back as Srinath had suggested.

2 Likes

Ok cool, I will be sure to let you know next time one is happening :+1:

Hey, cool diagram @Kub933 .

We might be talking about two different sides, the decision of the identity to do something and the outside help that is given me nice that decision is made.

Personally for me, I’m not at a stage where I can access a connection to purity each moment again without falling off the wagon into bad feelings. For me it creates a more stable experience to focus on feeling good, rather than accessing something more esoteric or advanced

I find that when I try to go for a different goal beyondfeeling good, such as accessing purity for example, sooner or later the good/bad feelings knock me off my perch. That might just be where I’m at - needing feeling good to be stable for now.

And yeah would be up for participating in a chat online sometime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes this is my suspicion, two sides to the same coin which is applying the method but yes let’s do a chat and we can discuss much better that way, I think it could be fun! I will make a thread and see if anyone else is interested since @FrankN also wanted to join in.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Felix, and sharing with sincerity.
I wonder if others e.g. claudiu, Elgin, kuba, etc. and perhaps ( geofrrey and Srinath in there pre-AF state ) could comment about this.

What sort of comment are you looking for @FrankN ?

Accessing Purity vs concentrating on feeling good .

The only comment I would make is that it makes no sense to me to separate feeling good and allowing purity into some dichotomy and especially to see it as feeling good vs allowing purity. Bearing in mind that feeling felicitous is an imitation of the actual, how could I be feeling felicitous and not allowing that purity to whatever degree. And how could I be allowing that purity without feeling good. I think this is where the pure intent diagram posted above might help to illustrate this. Although it could be what @Felix mentioned, perhaps it is once a connection is made to pure intent that those 2 can no longer be separated, experientially I cannot differentiate between the 2. The choice to feel good for me is the choice to allow purity and vice versa.

2 Likes

Ultimately I don’t think it matters how you slice it for yourself personally @Kub933. Although we are putting things into words here, what we are describing in terms of our psychological experiences is pretty complex! I think going along the journey, everyone is going to have a different map in their head. For you this “allow purity” thing is mapped and sounds like a great pointer for you.

I’m not saying there is no link between feeling good and accessing a deeper level of naïveté/sensuosity (which I’d say is necessary to “access purity” as you put it), but I do think it’s possible to feel good in a basic way without doing that. Again if you’ve had recent PCEs and such, you might be able to go further all at once!

For me personally as I said, feeling good each moment again is a big enough goal for now. I think if I told myself to “access purity” as a goal - I’d start to lose awareness of how I felt emotionally and start deviating from feeling good. That’s just me though - I’ve gone back to basics and just made feeling good each moment again my goal. The beginner approach essentially.

How do you go with “accessing purity” each moment again @Kub933?

2 Likes

Reading this is very helpful and a good reminder.
Hi Felix, do you do this via “How Am I Experiencing This Moment of Being Alive” ?
Any further pointers that you have, would be appreciated again.

It’s as simple as asking HAEITMOBA, realising if I don’t feel good (or appreciating it if I do) and tracing back to when I last felt good!

This usually shows up whatever the issue is - which as I see as silly or put on a “it doesn’t really matter” basis. Sometimes there is still traces of other bad feelings - for example I might see I’m a bit irritated about being tired or something like that, even though the trigger was a different issue. My goal is to maintain a clean feeling good.

Its clear to me now that no matter what, it doesn’t make sense not to feel good emotionally (regardless of anything that might look like an issue).

Question for Felix or anyone else.

I find myself aware of feeling good and a few moments later I catch myself daydreaming or thinking about something. And that seems to take away to some degree the feeling good that I had prior to
the to that daydream or thought. I may not even be feeling bad, but I have lost awareness of feeling good. Is that something that needs to be addressed ?

Are we “allowed” lol, to daydream or think, or “should” our awareness stay on HAIETMOBA ???
So we don’t get distracted ???

RICHARD: Basically imagining means forming mental pictures of objects that are not present or situations that are not happening … whereas the actual is marvellous beyond one’s wildest dreams and schemes.