Kub933's Journal

But if you really want to see this written down - yes if @Sonyaxx is being held captive by some all powerful maniac who has 100% controlled for all the other eventualities and loosing an arm keeps her alive, then yes bye bye arm.

Thanks babe :hugs:

2 Likes

Reminds me of the classic question “would u still be with me if I was a worm” :joy::joy:

The question is would you be human sized but a worm, or a worm sized worm :joy:

Hmm, no.

Not a moral question or competition.

I am not trying to win a argument or trying to prove your or my selfishness. That goes without saying that we are utterly selfish.

It’s simply a question of straight forward comprehension of death, and what sacrifice means.

Not saying this from any position of authority in actualism obviously, rather that I have been around a lot of death.

Which you may well of experienced too.

The two main points were, 1) whatever you fear you will lose dying, you will lose long before nature takes out the body. 2) It’s not an illusion this side of that decision to die, as far as I have read.

Ok, I do remember going through this whole thing of - how do I become altruistic, until I realised that it is a silly question.

What I found helpful was realising that by the very nature of being a self I have all the qualifications for altruism, why? Because altruism is not a quality to be developed but rather something that is intrinsic to being a self, it is an instinctual action just as selfism is.

Just like I never had to learn or develop the ability to protect myself at all costs (selfism), I do not have to do anything in order to have the capacity for altruism, it is already encoded. It is the situation which dictates altruism/selfism and not the self.

This is the whole thing of something outside of ‘me’ which provides the reason which activates the already existing potential for altruism.

Anything other than that becomes morality, “let me be a really good sacrificial person and then I will self-immolate”, like I collect enough points on my altruism scale and then I’m ready to self immolate. But of course it can never work this way as morality comes from within ‘humanity’, it will never be used to end ‘humanity’, only something outside of ‘me’ and outside of ‘humanity’ can activate such an action - which means ‘I’ do not have to be special for it to happen.

2 Likes

And once this is seen then it becomes clear that all these ‘sacrifices’ like - would I die for my child, would I loose an arm for a stranger etc are moral dilemmas, to pose these questions is to try to score some points on that morality scale as if that will ever lead to anything. It’s all extra stuff that is unnecessary.

2 Likes

This is what I said.

I think that what Claudiu said regarding pure intent is applicable; that it allows for a complete acceptance of me in all my rotten to the core glory. What does a completely accepted person do? The very best they can. Is this morality now?

If the altruism is in ourselves already, then why haven’t we done it yet? Selfism, right?

So, one has zero ability on one side, and 100% ability on the other?

Seems very arbitrary and also convenient.

There is only one you, and that you is going to do it.

2 Likes

Altruistic sacrifice. What are you sacrificing? A rotten self? You are offering up the equivalent of a dirty tissue.

Good question.

1 Like

You are in luck, @Sonyaxx. After more than 25 years of marriage, I have just negotiated with my wife not to expect more from me than a couple of fingers…

1 Like

The trick is head scratches and assisting him in Elden Ring :joy:

1 Like

Cheeky.
If that’s all she’s getting from here out, is it all over then?

The universe gives me a push, it’s up to ‘me’ if I catch myself or not :slight_smile:

I hope not! I hope she gets my immolation as the supreme “partner sacrifice” (Instead, she’s still getting “my” love -even though it may not be the love she would like, but still…-)

1 Like

Fantastic to hear, Miguel. Well then, here’s to her receiving in the near future a lot more from you (i.e., the supreme partner sacrifice) than what you’ve presently negotiated.

That said, it’s wonderful that she be satisfied for now with just a couple of fingers. Mine seems to require an arm and a leg each month. You are the better negotiator! :saluting_face:

I don’t think this is totally fair. Some ground work has to be laid between the moment of first ever hearing about actualism / having a PCE, and the moment of becoming free.

The selfishness is when we stall when there is a next step to be taken. Sometimes that next step is investigating this or that, sometimes it’s just feeling good, sometimes it’s reading more of the AFT, sometimes it’s figuring out how to have a PCE, sometimes it’s generating more pure intent.

And the odds of becoming free get higher the more of those ‘next steps’ we take.

Sometimes the next step is “allow yourself to become free.”

Blocking that is the same selfishness that blocks any of those other steps.

2 Likes

It’s not obviously about whether one is selfish or not; one is completely and utterly selfish by the very nature of ‘self’.

I enjoyed answering my own questions last night, which is often how I learn things. Nothing like trying to make a point, to actually get the point.

I was thinking about those ‘selfs’ that have already done this.

Realising that the ‘Geoffrey’ I had a brief video chat with many many years ago, did it!!!

The ‘Srinath’ I also briefly chatted with back then also did it!

What would get this ‘Andrew’ over that line?

There is something about truly being completely selfish in the most useful way. An appeal to one’s desire to truly be significant.

Just as ‘Richard’, ‘Peter’, ‘Vineeto’, ‘Craig’ , ‘Geoffrey’, ‘Srinath’ did.

You can rev up your desire, then rev it up some more - as Srinath did.

1 Like

So the authority issues surrounding work are progressively disappearing out of my life which is having a noticeable effect on how I relate to both my superiors and the customers I deal with.

What clicked this morning was that indeed the very structure of authority is held in place by fear. My relationship to my boss is constructed from the fears of what he will do if I do not play along and the resentment + other reactionary responses to this fear.

So nowadays I find myself relating to my boss more and more as a fellow human being and I can see it actually allows him to somewhat take the edge off too and this is the bit that I find interesting. That in some way by removing authority for him I have freed him in his relating to me.

I can see that this is because this fear that sustains the authority puts me automatically into ‘high alert’, every comment, every request, every criticism etc that he otherwise makes will be turned into an attack on my safety, which means I am inevitably giving out fearful and eventually malicious vibes.

So the key to letting go of authority (and thus improving my relations with others) is to remove these fears of ‘what would happen if I don’t play along’. By seeing that I can stand securely on my own two feet I am freeing myself and others too.

Something similar has happened with my relating to customers, once the fears of ‘what they will do’ were seen for what they are, I was able to begin relating in this new and improved way. It is actually quite fascinating because I am also seeing them more and more as fellow human beings, which has various outcomes - on one hand it means the assistance I offer is much more genuine, however on the other hand it means that I can speak more directly now which is somewhat in opposition to the role which a customer service advisor should take (one usually marked by submission and servitude).

It is really about locating the third alternative, no longer oppressed by authority but also no longer fighting against authority, the third alternative is to leave authority behind and begin relating to others based on what they are - a fellow human being.

7 Likes