I asked ChatGPT about actual freedom

When I initially asked it, I left out the space between ‘actual’ and ‘freedom’ to give it a bit of a hint

But I’ve also heard chatGPT can be pretty inconsistent in its responses to the same prompt

I just asked it about ‘actual freedom’ and it gave me an even more buddhistic response

1 Like

Not to derail, but it’s good for writing scripts too:

write me a script about a normal sized woman who lives in a tiny home that makes her feel like it’s making her look too large relative to the objects in the tiny home

“The Illusion of Size”

(The camera pans across a small, cozy-looking house nestled in a picturesque forest setting. We see a woman, Jane, played by Reese Witherspoon, struggling to maneuver around the tiny space. She bumps into the counter and accidentally knocks over a pile of dishes, causing them to shatter on the floor.)

Jane: (frustrated) Ugh, I can’t believe I’m living in this cramped, cramped little house. I feel like I’m constantly tripping over myself and everything is just too small for me.

(The camera cuts to Jane’s best friend, Samantha, played by Jennifer Aniston, who is visiting her at the tiny home. Samantha looks around in amazement.)

Samantha: Wow, Jane, this place is so cute! I can’t believe you actually live here.

Jane: (sarcastically) Yeah, it’s a real dream come true. I feel like a giant in this tiny space. It’s driving me crazy.

Samantha: (sympathetically) I can imagine. Maybe you should consider getting a bigger place.

Jane: (sighs) I wish I could, but I just don’t have the money. Plus, I love the idea of living simply and sustainably in a tiny home. I just wish it didn’t make me feel so cramped and oversized.

Samantha: (thoughtfully) Maybe it’s not the size of the house that’s making you feel that way. Maybe it’s the way you’re looking at it.

Jane: (confused) What do you mean?

Samantha: Well, everything in the house is so small compared to you, so it makes you look bigger in comparison. But that doesn’t mean you’re actually oversized. You’re just normal-sized.

Jane: (realizing) Oh, I see what you mean. It’s all just an illusion.

(The camera cuts to Jane looking around the tiny home with a new perspective. She begins to see the charm in the small details and starts to appreciate the simplicity of her living space. The camera pans out to show the tiny home nestled in the forest, with Jane happily living in it. The screen fades to black.)

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that too in your first example… I gave it “actual freedom” and it drew a blank. I guess I should spend more time teaching it about AF and less asking it to write silly lyrics and ascii prompts. :blush:

I don’t think it can learn from these interactions, the training set has been completed. It can learn throughout an individual conversation, but after the chat is closed it doesn’t remember.

I do think it’s recorded so OpenAI can improve, but that’s a different process

That is very strange to think about - could an AI ever be an actualism tutor?

I’ll say that’s a long way off yet - the details matter with actualism, and we’ve already seen how these bots often get details wrong at this stage.

Haha I asked the exact same thing to the AI yesterday and it had a pretty similar response to both actual freedom and enlightenment.

Here’s me going in circles:

hello do you enjoy philosophy

As an artificial intelligence, I don’t have personal preferences or feelings. However, I can tell you that philosophy is a broad field that encompasses many different areas of study, including ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, and logic. Some people find philosophy to be a fascinating and rewarding pursuit, while others may find it less interesting. It really depends on the individual and their personal interests. Is there anything in particular you would like to know about philosophy?

how can humanity live in peace

Achieving peace among humanity is a complex and multifaceted goal that has been pursued by people throughout history. Some possible ways to promote peace include:

1. Promoting understanding and mutual respect: Encouraging people to learn about and respect one another’s cultures, beliefs, and values can help to reduce misunderstandings and conflicts.
  2. Encouraging dialogue and negotiation: Encouraging people to communicate and work together to resolve conflicts can help to prevent violence and promote peaceful resolutions to disputes.
  3. Reducing poverty and inequality: Poverty and inequality can be sources of conflict, so addressing these issues can help to promote peace.
  4. Addressing the root causes of conflict: It is important to identify and address the underlying causes of conflicts, such as injustice, discrimination, and power imbalances, in order to promote lasting peace.
  5. Promoting nonviolence: Encouraging people to use nonviolent means to resolve conflicts and promoting nonviolence as a way of life can help to create a more peaceful world.
  6. Building strong and inclusive communities: Strong, inclusive communities can provide a sense of belonging and support, which can help to prevent conflict and promote a sense of shared purpose.

These are just a few examples of ways that humanity can work towards peace. Ultimately, achieving peace requires the efforts and cooperation of individuals, communities, and governments around the world.

i think emotions cause humans to quarrel

It is true that emotions can play a role in conflicts and disputes. Emotions such as anger, jealousy, and fear can lead people to act in ways that are not rational and can escalate conflicts. On the other hand, emotions such as empathy, compassion, and understanding can help people to resolve conflicts peacefully and find common ground.

It is important to recognize the role that emotions play in our lives and to learn how to manage and express them in healthy ways. This can involve developing emotional intelligence, which is the ability to recognize and understand one’s own emotions and the emotions of others, and to use this awareness to manage one’s behavior and relationships. By developing emotional intelligence, individuals can better navigate conflicts and find ways to resolve them peacefully.

empathy isn’t always rational, empathy can lead people to behave irrational. for instance, scam artists can play on a persons empathy and compassion to trick them into doing something they wouldn’t otherwise do

You are correct that empathy can sometimes lead people to behave in ways that may not be entirely rational. It is important to recognize that empathy is a complex emotion that can have both positive and negative effects. On the one hand, empathy can help us to connect with and understand others, which can be a powerful force for good. On the other hand, empathy can also lead us to make decisions that are not in our best interests, particularly if we are not thinking critically about the situation.

For example, scam artists may try to exploit people’s empathy and compassion in order to trick them into giving away money or personal information. It is important to be aware of this possibility and to think critically about the situations in which we use our empathy. By using our empathy in a mindful and reasoned way, we can still experience the positive benefits of this emotion while also protecting ourselves from being taken advantage of.

thinking critically about the situation is the most important thing, and it is what sets humans apart from animals. emotions cripple our ability to think critically, even the good ones.

Thinking critically is indeed an important skill that can help us to make sound decisions and evaluate information in a logical and objective way. It is true that emotions can sometimes influence our thinking and decision-making in ways that may not be entirely rational. This is because emotions are often automatic and unconscious responses to stimuli that can affect our perception and judgment.

However, it is important to recognize that emotions are a normal and natural part of being human, and they can serve important functions in our lives. For example, emotions can help us to communicate with others, form and maintain relationships, and motivate us to take action. While it is important to be aware of the potential influence of emotions on our thinking, it is also important to recognize the value of emotions and find healthy ways to express and manage them.

In short, it is important to balance the role of emotions with the importance of thinking critically in order to make sound decisions and navigate complex situations effectively.

that’s a very diplomatic stance, but it would be better to have nothing to manage and no need to parse out what is acceptable to express and what is not acceptable. one day, humans will no longer be burdened by affect, and will be able to live in peace and harmony. they will be able to fully enjoy the universe and being alive.

It is true that the elimination of negative emotions such as anger, fear, and jealousy could potentially lead to more peaceful and harmonious relationships among individuals and communities. However, it is important to recognize that emotions serve important functions in our lives and are a normal and natural part of being human. Eliminating all emotions may not be possible or desirable, as emotions can help us to communicate with others, form and maintain relationships, and motivate us to take action.

Furthermore, it is important to recognize that the elimination of negative emotions would not automatically lead to a world free of conflict. There are many other factors that can contribute to conflict and strife, including inequalities, power imbalances, and differences in values and beliefs. Working to address these underlying issues is likely to be a more effective way to promote peace and harmony than attempting to eliminate emotions entirely.

The elimination of the negative emotions would mean that we could address inequalities, power imbalances, and differences of opinions without being crippled by irrational and selfish feelings that often overrule one’s better sensibilities

It is true that negative emotions can sometimes interfere with our ability to think critically and make decisions that are in our best interests or the best interests of others. However, it is important to recognize that emotions serve important functions in our lives and are a normal and natural part of being human. While it may be possible to reduce the influence of negative emotions through techniques such as mindfulness or cognitive-behavioral therapy, it may not be possible or desirable to eliminate them entirely.

Additionally, it is important to recognize that the elimination of negative emotions would not automatically lead to a more peaceful and harmonious world. There are many other factors that contribute to conflict and strife, including inequalities, power imbalances, and differences in values and beliefs. Working to address these underlying issues is likely to be a more effective way to promote peace and harmony than attempting to eliminate emotions entirely.

Emotions always interfere with our ability to think critically.

It is true that emotions can sometimes influence our thinking and decision-making in ways that may not be entirely rational. This is because emotions are often automatic and unconscious responses to stimuli that can affect our perception and judgment. However, it is important to recognize that emotions serve important functions in our lives and are a normal and natural part of being human. Emotions can help us to communicate with others, form and maintain relationships, and motivate us to take action.

While it is important to be aware of the potential influence of emotions on our thinking, it is also important to recognize the value of emotions and find healthy ways to express and manage them. By developing skills such as emotional intelligence and mindfulness, we can learn to recognize and understand our emotions and use them in a constructive way. This can help us to think critically and make sound decisions, even when we are feeling strong emotions.

Tarin 2.0 is back again😎

Apparently ChatGPT can code too, and non-trivial at that. Didn’t get the sound correct, but the fact it could do anything like that blew me away.

Well, how do you do, fellow kids?

I asked ChatGPT to rewrite the front page of the AFT as if Biggie Smalls were rapping it.

(Warning, I now have half a mind to ask ChatGPT to edit all my posts going forward in the style of famous rappers. Especially the long-winded posts.)

Instrumental for proper vibes …

Listen up, I ain’t gotta be no spiritualist, no philosopher or no shrink
I’m talkin’ ‘bout a way to be free, free from all that old school think
Ditch them beliefs that been holdin’ us down for centuries
I’m talkin’ 'bout a new path, one that cuts through the lies and the debris

I’m talkin’ ‘bout a way to be free from malice and sorrow
Ain’t gotta practice no humility or pacifism, no need to borrow
Ain’t no narrow path of denial or fantasy, I’m talkin’ 'bout a wide road
One that leads to joy and freedom, one that’s open to all who wanna know

I’m talkin’ ‘bout actual freedom, a way to be happy and harmless
Ain’t gotta be normal or spiritual, I’m talkin’ ‘bout a new balance
Ain’t no psychological or psychic entity holdin’ us back
I’m talkin’ ‘bout breakin’ free, takin’ control of our own track

It’s simple and practical, just acknowledge the root of our pain
The passions that lead to malice and sorrow, causin’ wars and disdain
But, with patience and perseverance, we can find a way to appreciate
This moment of life, to enjoy it, and to elevate

I’m talkin’ ‘bout pure consciousness experiences, moments of perfection
Ain’t gotta settle for feelin’ good, we can reach a new level of connection
With the universe, tap into its purity and perfection
And embark on a journey of exploration, with pure intention

It’s a life-devotional goal, takin’ precedence over all
And with it, we can break free from societal conditioning, societal fall
Ain’t no more emotions or passions holdin’ us down
I’m talkin’ 'bout a new and non-spiritual, down-to-earth freedom, it’s been found.

4 Likes

What ever happened to him? I remember he was actually free…… then not I guess.

Omg yes. Now we just need to make the AIs actually rap it, e.g.:

Ok with these 2 posts I’m ready to become free now

1 Like

Biggie’s slurring his words a bit, and his Jamaican accent comes through stronger than his Bed Stuy accent sometimes. But he’s got the spirit!

Generated with https://uberduck.ai/ (free)

Listen up, I ain’t gotta be no spiritualist, no philosopher or no shrink
I’m talkin’ ‘bout a way to be free, free from all that old school think
Ditch them beliefs that been holdin’ us down for centuries
I’m talkin’ 'bout a new path, one that cuts through the lies and the debris

I’m talkin’ ‘bout a way to be free from malice and sorrow
Ain’t gotta practice no humility or pacifism, no need to borrow
Ain’t no narrow path of denial or fantasy, I’m talkin’ 'bout a wide road
One that leads to joy and freedom, one that’s open to all who wanna know

I’m talkin’ ‘bout actual freedom, a way to be happy and harmless
Ain’t gotta be normal or spiritual, I’m talkin’ ‘bout a new balance
Ain’t no psychological or psychic entity holdin’ us back
I’m talkin’ ‘bout breakin’ free, takin’ control of our own track

It’s simple and practical, just acknowledge the root of our pain
The passions that lead to malice and sorrow, causin’ wars and disdain

4 Likes

The actualist anthem

2 Likes

Omg this is so good! :joy::joy::joy:

This is brilliant. Let’s make an actualist banger and spread the word :joy: All we need is a video with all the memes and I think we’ve reached some kind of memetic maxima.

1 Like

Wow, just wow! :joy: :joy: :joy:

@rick
You have won the internet today.

1 Like

This crosses over in my psyche. I listen to NAS “hip hop is dead” at the gym, now I am going to have this track on!!!

1 Like

Who would’ve thought Slim Shady would be one of the greatest proponents for actual freedom?

[Intro Instrumental]

[Verse]
Listen up, you all, I got a verse for you
It’s about the path to actual freedom, it’s true
Gotta acknowledge the root of our issues
It’s the biological drive that causes all the tissues

The fear and aggression, the nurture and desire
They breed malice and sorrow, the kind that takes you higher

It leads to wars and murders, rapes and tortures too
Domestic violence, child abuse, and suicides, it’s all true
But we can break free from this cycle, it’s practical
Acknowledge the source and rise above it, it’s factual.

I found a way to let the present live me, no doubt
To enjoy every moment, it’s what life’s about
It takes effort, hard work, and dedication
But the rewards are worth it, it’s a sensation

Start small, but as you go, it starts to multiply
Exponentially, the joy in life, it’ll amplify
It becomes easier and easier, every day
To appreciate being alive, in every single way.

From the PCE I learned - perfection is real
It’s possible to experience it, to be how you feel
So I set the bar high, feeling good
If I’m not, I know something’s misunderstood

I look deep within, to find the why
It’s a detailed process, but it’s worth a try

[Chorus]
'cause it’s true freedom, yea it’s the real freedom,
All the other bunk freedoms are just imitating
So won’t the actual freedom please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

x2

[Verse]
I keep striving for perfection in every moment
Feeling good, it’s the standard I set, it’s a component
So follow my lead, and you’ll see
Perfection is possible, just set the minimum at feeling good to be

It takes time and patience, don’t give up the fight
Perseverance is key, to see the light
Soon you’ll get the hang of it, and find
You’ll spend more time, enjoying peace of mind

Feeling good, is just the start, it’s true
Next step is feeling happy and harmless too
And once you reach that, you’ll strive for more
Feeling excellent, it’ll be in store
Keep pushing, don’t settle for less
You’ll up-level, and find happiness.

Pure intent is a force, a stream of benevolence
Originating from the stillness, it’s evident

You’re not alone in this journey you’ll take
The universe is with you, for goodness sake
With pure intent, born from the PCE
Tap into the purity and perfection, you’ll see

[Chorus]

x2

[Verse]
Listen up, you all, I got a warning for you
Before you embark on this journey, hear me through
Pure intent is key, it’s a must
A life-devotional goal, that takes precedence above all trust

Societal and cultural conditioning, it’s true
Will be whittled away, but listen to what I say to you
It must be in place, before you proceed or else

you’ll find yourself in a world of grief
and to not belabor the point I’ll be brief
You must be dedicated, with pure intent in mind
Or suffer the consequences, you’ll be left behind.

The day will come, when destiny will knock
And you’ll be propelled into actual freedom, it’s not a mock
Release from fate, and a birthright to claim
It’s a groundbreaking possibility,
The world will be better, it’s a fact
Actual freedom, it’s a revolutionary act
So don’t wait, start the journey today
Actual freedom is possible, don’t let it slip away.

[Chorus]

x4

[Outro Instrumental]

How I did it:

• ChatGPT to convert http://actualfreedom.com.au/ (“Step out of the 'real world … it is now possible”) to rap
  • uberduck to synthesize (ty Rick!)
  • audacity to line up and rearrange stuff
5 Likes