Thanks for the response Vineeto, I’m being very persistent with this, because I’m hoping that i can find a more consistently repeatable way of getting back to feeling good. Usually I can get back to feeling good, but sometimes I still get stuck into a worry that I only get out of via waiting it out, sleeping it off, or getting distracted somehow.
I think that’s where I am now, I’m not really worrying anymore, but it’s really only because enough time passed and the feeling ran out of juice.
The place where I got stuck with this last round of worrying was that I could intellectually see the silliness of worrying but it was still present. Attempts to ‘feel’ the silliness did seem to take a more forceful will so didn’t really get anywhere. Trying to recognize that ‘I am my feelings’ and it was my choice how to feel and simply decline to keep feeling bad also felt like forcing.
Attempts to investigate the feeling in order to ‘organically’ recognize the silliness didn’t seem to work because I was just going in circles, due to being in the grip of worry none of that investigation led anywhere.
It just seemed like nothing I could do, no direction I could go in was really lessening the worry. I understand both from experience and reading that when there is a heartfelt genuine recognition of the silliness/futility of worry that I get back to feeling good without forcing and without effort. I don’t think I understand how to repeatably/consistently induce that heartfelt recognition, instead I find that sometimes I can get there and sometimes I can’t.