Contemplating self-immolation

Things have powered-down yesterday and today - its like i am letting the daily life things allow myself to get upset and resentful, and down the old patterns yet again. this is way less good than the amazing thrilling nearing-the-destiny way of living !

1 Like

Can you explain what ā€œI saw that this is above and beyond just for meā€ means?

By ā€œlack of caringā€, do you mean ā€œlack of commitmentā€?

Sure, the grammar is a bit wonky cause I was writing off the cuff. I meant that I saw that this - self-immolating - is about way more than just being for the benefit of ā€˜meā€™ or this body, or doing it for myself. It is about doing it for every other body as well.

No I mean literally a lack of caring. As in apathy, like not wanting to consider it or to take action to solve a problem. As in letting things lie, letting things be as they are, out of a lack of any want desire or motivation to change the state of affairs even though the state of affairs is terrible.

1 Like

I think I see the key of out-from-control-ness

Any attempt ā€˜Iā€™ make to ā€˜plan this outā€™ e.g. to say ā€œIā€™ll just do this until it worksā€, is setting oneself up for failure because that means you are still operating under the illusion that the future exists, or even the present exists (and continuation of the present ā†’ future)

The key is to ā€˜breakā€™ the static-ness , the only way it will work is if youā€™re in an unstable/dynamic way of being, because that brings the opportunity for something new to happen ā€“ and this is what out-from-control is, and this is why it is inherently thrilling, because that ā€˜anythingā€™ can happen.

itā€™s not unstable as in will-have-a-psychotic-break of courseā€¦ itā€™s just not predictable ā€¦ but you need the firm target (actuality) to ensure you donā€™t go off the rails

so, my new ā€œalarm bellā€ ā€“ if iā€™m not feeling the thrill it means i have reverted back to normal and something must be done !

3 Likes

So whenever I have gotten ā€˜closeā€™ the last few days I always have this burst of like ā€œjust do it!!ā€

And now I recognize that is insincere - itā€™s me telling myself to do it, which means Iā€™m not all on board.

There is a deeper part of me - not gotten to before - that still has to agree and get on board.

So I ā€˜start overā€™ in a sense, build up from there, to reach a deeper level of sincerity !

This happened before too, but each time I experience myself as being further than I ever was before - so it is spiraling not circling , closer each time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@claudiu Catching that insincerity in myself has led to me asking: ā€œReally? After all this time, Iā€™m still insincere?ā€ And then I want to see why.

A friend of mine told me something useful awhile back: Look for the answer, even when itā€™s not flattering. Itā€™s usually not flattering with these things in my experience

3 Likes