Andrew

Interesting! And indeed that seems to be the case - both the biggest victim and the biggest winner have created a truly impenetrable structure of their own making. And the victims game is as narcissistic as that of the winner, they have just taken the opposite approach haha - naïveté is nowhere to be found.

I see both sides of this too, hanging out with a bunch of ‘bad ass’ martial artists that just oooze some self ascribed power and accomplishment (not very fun at all haha). Then working in customer service and getting to experience daily the lovely little creations, concocted in such a way that the victim ultimately gets their own way when they have been wronged. Whilst of course having to ignore all the factual reasons for why the situation happened in the first place.
To point out these facts to the victim is seen as a form of attack because their very strategy will crumble in the face of facts. The victim does not want a resolution but rather they want to enforce themselves, they require the world to bend to their feelings as a way of validating themselves. They are perversely trapped in this game and like you say it is a narcissistic one.

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy disconnecting with my “best mate” years ago. I didn’t enjoy blocking that woman either.

However, I see others have distanced themselves from me. That’s been the clue. Seeing that I have been the same. Playing out a set of dramas, most of them victim dramas.

It came to a head today. I both posted something dumb on Facebook (now deactivated) and sent a barbed email to a builder I work for. Both were angry, manipulative actions. I felt manipulated, yet entitled.

It’s stopped me in my tracks. I was able to back track the email, because it was also self-deprecating.

I have made myself isolated. Usually because I see the manipulating of others towards me, and my own towards them. Which is such a tiresome game.

I get it though.

Whoever has power, however it is sourced, will exercise it.

1 Like

There is a strange feeling of never actually being here.

I am in a rental house; I have been in it for 5 years.

I hold it emotionally at “arms length”.

However, I have always done this.

Wherever I am, it’s at arms length.

As if getting attached will avoid pain.

1 Like

The cool thing is that being here, (I am in a local cafe now), is so accessible.

Looking. Noticing. It is all here.

This is the closest I have ever seen someone come to actualism.

It’s really cool to contemplate.

I Think “trees are good” so I want to enjoy them, whilst not really caring.

I think “rubbish on the street” is bad, so I recoil from it.

I think “this isn’t my house” so I keep it at arms length.

I think “this woman only wants me for my looks” so I keep her at bay.

In everything, I am indeed doing exactly what this dude talks about; delusionally filling up reality with my own version of “good” and “bad”.

1 Like

Hmm.

So we explore our own little parts from behind this membrane. We mythologise it. This membrane.

There is only one question; why did you wake me up?

To see?

To see she prefers him over me?

For her to see I prefer the other her?

Is this why we wake up?

I would rather be asleep.

Indeed, everything we have done so far hardly warrants being awake for.

However, whoever has all those nukes needs to stop it. Right now.

Which is probably why we are alone in our galaxy at least.

They blew themselves up.

It’s the confusion between “being alive” and “being conscious”.

There is nothing I have done in my 47 years of “being alive” that I really had to be “conscious” of.

Nature fucking and reproducing doesn’t need a “spectator”.

So there it is. Why watch? Why even be conscious?

Or more importantly, why feel anything?

I have the dubious honour of have a mother who meticulously documents everything.

Anyway, to the point, at 2 years old, when I saw her draw, it stopped drawing.

Why?

What is the point?

If you already have the right way of doing everything, then why is it all so fucking awful?

It’s amazing actually to have lived through the explosion of art.

To have been the “medium” for the “message”.

We haven’t got the slightest clue why we are even conscious, we were hoping that you knew!!!

How to be a father under such a premise?!!

There’s a thing called pure intent you may want to check out. Not being snarky though it may sound like it. If you ask all those questions with a connection to pure intent in place then the answers will become clear enough that you’ll probably even be able to articulate them in short time. The confusion will certainly go away, at any rate.

Thanks @JonnyPitt

It’s the limitations of text to only have so much band width to work with.

The underlying feeling is traditional selfishness.

Just plain old selfishness.

My friend with benefits birthday is tomorrow. After I get lazik on my eyes, I am going to pay for getting her Soviet era dental issues fixed.

If one is going to be alive, and conscious then enjoying the show has to be a priority.

New eyes, new teeth.

The realisation yesterday that there is no point being conscious, if one is not enjoying it, is great.

Life goes on all around us with little to no consciousness. So it’s not a matter of life; whether one is alive is different to conscious.

What is the point of consciousness in being alive?

Life was around a long time before we got here. If not forever. I think it’s forever, that is life didn’t have a beginning.

So feelings about life are pointless.

Enjoying consciousness is the only purpose consciousness has.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s amazing to get to that fundamental kick of being alive - that matter of the universe has come together (as an organism) and it is able to experience and be aware of things :sunglasses:

Yea such must be the case for an eternal (beginningless) universe!

Last Wednesday, I woke up exhausted and despondent. I started drinking alcohol before the sun rose, and had no intention of going to work. By 11am I had ingested 2.65 g of mushrooms, by 2-3 pm I was suicidal.

That’s the synopsis, the details were somewhat more involved.

I have been drinking heavily for around a year. Before around 3 years ago, I never drank at all. Very rarely.

However, with the failure to achieve a romantic relationship that was the dream friendship I had wanted all along, my will to do anything was non-existent for months.

Wednesday was the single most terrifying thing I have experienced in life. I generally don’t get scared. There was an abject terror of being alive at the same time as an abject terror of being dead. Thankfully, one of the directors of the company I work for rang me and she is extremely experienced in life’s deep dramas. My middle son came over and I fell into his arms. I was distraught that he should see me like that, but I realised both then and later, that it precisely because I never saw my own father open up at all (we never really talked about anything, especially nothing about the horrible things that had happened to him), that I had been “toughing” it out for over 20 years.

I was horrified at human nature. Horrified at the war going on and the “video game” like coverage. Horrified that I had been sympathetic to the lies of Putin.

Horrified that I was traumatizing my son, but just as sensitive to the fact it was too late 21 years ago when he was born.

What was most apparent was that “survival” for me was to be in “limbo”. Not really alive, but not dead.

Terrified of living or dying.

I remember saying over and over , “life is so delicate, so fragile”.

Something changed in me though. I saw how malicious I was to everyone. I saw how the psychic reality is like a murky swamp with monsters just under the surface. Dead and vicious things ready to engulf people. I was always pushing others to “change”, stirring them up.

My own swamp was unexamined.

I would never suggest or recommend anyone using psychedelics. I completely understand why they are illegal, and why for thousands of years they have been very carefully hidden in rituals and strict belief systems. As, without a belief system, they are extremely dangerous.

There is an ironic twist though. The belief system I was indoctrinated in was most definitely a psychedelic death cult. It worships the sacrifice of young men. Indeed, a very significant part of my culture is dying young. Christianity is the glorification of killing young men then creating gods out of them. Indeed, it’s the basis of western culture itself.

It may seem insane that I would do what I did last Wednesday. However, there was actually an upside to it.
The fact is, nearly a year to the day I had nearly killed myself illegally riding a motorcycle, drunk, at night in the rain.

This “normal” me has been angling at a way to die for a while.

To put a happy ending to this post, I had a real surge of “get busy living” after Wednesday.

The determination to enjoy whatever I can, and be as kind as I can to everyone has been life changing.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate your brutal honesty a lot. I’m in my later 40’s and have experienced a lot more passive suicidal thought patterns (I’ve had them on and off all my life) more so later in life probably due to expectations of a “better” life situation that hasn’t resulted and that I have held on to for a long time. I’m ok no cause for concern. But me as a feelig being I’ve been prone to not wanting to be here for so long. I think it was the main thing that brought me back to relook at actualism. I appreciate you sharing your experience a lot .

1 Like

So, the deeper terror of last Wednesday was that I am now capable of everything I idolized as a boy.

I just “wrote” three heart rending song ideas this evening. I have maybe an albums worth of decent emotionally laden songs on my iPad.

Yet, it was always a trick. A horrific trick.

A vacuum of vacuums. A mind crushing terror that perpetually sells itself to the next generation as “meaningful”.

Meaningful my ass.

But I can’t let it go. Although I am now 47, there is this holding onto my attainment of this vacuum of meaning. This artful presentation of despair and horror.

I remember clearly a photo of myself, maybe 8 years old, holding a sown together clown my mother had made with a sad look on my face.

At some point sadness and anger are the HIGHEST attainment of humanity. To be artfully sad and angry.

Fuck.

What a fucking horrible thing.

I find it so hard to let go of though. Now that I have attained the highest artistic attainment. What’s more, I don’t have to prove it to anyone. It feels like I would become an abuser to record and publish what I have created.

Seriously, I have a dozen “hits” on my iPad. All of them should burn in hell along with the rest of human art.

This is what I was born to do? To attain to the murky artistic misery of those who went before?

This is why I would gladly kill myself. I wouldn’t be unhappy to see the entire world burn either.

Perpetual misery as to the highest attainment?

I don’t know what to do to be honest.

It’s like being very very late to a party which was supposedly “really cool”. All that is left is an artful nihilism. Which was the entire garage sale to begin with.

I get why Richard gives zero quarter to the inhabitants of the ‘real’.

We definitely deserve annihilation. What we are is horror personified.

I am beyond wondering “why”. It’s obvious enough thete was never anyone or anything in control. There is no intrinsic meaning in our existence; or better said ‘our’ existence.

I get it. I want to crawl up in a ball and disappear forever. It’s simply pity for me 3 sons that I don’t drive my car of the cliffs of the “Great Australian Bite” like my brother did. End myself on the end of a needle like my other brother did.

I didn’t know I was “mentally ill”. I am not diagnosed, but I know that I am.

I “soldiered on” believing and hoping like the rest.

I now see the artists I so admired were just those who broke early. Whose delusions came crashing down early.