Actualism flow diagram

So @claudiu

Is that mean, we want to feel good, great, delight, EE; so we can EAATMOBA !!!

It seems obvious, but it did not intuitively jump at me.( surprise surprise )

That’s why I am studying and memorizing your diagram, especially about the
part about getting back to feeling good tools, as you suggested, which I think is
one of the most important, if not the most important, and yet so simple that it slips by
the “ego”( for ego’s own benefit), to prevent “me” from feeling good :slight_smile:
AND this is the entry point that most beginners would need help with, both for
maintaining their interest and succeeding in applying the method.

Ego wants to “invent” false methods – e.g. being in the senses for feeling good – of “feeling good”, so as to not “allow me” to actually feel good; for actual feeling good would mean go against what ego does ( which is to keep “me” unhappy, so I search for “more” ) , and ego’s ultimate demise, because “I” would see that the ego( i.e. “me” or “I” itself) is unnecessary and the actual source of all “my” and humanities problems.

Thanks Once Again Claudiu :appreciation:

1 Like

This is really cool people, pat yourselves on the back.

I think I can relate to having traversed all of the these different pathways at one point or another.

I would add one personal scenario not quite covered by the diagram.
In the pathway of “I’m overwhelmed by emotion” → “Stuck” → “Set If aside”.
There is another route I have taken which is to seek medical advice, in acknowledgement that I am not feeling well in a more abnormal way.

Medical intervention via medication and therapy (CBT) have helped contribute to getting back to a better normal/neutral baseline.

2 Likes

Such as the practices discussed in Supplementing actualism with conventional methods, since that falls outside the sphere of the usual actualist practice that the diagram is intended to summarize, I think it could be added as a question, or as a posibility to be considered by the reader.

Yes, thanks @Miguel for the link I haven’t read that topic yet. I am not necessarily implying that my example needs to be included in the diagram. However, from the diagram it doesn’t make it seem like there are alternative methods to get from stuck to neutral, unless I am misreading it.

1 Like