Actualism flow diagram

Hi, where can I find these diagrams?

Just had another idea/thought…

My thought is to have the left part be basically one central box, “Enjoy and appreciate this moment of being alive”, which has the title of ‘the actualism method’

all the other feeling and non-feeling variants of enjoying - feeling good, great, EE, PCE, purity, delight, etc., are separate boxes, that all feed into/and out of/enjoying directly (so there isn’t strictly a scale or series of steps you have to follow, and point can go to any other point, which is how it sort of happens i find)

then the enjoy box can be the central point where trigger comes out of, and the rest goes from there as-is

investigate box can come out of/into enjoy, and into trigger

EDIT: Having trouble thinking how it’d go into all the rest though… will leave it here for now, out of ideas lol

@Kub933: definitely the new one. Every time more complete and logical, yet still simple.

@claudiu: yes, it presents problems, back and forth similar to the analysis of other systems or processes, but this brainstorming is yielding good outcomes.

Also!! It might be cool to have an app that literally takes you through the process

“How are you experiencing this moment of being alive?”

With boxes - feeling good feeling bad etc.

And links to the AFT site for questions …

As another thing It’d be cool to have a sort of knowledge web app where it links through related topics … allow a true wiki walk of actualism lol.

4 Likes

Welcome, Simon! (Same Simon from Slack?)

I must say that I misattributed the diagrams to Richard, when they are Peter’s and Vineeto’s.

You can find them here:
http://actualfreedom.com.au/library/topics/instincts.htm

and here (with others added, such as “The path of Self-aggrandizement” and “The path of Actual Freedom”):
http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/introduction/

fantastic!

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much !

1 Like

With an alarm at adjustable intervals that asks the user the question! :smiling_face:

It might even fire triggers to speed up the process:

“Are you actually free?”
“Not yet?”
“Ha, ha!”
“Why not?”
“What’s stopping you?”
“Are these questions bothering you?”
“You have something to observe!”
“(If you are tempted to smash your cell phone on the floor, press ‘Overwhelmed by emotion’)”.
:smile:

5 Likes

A 3D geometric wiki, like a “choose your own adventure”. A Web, one might say. :smirk:

1 Like

In terms of the interactive app, on my second (!) time in Australia, Richard just literally went through it with someone, I forget who so let’s call him Bob. He asked him, are you feeling good now? No. When were you last feeling good?

Bob thought and said well 30 minutes ago.

“What happened 30 mins ago?”

Bob said this and that.

“Are you feeling good now?” No. “When were you last feeling good?” Well maybe was 60 minutes ago …

etc. and I was struck by the fact that Richard was literally going through exactly what was written on the site, but it just never really occurred to me to do it literally that way , lol. Like i always had thought it was something ‘more’.

So an interactive flow chart may help people to get the hang of it. Not to repeatedly pester them :smiley: , but, whenever one wants to do it, they ‘start from the top’ and go through it…

It might actually not be so hard for me to do it , i know some web coding…

3 Likes

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 15.53.57

3 Likes

Ok new version :smiley: I went for a yin/yang circle thing to demonstrate that both the good and bad feelings are the flip side of each other and they lock one away from experiencing the felicitous and innocuous feelings.

All the tools have been made blue now and I added some basic description to clarify that the goal is to minimise both the bad and the good feelings whilst maximising the felicitous and innocuous feelings.

Also did some tidying up in general but the whole thing is getting more and more complex so I wonder if it is still clear and concise to use?

1 Like

I think is perfect ! Good balance of accuracy , detail , and simplicity. Nothing more to add

Awesome :raised_hands:

@Kub933 this is great! One of the guys on the DHO was asking for a simple dot point guide to actualism. This is a great start.

Would you mind if I put it up on Simple Actualism? I’d credit you of course.

3 Likes

This is brilliant, so concise and the visuals are so much easier to absorb than text alone. I’ve saved it and will be referring back to it often!

One possible extension would be to number each item then provide a written explanation for each, including relevant snippets from the AFT or links for reference. For example, investigation could link off to vineetos page and simple actualism. Good/bad feelings could use the snippet from TMOBA page etc.

It could be a really useful quick start guide and manual for practicing the actualism method with only one image and one page of text. Much less daunting than landing on the AFT home page :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe we can make it HTML instead of an image? With links to click and follow …

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’m glad it’s come out well. I actually had lots of fun making it as well. @Srinath yeah I’m happy for you or anyone else to use it :grin:

@carpe_vitae yeah that is a good idea I will have a look at doing something along those lines when I get a chance.

That’s a good idea @claudiu, the website I did this on allows to do this as well, I have just been sending it as a screenshot cos it was easier.

1 Like

Oh minor adjustment to suggest , I just reread this part:

Furthermore if, or when, there is a sinking below the bottom line, and feeling bad (a general sense of ill-being) is the moment-to-moment experiencing then, rather than trying to suss out where, when, how, why – and what for – the general sense of well-being (feeling good) ceased occurring, it is far more useful to first get to a stage of being neutral, because, when in the feeling bad position, feeling good can appear to be so, so far away … indeed, at times, feeling good can seem to be but a dream, a fancy, a chimera, a will-o’-the-wisp, from that position, and what’s the point anyway, that method didn’t work either (of course), it’s all stupid, life sucks, and … and all the rest of those self-pitying, self-justifying, defeatist assertions. As the step from being neutral to feeling good is not such a big step then one is soon back on track again.

Maybe the getting back to neutral box can lead into the “see the silliness” box, instead of directly to feeling good box? So if overwhelmed , first you get to neutral then you see the silliness … it might make this passage more explicit.