Actualism flow diagram

Haha you guys are some Actual Engineers. cool stuff

2 Likes

Triggers as tags which could be tracked??

User adjustable alarms to pay periodic attention to how they are experiencing this moment of being alive may be included in the free version also, but that’s it. When attempting to use other features, the user should bump into the banner: “Feel good? Want to become actually free? Upgrade to the premium version!”

1 Like

On a subscription model :innocent: :laughing: :rofl:

In that case, we should also offer Platinum Subscriptions that include private meetings with @Srinath or @geoffrey :smirk:

1 Like

One thing I notice is sometimes I notice that I’m feeling neutral, and then I essentially rememorate feeling good, and I get back to feeling good directly – i.e. i didn’t have to go through the steps to find the trigger etc… this is usually when I get lost in thought or get distracted and fall into some habitual pattern. not feeling bad but not feeling good, until i recognize that I’m not feeling good – and then it’s enough to where i feel good again

anyone else have this experience?

Added it to the flowchart and it would look like this now (plus some other minor changes I hadn’t published yet):

actualism-v11-v4-draft7 (1)

After it is in there I have to say I like it a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Yes @claudiu I definitely relate to the experience, I think this is partly what I was referring to when I thought that it is not needed to find the trigger to go from feeling bad to feeling good. (I agree now that when feeling bad I need to find the trigger in order to see the silliness)

However like you said there are instances where I find myself maybe getting distracted or thinking about something and the answer to HAIETMOBA is kinda beginning to be verging into ‘meh’ (neutral and bland), this is where it seems I am able to move into feeling good again by rememorating it, its almost like switching up a frequency on a radio or something, it is just a noticing and an adjusting of ‘myself’.

So I think that’s a pretty cool addition to the diagram!

There is one idea I had when doing the first versions of the diagram but I decided to abandon as it was way too much, it seems you are really going for a comprehensive set of information so its something to think about :

Another set of tools, or a general direction to go in could be things along the line of ; Pure contemplation, rememorating a PCE, establishing a connection to /finding ones way back to Pure intent.
Also I guess we could go deeper into the steps one takes to connect with/be naiveté and how that feeds into the rest of it.

I guess all these steps would be going out of + back into the green box, they are the ‘extra’ things one does when successfully travelling down the wide and wondrous path.

1 Like

Definitely. That’s why I had mentioned that not always finding the trigger was necessary, nor seeing the sillines.

I think your scenario tends to be the most common for the experienced practitioner who is not in Virtual Freedom but, as in my case, does not fall below neutral often nor experiences long periods of intense good feelings (both due to distraction or other causes).

EDIT: if you keep “Rememorating feeling good” in the diagram, it should be in blue, as a tool.

1 Like

Haha cool that there are still more clarifications coming up. The weird thing is (and this is why putting it on paper in a systemised form is so good) that a lot of these things I understand and apply intuitively but I just cannot put them into words or explain them in a systematic way (yet)

This is super common in martial arts where a fighter can be intuitively skilled to perform some amazing techniques, yet when they are asked to teach them to others they are like “wait what do I actually do :thinking:

2 Likes

It seems the rememorating applies to situations where the shifting affective current is more like a natural ebb and flow, it is sorta like an affective thermostat where I notice ‘myself’ shifting and I adjust ‘myself’

Then it seems that the find the trigger pathway is more to do with a spike (as opposed to ebb and flow) in the affective current, something has happened and it needs to be addresses specifically.

And I guess with practice an Actualist can distinguish between the 2 and decide which approach is needed.

Thinking about this you could almost use a different graph altogether to demonstrate this, a little like what @henryyyyyyyyyy drew the other day. I don’t know the name of it but like 2 axis and then the affective current would be going in ebbs and flows as well as spikes, from green at the bottom to red at the top. With markers along the way as to the most effective approach. We’ve started a monster here :joy:

Me and @Sonyaxx were laughing about this yesterday as she mentioned she prefers a picture format like what @henryyyyyyyyyy did (with lots of rainbows and unicorns ideally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Whereas me being a male wants hard logic like charts.

I do enjoy some cute puppies and pink sparkles :slight_smile:

:smiley: nothing wrong with cute and sparkly things – that being said though! I think those are more reflective of ‘good’/affectionate feelings than the felicitous ones?

For example, when I hug and pet my sweet cute doggie… i tend to go “oh my god i love this doggie so much” while hugging and cuddling her. And I feel that familiar ‘good’ feeling come into the picture

And when I see pictures of cute animals such as this it brings out similar such feelings :smiley:

Not to say you should avoid such feelings, but… they do take away from the completeness and fullness of simple felicity.

But they are much better than being sad or anxious, that is for sure.

Yeah I have thought about this often, the cute feelings are certainly more pleasant and not as troublesome as the bad ones. But within the cuteness is most definitely a slight flavour of sorrow, it is part of the same package of nurture.

I thought a few times that it would be a loss to no longer find things such as animals cute (in that same loving/nurturing way) but then I find that feeling felicitous allows me to take great appreciation in things being as they are. So for example finding a dog cute vs looking at a dog with wide eyed wonder.

I have noticed the same with my relationship with @Sonyaxx, love is not such a big part but there is still a bunch of more subtle affectionate feelings (the ‘good’ feelings), which of course are better than the bad ones. But every now and then the felicitous feelings dominate and then it is even better, more complete, cleaner and more fun.

1 Like

Yeah there’s definitely the nurturing feelings present when I see cute animals ! Pink and sparkly to me is very felicitous tho! :slight_smile:

I agree completely, I feel like when we interact with love largely out the picture it is much more lighter, sweet and genuine :slight_smile:

@Kub933 or anyone else, is there a need to perhaps mention that the kind of feeling good that is mentioned in AF, it is somewhat different than ordinary feeling good ? ( this is my take from @geoffrey video, stating that this is 3rd way of feeling, an uncaused way of feeling good ) .

@FrankN
It is a third kind of feeling, but that is quite apparent in the flow chart in my opinion (it is as apparent as left denoting ‘feeling good’ vs. right denoting ‘good’ and ‘bad feelings’ :grin:)
The definition of feeling good as “ordinary feeling good” is quite sufficient in this context. Everybody should be able to relate to “ordinary feeling good”, and have recent memory of such, which is enough for an application of the method aimed at reaching that first goal of actualism, which is consistently feeling good (and btw, that is what I got from the “Alan and Dona questions”).
Once one has reached that condition, then one can define further. What I said in that video on that topic was in response to an ‘advanced’ question regarding moving up from feeling good to feeling great and beyond. My response assumed that the questioner had a sufficient grasp of the method, to the point of having somewhat reached such a condition in which indeed, the necessity becomes apparent to ‘refine’ one’s feeling good - not to change it, but simply to remove whatever was ‘mixed’ within it (good feelings, which made it still somewhat conditional), and in so doing reveal what was there all along: the ‘pure’ feeling good I talk about in the video. So it was there all along in that “ordinary feeling good”, it was just mixed with a bunch of other stuff.
Again, this is a somewhat ‘advanced’ theme, which most probably requires an active connexion to pure intent through naiveté, etc… and at that point, one does not really follow the above flow chart anyway, but simply ‘orients’ oneself toward enjoying and appreciating this moment of being alive more and more.
So no, I don’t see the need to mention anything of the sort in this (excellent) flow chart, which aims at helping people get to that very significant (and awesome :grin:) achievement of consistently feeling good.

5 Likes

Wow, @geoffrey , you never stop amazing me. That was such a wonderful explanation, it propelled me forward with sincere intent and clarity …

For me as a new comer, your explanation, “cuts the bread in bite size pieces” for me, so as to help me avoid confusion, and also set realistic ( hopefully achievable ) goals for myself. The confusion always leads to frustration, inadequacy, and hopelessness ( which is opposite of AF method ). The AF writings and website, throws everything at you at the same time, so you think, you should aim for PCE at the very beginning ( maybe you should ?). But as you made it clear once again, sincere intent to consistently feeling good is the crucial and un-skippable first ( maybe long and formidable step) .

You are wonderful Geoffrey, I don’t have the words to thank you enough! :slight_smile:

p.s.
@ admins The above post by Geoffrey should be a required reading for all those not yet Actually Freed lol !

2 Likes