A more detailed description of 1981

Yeah I mean that can pretty much be taken as a given that you are doing it.

Because the whole thrust of the conditioning which creates a mature adult is an act of splitting away.

Almost all the tactics that we use as identities are forms of splitting away. It is the only way known so far to deal with the passions, to create this wobbly construct on top which is apparently separate and in control.

I actually remember the periods of going through ‘hell’ and somehow fighting these seemingly endless and infinitely powerful passions that were ‘coming at me’. Until I saw that I was doing all of it and then it all stopped, but that drama went on for so long because I continued separating myself from those passions, creating them into some force that I had to battle and get rid of.

1 Like

Look, I barely know my ass from my elbow. Why I do anything is sometimes a mystery to me.

Maybe it’s a reflex. An impulse. It’s certainly an enjoyable past-time or diversion. And there’s some empathy for you lot thrown in.

The reasons are countless.

:joy::joy: But isn’t that the whole point of finding out how ‘I’ tick? Isn’t this a sign of splitting away for you? That there is an entire dimension to @rick which apparently has a life of its own, whose mechanics are forever a mystery to you?

There are 100 billion neurons firing off at this moment directing every breath, thought, and, yes, feeling.

There’s no way I can understand why all those guys are doing what they’re doing.

If they direct me to jump, I jump. If they direct me to adopt a cat, that’s what I do. If they point out discrepancies in people’s words, and then move my mouth or fingers to enumerate them, then that’s what I do.

Well it’s pretty clear that there’s a whole bunch of splitting away going on! In fact you are now separate from everything, from the neurons, the thoughts, the emotions, the passions. Are you then the Supreme Self? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No separation at all. No independence whatsoever actually. Completely conjoined. I am entirely on the hook.

Nothing Supreme about it.

Oh dear … I sense the clouds parting and someone descending from upon high

1 Like

Haha it looks like you might have already taken Richards original route and got yourself enlightened then :stuck_out_tongue: It seems like for a while now the taste of your writing has been of ‘one with the universe’.

Just words. Just descriptions.

No, that old boy was on another level entirely.

@rick
No left and no right, no up and no down. The books have no answers?
Good place to be in! The path may begin.
Time to open a window, and allow the sun to warm one’s skin.

(Literally)
:grin:

2 Likes

It’s winter here my friend. The ladies here would throw a fit.

But metaphorically, definitely.

@geoffrey, @claudiu Where can I find geoffrey’s account of becoming free? I agree that he had the shortest time although he would probably say not to imitate it.

To be technical, the winner for quickest ascent probably goes to this lucky lady of Indian birth who achieved an actual freedom is less than one day. And since Richard and Vineeto have the quickening which allows them to sense when someone is near or in the actual world, and since this lady was in their presence when it happened, then you need not have any doubt as to the veracity of Richard’s report of her actual freedom.

Richard: A couple of months ago a person of Indian birth and upbringing flew into Coolangatta Airport late one night on a prearranged agreement to meet in person so as to talk about her life and to gain clarity in her life-style/ her livelihood situation.

Less than 24 hours after landing she was actually free of blind nature’s instinctual passions/the feeling-being formed thereof.

In other words, the person who landed at the airport (that feeling being who needed to gain clarity in her life-style/ her livelihood situation) vanished without a trace, in a matter of seconds, the following afternoon.

She is now living the ‘peace-on-earth’ actual freedom (as per the reports on The Actual Freedom Trust website) which will, after a suitable transitional period of acclimatisation and accommodation and accustomisation (which period took 30+ months for me all those years ago), presumably also segue into the ‘meaning-of-life’ actual freedom (as per the reports on The Actual Freedom Trust website), and which is known colloquially as the ‘magical wonderland’ (a fairy tale-like pristine paradise where peerless purity abounds), given the requisite pure intent, of course.
Mailing List 'D' Rick

I wouldn’t agree with you here Rick. Ultimately all ‘real’ emotions and states that comprise feeling beings are pale imitations of the actual. This has been known for a long time. But by going into love, empathy, forgiveness etc. one is simply staying in that meagre imitation which is nothing other than normal everyday living. The actualism method is a way to imitate better by going into felicitousness and innocuousness, in a way that will eventually allow you to springboard into actuality.

Rather than Richard or Vineeto doing an about turn on empathy, I’d say they are offering a very specific clarification. The universal empathy of near actual caring is not the same as loving kindness or Metta for all beings. Giving oneself is not the same thing as love or putting the other before oneself. And Richard has always warned people off getting to actual freedom the way he did via enlightenment.

It seems to me that you’re going this way and finding apparent contradictions in a highly intellectualised way because your own practice has stalled. Richard’s writings on the page and ‘actualism’ as a coherent theoretical work has become your lodestone rather than the PCE. But you are missing a vital ingredient i.e. experience – without which the words can never by themselves make total sense. With experience, PCE’s and ulitmately AF, the apparent contradictions and lacunae don’t matter (or are fun things to ponder) as you realise that this is a bunch of people trying to figure out a novel and strange experience over a period of time in their lives and at times finding it hard to do so.

You seem to have given up on your own practice and your own ability to become progressively more happy and harmless – let alone have a PCE. If the goods are not being delivered to you then it makes sense that you would question the instructions. Isn’t this something you would like to work on rather than you present MO of finding contradictions on the AFT to buttress your own position and reassure yourself?

2 Likes

My, my, my. Et tu Srinath?

Hehe sorry buddy. Just the messenger here :grin:

As am I

1 October 2017

Q3:

Okay one question I did have was whether near-actual caring was utilised by all persons to become actually free or whether it was something unique to Vineeto’s self-immolation (and perhaps Peter’s also)?

Dona: Vineeto “coined” this term when people asked her to explain her experience of becoming actually free. She said that near-actual caring is what can set altruism in motion/action, which is needed for self-immolation. Without that “motivation” for “this body, that body and every body” it is impossible to make that leap.

As far as she can see, everyone (in some way) did utilize near-actual caring.

Alan: Richard suggested Vineeto be very careful​​ when using the term as it could lead to confusion – which it has, particularly so in my case lol

To become actually free it is necessary to use something outside of ‘myself’ – ‘I’ cannot eliminate ‘myself’. It does not matter what the “something” is – a caring as near to an​​ actual caring as is possible as an identity can muster, as happened for her and Peter. Doing it for this body, that body and every body is another possibility i.e. not for ‘me’. They likened it to the quote from Archimedes –​​ “give me a​​ lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world”​​ –​​ the “fulcrum” is ‘outside’ of the earth.

[Q3] This second question is more of a confirmation re: whether my understanding is right:
I hit a bit of brick wall when I realised recently that for self-immolation to occur it had to be more than just ‘me’ intending to disappear and jumping into the actuality, I have experienced in PCE’s. It has to involve my really wanting to bridge the separation that exists between myself and others​​ (this and other bodies). So I cannot just ignore feeling caring and sweep it under the carpet like a dirty secret. Awareness of those feelings is crucial for self-immolation to eventually occur. I can ‘dare to care’ rather than dissociate from those feelings. Not wanting to enter an intimate relationship or being afraid of falling in love is a sign of such a dissociation. Eventually I realise the limitations of feeling caring and also realise that if I really care about the person I’m with - and every person alive today, myself included - I will have to give up living in the real world.

Dona: yes, it is important not to sweep any feelings under the carpet, as well as not to dissociate from them.

Not wanting to get into a relationship because of fear of​​ love/caring is a sure sign that we are not willing to deal with these feelings. And until we do (deal with them - any feeling), we cannot become actually free.

Alan: Richard stressed that he has never advised anyone to stop “feeling caring”. The world would be a poorer place without feeling caring (my words).

From Alan & Dona’s questions to Richard & Vineeto in 2017

“Hence it came to pass one fine evening that feeling-being ‘Vineeto’ realised, with a profound visceral impact, how ‘she’ had never actually cared – although ‘she’ certainly felt caring (in fact ‘she’ had a deeply-ingrained and ongoing feeling of caring about all the misery and mayhem) – and upon that realisation transforming itself into an actualisation (as per the intimacy-yearning process detailed in the ‘Direct Route Mail-Out № 05 email part-quoted at the top of this page) it activated “a caring which is as close to an actual caring as an identity can muster” and there was indeed action which was not of ‘her’ doing … to wit: the ending of ‘her’ and all ‘her’ subterfuge and trickery (just to stay in keeping with the above wording purely for effect).”

-Richard