Supplementing actualism with conventional methods

@Miguel the fear of ‘self-immolation’ as fantasised by a feeling being, is a fear like any other. It really has no basis in actuality. But until it happens it can only be fantasised really.

It is really hard to know beforehand what human relations are like in actual freedom. PCE’s and actual intimacy experiences are usually too short to give you a good idea. After ‘I’ went - and with it all the love too, what was revealed in its place was something very caring, sweet, intimate and simple. And this is what I enjoy with my partner and daughter. It’s not at all like they are pieces of furniture or rocks. There is a lot of kissing, cuddling and laughter. It isn’t dry or mechanical at all.

5 Likes

This is great to read^ it made me think it would be cool to hear about things a little more as to what an actually free life is like. I dont think actually free people yend ti share unless explicitly asked, so maybe we need to adk a bit more.

I know for me, one fear I have about self immolating is that I will just fall off the charts. Like…im a single gay dude, who will no longer have any propensity to seek relationship…Even though I know from peak experiences it wouldnt be possible to be lonely or something, imagined from this side it seems sad/lonely :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A new recommendation has been made here: Where is Shashank? - #7 by claudiu

Why?

My experience with Vipassana is mainly from the Dharma Overground, which makes use of the Burmese style of Vipassana. This sets you on a course to enlightenment via cycling through the nanas. I didn’t find this conducive to practicing actualism because it invokes a different way of being that muddies the waters. I had more success with actualism when I dropped the Vipassana practices (and this is generally advised, I believe but don’t have any sources to hand).

I don’t have experience with other styles of Vipassana but expect the results would be similar.

That said, I’ve actually found some benefit to a basic meditation on the breath for a short period each day. It helps with stress and some of my other health issues and doesn’t interfere with my actualism practice. YMMV.

1 Like

I tried supplementing tuning in to the purity by using an old phrase from my past and it is working quite well. I say ‘I am continually calming the restless scanning of my rational mind’ and my mind goes calm and I immediately tune in to the senses.

2 Likes

breathing exercise for healing and relaxation:

1 Like

I just read this Book and I found it fascinating and it actually has improved my
understanding of Actualism practice. It may have seen it on one of the threads here on
discuss ?

The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain Paperback – October 1, 1999

by [John E. Sarno M.D.]

(I moved these posts here, @FrankN, to try to keep the other topic focused on what differentiates it from this one)

I am aware of Sarno’s work, and it is advisable to be also aware of critiques like this one: https://www.painscience.com/articles/sarno-review.php

I wanted to share a recent “discovery”. I have had feelings of physical (chest and abdomen) discomfort in the early hours of the morning for a long time, that are definitely emotionally related!
After seeing the video posted by @henryyyyyyyy( appreciate it) about sleep cycle etc. I realized that my early morning discomfort may be caused by Cortisol release at that time of the day. So I searched google for that and came upon a few references of using Magnesium Taurine to deal with this situation. I ordered
brand name “NOW Supplements”, Magnesium Taurine 1,000 mg, Double Strength, Nervous System Health*, 100 Veg Capsules for about $10 from Amazon, and started taking 2 at bedtime and some times added another one at ~ 4 a.m. , and i can report that this has been so very very helpful, I have not experienced the physical/emotional distress in the early morning hours for the past 10 days or so.

5 Likes

Is this what you purchased? I can’t seem to find Magnesium Taurine but I found this:

Hi edzd, yes what you have shown is what i purchased and it is working wonders for me!

Thank you for confirming! Will order some for myself as I share your symptoms.

1 Like