Richard is wrong about smoking

The unknown quantity is to what degree stress contributes to cancer, but studies like these are uncovering links

I have been learning more about longevity over the last few weeks. Changing my diet, eating patterns, supplements and ensuring I get plenty of sleep.

I would wager that these factors have the greatest bearing on cancer.

Smoking isn’t a healthy habit. One only needs to be a smoker to know that. However, the process of ageing, as explained by Dr Sinclair and many others, is for most diseases the main cause.

“Stress” is a very nebulous word.

If we talk about “emotional eating” that has more usefulness to it. Doing things out of a emotional motivation (eating, alcohol, smoking, sitting around too much) which accelerate ageing and impair the bodies natural self -healing functions.

I have been doing all of those things (emotional motivation to eat, drink, smoke) and I can see the damage accumulate.

Dr Sinclair mentioned that medical science has been traditionally " cause and effect " in it’s diagnostic and treatment culture.

Smoking= Lung Cancer
Sugar=Diabetes
Some foods= cholesterol/ high blood pressure.

Cause—> Effect

He mentioned that recently the W.H.O introduced and defined “ageing” as a disease. The vast majority of “traditional” diseases are all manifested from the same basic breakdown in the bodies inbuilt repair pathways. This unrepaired damage IS ageing.

Repair the damage, by allowing the body to do it early enough equals vastly smaller chances of “traditional” disease happening.

In short, one’s chronological age doesn’t need to be one’s biological age.

Bryan Johnson is a high profile example of reversing biological age. He was far from the first though.

Indeed, there are traditions which are being vindicated again and again by each new wave of science.

Great food (primarily plant based), intermittent fasting, great sleep, resistance exercise.

So this is the thing that makes me wonder because I don’t personally feel any of these direct negative effects of smoking on my health. Bear in mind I smoke maybe 5/6 small roll up cigarettes a day, I have a pretty healthy diet although that would be a thing up for discussion because I pretty much eat a carnivore diet, as far as stress is concerned it’s pretty damn low thanks to actualism.

I feel so much better health wise than I ever did in my life, there just isn’t anything obviously wrong with me due to smoking, so if it is bad for me then it must be some ‘silent killer’ kind of damage.

Although I guess I could try not smoking for some time to see if I might feel even better.

One thing is for sure though, and that is the only huge difference I have noticed in my life in terms of health and that is the minimisation of stress.
I mean talk about unhealthy chemicals, I remember the cocktail of chemicals coursing through my body when I was a very anxious person and that had a noticeable effect on so many other things. It really seems that the best thing I ever did for my health was becoming an actualist haha.

I always think to what Richard says that ‘I’ will divert attention away from ‘myself’ so that everything else is blamed for the various issues. And this seems to be happening with the whole health thing, people are doing ice baths now, all sorts of wacky stuff, latest health trends for this and that all the while the 1 factor that is responsible for more carnage than anything else is left to roam free.

For example my mum is a real health freak, and her mind is currently so filled with emotionally sourced thoughts due to all the health research and other things that she cannot sleep for more than 2/3 hours a day, so how is this not all back to front :joy: It’s like the main cause is ignored and then one is busy with whether the mycotoxins in their organic coffee are really killing them from the inside…

1 Like