Richard has passed away

Usually when someone dies you say Rest in Peace. But there is no need to say that for Richard, he achieved something far better, he lived in peace.

I have so much appreciation for the man who brought this to the world. I had hoped to meet him one day, in a few years time when my life circumstances were different, but it wasn’t to be.

It also strikes me that Vineeto is the only fully free person on this planet now. Certainly some impetus for all of us to make progress.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the news @claudiu and thanks to Vineeto for her openness and her message of motivation.

Slightly ironic that I was actually writing several draft messages with the hope of a Richard response, one was on the subject of death/mortality, another about health anxiety and another about grief.

For so many years I had a chance to ask questions, since the Topica forum days but never made the most of that opportunity.

My friend Nadeem who introduced me to AF, had first encountered Richard around 2001. He encountered him in certain forums and other discussions on philosophy, spirituality before becoming aware of the AF site etc. I recall him discussing about this person with interesting ideas on the self etc before fully finding out more about him. That is when I was 17 years old and I am 39 now.

My initial reaction to Richard was such disdain and almost hatred at first. I was so dedicated to prove him wrong. He really struck every nerve that I had. I don’t think I ever had such a strong U-turn in my reaction to somebody before. I have nothing but appreciation.

6 Likes

A life well-lived and then some. Thank you @claudiu for keeping us posted. What Vineeto wrote was very validating to read, and since yesterday I have been noticing her words being naturally expressed in a few friends and myself. The stakes have gotten higher and it’s up to us to keep this flame (an actual freedom from the human condition) alive. Instead of anxiety or trepidation, it’s actually fun and exciting to contemplate.

If she has any further explanation or direction on how to make the most of this eventous moment, I’d be very keen to read it, so thank you for keeping us abreast.

6 Likes

“I am the universe’s experience of itself. The limpid and lucid perfection and purity of being here now, as-I-am, is akin to the crystalline perfection and purity seen in a dew-drop hanging from the tip of a leaf in the early-morning sunshine; the sunrise strikes the transparent dew-drop with its warming rays, highlighting the flawless correctness of the tear-drop shape with its bellied form. One is left almost breathless with wonder at the immaculate simplicity so exemplified …”

6 Likes

I’m currently on an international trip with a lot of delays happening. When I read the thread title I was just completely saddened and shocked. It was all I could think about this whole trip. The first fully actually free person is gone. I never went to meet him due to wanting to become free without having met him but now I wish that I had went out to see him. I may not be actually free yet but Richard had a huge impact on the way I think and see the world. Like many others, I initially had an adversarial attitude to his writings but the facts that he so meticulously laid out spoke for themselves. Even just approaching the world through that way has lessened the conflict in my life. No one could write like he could. He will indeed be greatly missed.

I’ve also taken note of Vineeto’s response and will not put this energy to waste.

3 Likes

This is so very strange. The last two weeks have been quite rife with death but despite other sudden passings this was the most shocking to me. Richard was absolutely formative in how my worldview was shaped for the past 20 years and he often managed to put to words things that I’m still far too bad at expressing verbally myself (in fairness, Vineeto and Peter were also quite helpful in this regard).

While reading Vineeto’s response, I remember starting out thinking “how’s this going to work out without Richard” and during reading my whole world seemed to shift to “of course it’s like this, it’s always been supposed to be like this”. It’s very difficult to explain how my entire thought process changed, but it seemed fundamental at the time. There’s been a remarkable stillness for the past few days. Perhaps it’s because I’m on a short leave from work, perhaps it’s something else.

Also, this stood out to me in what Vineeto wrote (and I’m not sure if it’s self-evident to others, but to me it was both a discovery and a reflection of what I started doing the past week, for reasons I didn’t know at the time):

Thank you Richard for deciding to go public all those years ago, and thank you Vineeto for showing this woman that Richard wasn’t a freak of nature and that Actualism wasn’t a boy’s club. I wouldn’t have accepted it anyway :wink:, but it gave me less excuses for not taking the plunge… and the way things are currently headed, I think, in a weird roundabout way, the events that have transpired have blown the last few excuses to smithereens.

3 Likes

Also, this almost brought tears to my eyes:

All this wanting to change the world and it’s always right in front of me. I’m a right daft cunt sometimes :joy:

1 Like

This news has been on my mind constantly since first reading about it. It is such a salient event because of the impact that Richard had on the world and because of the exceptional life he lived. There is just so much to process here, I am constantly finding myself drawn to swim in this deep (seemingly bottomless) and abiding appreciation for the kind of person that he was, in so many respects.

I want to be able to write something that would give homage to the kind of person that he was but I realise it would not even scratch the surface. So yes as per Vineeto’s writing let’s turn the energy of this seemingly bottomless appreciation for Richard in line with the 1 thing that would indeed pay homage to his life - an actual freedom from the human condition in another human being.

Something that is constantly popping up in my head - “What an incredible human being he was, and what an incredible life he lived” - this means I can be likewise incredible, why not?

3 Likes

It is unequivocally clear that something of great import is currently happening.

Consider the following (emphases added):

Vineeto also wrote to me the following on Jun 7th:

VINEETO: It seems as if since then [around June 1st, before Richard passed away] floodgates of immense appreciation both in Richard and me have opened up, such deep and moving appreciation for the perfection all around, for instance every tiny detail in nature, so perfect, so precise as well as the vastness of perfection when you contemplate the universe beyond our own planet. […]

And her experience now:

VINEETO: When I contemplate right now pure intent to determine the quality of my experience of it, it is a very powerful all-permeating, oft-times overwhelming (until I get used to it I guess) purity of everything I see and everything that is, accompanied by a deep appreciation of it being so.

And the following is also relevant:

VINEETO: What I mainly noticed [since becoming fully free] is the immense increase, and permanency, in appreciation of everything, and Richard, before his death, expressed this immense appreciation several times, to you, then to me as described above, then commenting on the perfection of it all from the tiniest detail to the vastness of the universe. Note that his last article is about “Marvelling At How Well-Equipped Human Beings Are”, i.e. about appreciation.

I can also confirm my experience of being alive has transformed significantly. A deep and meaningfully appreciation as a way of being alive is readily available now. On a walk yesterday around the stunning sea-side cliffs near where I live, I had several moments where I experienced it as what it would be like to be actually free – everything in its place, everything perfect, everything a joyful expression of and participation in this grand playtime of what it means to be alive, life itself being exactly like what it is to be a kid playing with their fellow mates.

Actively appreciating this transformation seems to be the key to dynamically enabling it to continue!

I am no longer content to sit back and cease progressing forwards. When I woke up today and detected that I might be reverting back to normal, I had a visceral reaction like !NO! I will not let that happen this time! Now is the time to actually resolve the last lingering objections and issues that are preventing me from going all the way.

What a magical unfolding it is that is happening now, apparently global in scope (as in not limited to any physical area or by any distance).

Best regards,
Claudiu

1 Like

Let’s see what happens. Wishing you all the safest of travels along the safest path in existence. :smiling_face:

PS. I did finally manage to put words on one thing I noticed happening after Richard had passed and Vineeto posted her response; a deep appreciation for her. Not reverence, not putting her on a pedestal (as I was sometimes prone to do with especially Richard, but also other actually free persons before), but something else. An appreciation of her having “taken over the torch”, so to speak. It’s like a deep (base-of-being deep), solid call to action and compulsion at the same time, but without any instinctual or emotional tinge to it.

Normally I would not write this down (as it seems slightly insane) but it’s been buzzing at the back of my mind for quite some time now and hasn’t simmered down one iota.

Constantly keeping tabs on myself to make sure I don’t get pulled into the same emotional dead ends that have happened with me before, but this genuinely seems like the real thing.

1 Like

Interesting that I was considering this same thing yesterday, especially the bit about being called to action (in a way where one cannot turn away) and yet there is no obligation or drive.
It struck me as being such a paradox and yet making complete sense (experientially), that one cannot help but act in a particular way and yet one is free - there is something very magical in this.

One cannot help but act in line with perfection and purity, perhaps because underneath all the illusion and delusion it is one’s very character.

Also reading this seemed to have the same effect on me, yesterday evening this deep appreciation began devolving into sorrow but when I read your post this morning it all flipped upside down. Indeed “it’s always been supposed to be like this”, as in Richard paved the way to an actual freedom for the rest of human kind, he was never meant to stay behind indefinitely and ‘be in charge of the operations’ haha. Actual freedom is now solidly in the human experience, it is up to us now to do the next step.

2 Likes

Vineeto has put up the chat with Claudiu on AFT…It has some intresting details…

http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/actualism/vineeto/actualvineeto/claudiu2.htm#07Jun24

1 Like

“Now I am thinking that when he died it is no longer shared physically, I am the only one experiencing it and this experience is overwhelming.” -Vineeto

So what happened to Peter?

I think only she experiences it because she is the only person living the full actual freedom (meaning of life). Richard mentioned something like a circuit being formed when she became fully free and there was one man and woman that was fully free when that happened. But could be that I’m interpreting it wrong too.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing a rapid unfolding as well beginning roughly June 1st and with a recent acceleration. It is increasingly breathtaking to be taking part in life and the universe

4 Likes

So Peter is not “fully free”? I don’t think I’ve heard of this distinction between free and fully free before.

After the first batch of pioneers became newly free in 2010, it became clear that although they were in fact actually free from the instinctual passions and the feeling-being formed thereof, there was still a distinction between their experience of being alive and Richard’s.

Thus were terms introduced to properly delineate these distinctions:

• newly free / basically free / basic actual freedom / peace-on-earth actual freedom
  • fully free / full actual freedom / meaning-of-life actual freedom

In hindsight Richard also experienced these two phases, with his period of “peace-on-earth actual freedom” taking thirty months:

RICHARD: For instance, a couple of months ago a person of Indian birth and upbringing flew into Coolangatta Airport late one night on a prearranged agreement to meet in person so as to talk about her life and to gain clarity in her life-style/ her livelihood situation.

Less than 24 hours after landing she was actually free of blind nature’s instinctual passions/the feeling-being formed thereof.

In other words, the person who landed at the airport (that feeling being who needed to gain clarity in her life-style/ her livelihood situation) vanished without a trace, in a matter of seconds, the following afternoon.

She is now living the ‘peace-on-earth’ actual freedom (as per the reports on The Actual Freedom Trust website) which will, after a suitable transitional period of acclimatisation and accommodation and accustomisation (which period took 30+ months for me all those years ago), presumably also segue into the ‘meaning-of-life’ actual freedom (as per the reports on The Actual Freedom Trust website), and which is known colloquially as the ‘magical wonderland’ (a fairy tale-like pristine paradise where peerless purity abounds), given the requisite pure intent, of course.
Mailing List 'D' Rick

Thus far only Vineeto has succeeded in becoming fully free after Richard. She’s written about various experiences she had on the path to doing so over the years – you can read about some of it in her correspondences with newly free people: Vineeto Latest Correspondence – 2013 .

Cheers,
Claudiu

3 Likes

To his dying days, he shared what he deemed important and interested all with the radical direction his “condition” allowed his intelligence to explore.

Perhaps now, that definitively, there will never be another ‘Richard’ or Richard, everything he became, will overtake us all.

Well, Vineeto is already another Richard:

It is incumbent upon any actualist to forthwith with as much energy as they can muster, join the actually free people in the actual world, and then as soon as possible thereafter (and this includes the current basically-free people!), become essentially the same as Vineeto (and thus essentially the same as Richard).

Nothing less than peace on earth, in our very lifetimes, is at stake!

Cheers,
Claudiu

4 Likes