Intimacy

Vineeto’s excellent reply gets to the heart of the matter: actualism is experiential, and, having not experienced a particular thing, it is not worthwhile to try to imagine or describe what it might be like, but rather, to stick with what one does know plus any advice from how to go from ‘here’ to ‘there’ (rather than trying to place oneself ‘there’ already).

With that in mind, as to:

I don’t think this is a good way to go about ‘looking’ for this. Unless you are in a PCE, everything ‘I’ experience is affective – with the peculiar exception of pure intent, but even then the experience of pure intent is different in a PCE than out of a PCE.

To put it directly, a naive intimacy is affective – incredibly so, to an nth degree, to a larger degree than ‘I’ usually feel feelings. It’s an ebullience – however, a felicitous one (rather than a loving or affectional one).

As such to be looking for a “sensate” type of intimacy will be missing the point, and probably preclude one from finding a naive intimacy… the key is it is a feeling, you won’t get to experience it by trying to avoid feeling feelings (which you aren’t necessarily explicitly saying here or thinking about doing in those terms, but, it sounds like it goes in that direction).

Or if I can put it this way: from a far-away perspective, such a naive intimacy resembles a powerful feeling far more than it resembles an imagined “sense-only” experience as one might have been going for w/ for example vipassana or samatha training.

However because it is naive it will have a through-line of pure intent/purity laced through it, which makes it magical, and the experience of which shows where all the affectional-type approaches go wrong, and you will find a natural/innate caring arise/come out of nowhere/having had been there all along (of course I care and want the best for everyone!). Following whatever through-line of purity you currently have running, will lead you there, too

I say this just so you don’t inadvertently shut yourself off from it by trying to avoid feeling strong feelings, remember, as a feeling being, fun is a feeling, so is naivete!

Cheers,
Claudiu

1 Like